New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Project car shoot to test the new Nikon Plena

finnphotos
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Project car shoot to test the new Nikon Plena

Just picked up the (relatively) new Nikon 135 f1.8 Plena, so I took out the project car to test it out. Shot on Nikon Z7ii with the 135. Car is a 96 Integra with a K24 engine swap.

integra-2 by clayfinn, on Flickr

integra-1 by clayfinn, on Flickr

integra-3 by clayfinn, on Flickr

Feb 19, 2024 at 07:52 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Project car shoot to test the new Nikon Plena

I am sorry no one cares to comment on your images.
#1 IMHO is lost in the glare of the sun. Now the other 2 seems to me to be fine compositions. Nice sharp lines, good exposure and no conflicts with light flares!
Dan

Feb 21, 2024 at 01:01 PM
Erictator
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Project car shoot to test the new Nikon Plena

Very nice! Looks like the Plena is going to serve you well. I like the high key first shot just fine, the second two are more conventional and have "the look" with awesome subject separation.

I had 2 Integra coupe's, the first was a 93 in red, the second a 96 in that dark green they had. The VTec's were fun hot little hatches.

When I bought the first one, they were CHEAPER than the Honda alternative, since I guess they weren't selling that well around here for some reason. I put a ton of miles on both for work, I rolled over the odo way over 100k. They were dead nuts reliable and I remember when I remodeled my kitchen loading a dishwasher still in the cardboard box into the rear hatch, and it closed completely!

I always thought if I ever wanted to do a resto-mod tuner car for fun someday, that an Intergra would be at the top of my list.

Thanks for the memories,
Eric

Feb 23, 2024 at 01:22 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Project car shoot to test the new Nikon Plena

Pictures and lens are pretty good, like Dan said #1 is a little washed out, #3 not bad but #2 is a killer shot, I like it. Good shootin-

Edited on Feb 23, 2024 at 10:18 PM · View previous versions

Feb 23, 2024 at 04:49 PM
finnphotos
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Project car shoot to test the new Nikon Plena

Erictator wrote:
Very nice! Looks like the Plena is going to serve you well. I like the high key first shot just fine, the second two are more conventional and have "the look" with awesome subject separation.

I had 2 Integra coupe's, the first was a 93 in red, the second a 96 in that dark green they had. The VTec's were fun hot little hatches.

When I bought the first one, they were CHEAPER than the Honda alternative, since I guess they weren't selling that well around here for some reason. I put a ton of miles on both for work, I rolled
...Show more

Thanks! Yeah I tend to like some of the flare looks, as long as it's intentional. But I can also totally understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

They're great cars! I've had a couple as well and can also attest to the capabilities of the hatchback - having moved cross country with all my belongings in one! They can be a lot of fun with a little work. This one has what's called a K24 swap, so I swapped in the engine from a 2006 Acura TSX and converted all the electronics to work with a new generation ECU. All said and done it should make around 250hp instead of the stock 140hp or so, and with lots more torque.

Feb 23, 2024 at 08:39 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.