Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DODGE RAM

Love the second relection version.

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:18 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DODGE RAM

Wonderful Bill! I am enjoying #2 also! Great vibrance despite the time of day!
I remember as a kid, all my "forts" were decorated with pictures I got from the local car dealers model brochures!
Nicely done!
Dan

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:17 AM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DODGE RAM

Pitter wrote:
Love the second relection version.

Thanks Pitter-

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DODGE RAM

Danpbphoto wrote:
Wonderful Bill! I am enjoying #2 also! Great vibrance despite the time of day!
I remember as a kid, all my "forts" were decorated with pictures I got from the local car dealers model brochures!
Nicely done!
Dan

Oh ya Dan, I loved making forts and decorating them...Thanks-

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:48 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DODGE RAM

Bill Gass wrote:
Oh ya Dan, I loved making forts and decorating them...Thanks-

With the exception of a few weeks ago and the local kids building a snow fort, I have not see much, if any, imagination of children when out of doors. They seem to be locked on their smartphones.

This was a part of growing up for me. Finding a plethora of imaginative things outside not inside. I hated being inside! Winter was even more fun and profitable if I was willing to work and I did! Collecting papers and glass bottles for pocket change, mowing grass with a push mower,(summertime) shovelling snow! I never needed an allowance!

My local neighbor in Iowa built a rope bridge way up in his trees. You could traverse the rope bridge maybe 40 ft off the ground. It was very basic and very much fun! But not if you had vertigo!

When we moved to Maryland it was about the same(1957). I loved to hike. We lived in farm country and my father was a pharmacist. I would hike about 15 miles to his drug store in deep snow and then ride home with him! I loved it! The solitude! Taking in all the surroundings of the farmland....just pure pleasure!!
Thanks Bill!

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:56 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · DODGE RAM

Danpbphoto wrote:
With the exception of a few weeks ago and the local kids building a snow fort, I have not see much, if any, imagination of children when out of doors. They seem to be locked on their smartphones.

This was a part of growing up for me. Finding a plethora of imaginative things outside not inside. I hated being inside! Winter was even more fun and profitable if I was willing to work and I did! Collecting papers and glass bottles for pocket change, mowing grass with a push mower,(summertime) shoveling snow! I never needed an allowance!

My local neighbor in Iowa
...Show more
15 miles...OMG.
15 miles in the snow...Go Dan ! That's a long ways.
Ya but going outside, getting dirty, building forts and playing was all we had.
Hot wheels, GI Joe's, we even made small forts out of grass for our toys, oh and tree houses and BB guns.
I remember mom and dad going from a black and white to a Curtis Mathis TV and oh boy...Then cable...
We had lemon aid stands, pulled weeds, mowed lawns(push mower as well), stacked wood, washed windows and what ever else we could.
Even selling mistletoe in front of K-Mart.
But kids now a days have all the above plus phones, computers and the internet.
I don't think many are inclined to work hard tho, it's terrible to find good workers.
I did hire a guy last week and he made it all week and seems to be a pretty good worker.

Feb 18, 2024 at 03:15 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · DODGE RAM

Bill Gass wrote:
15 miles...OMG.
15 miles in the snow...Go Dan ! That's a long ways.
Ya but going outside, getting dirty, building forts and playing was all we had.
Hot wheels, GI Joe's, we even made small forts out of grass for our toys, oh and tree houses and BB guns.
I remember mom and dad going from a black and white to a Curtis Mathis TV and oh boy...Then cable...
We had lemon aid stands, pulled weeds, mowed lawns(push mower as well), stacked wood, washed windows and what ever else we could.
Even selling mistletoe in front of K-Mart.
But kids now a days have all the
...Show more

Yeah I need "extra" help in the Spring especially! 15 miles was not far for me. IT was straight across vast fields of yet developed farm land! There was a small home/store where I could get something to drink if need be.. just outside of town. Then again dad's pharmacy had a soda fountain. Served up a fantastic milk shake! It was Winter so the colder the better.

Feb 18, 2024 at 04:12 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.