Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6       7       end
  

Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release

  
 
DavidBM
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


freaklikeme wrote:
I don't disagree, but every time I look through the EVF of my rV, all I want are my manual focus lenses. It's by far the best option I've had for the purpose in digital.


It's certainly true that the rV as well as having better AF has MUCH more enjoyable MF because of the higher Rez eVF!



Feb 28, 2024 at 12:35 AM
catacore
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Would the assumption that this Nokton lens will perform (on a Sony camera) more or less like its counterpart on a Canon camera be way off?

Have not found many reviews for the Canon mount lens, but my take on it is that the sharpness is a bit of a letdown wide open.

Thing is, I would like to buy a very fast prime, and I am more of a *50* type than a *35* type, but, at this point, the Laowa 35/0.95 looks more appealing from an IQ point of view (Bastian's review and pictures pushed me this way). And this is even before considering the price...

My thinking now, after the initial excitement regarding this Nokton lens, is that I might re-purchase the Sony 50/1.2GM lens (for the same money as the Nokton 50/1).



Mar 06, 2024 at 10:16 AM
RustyRus
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


catacore wrote:
Would the assumption that this Nokton lens will perform (on a Sony camera) more or less like its counterpart on a Canon camera be way off?

Have not found many reviews for the Canon mount lens, but my take on it is that the sharpness is a bit of a letdown wide open.

Thing is, I would like to buy a very fast prime, and I am more of a *50* type than a *35* type, but, at this point, the Laowa 35/0.95 looks more appealing from an IQ point of view (Bastian's review and pictures pushed me this way). And
...Show more

The Nokton is massive on M mount but tiny on E-

The size on the Nokton would make it much more attractive to me on the Sony system over the 50 1.2.

I would NEVER take the 50 1.2 with me anywhere- The Nokton can be somewhat hidden and easy to put in any bag compared to the 1.2.

Not sure if that plays into your thinking on it.



Mar 06, 2024 at 10:47 AM
ftllens
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Great so like 1400 usd if you are visiting for the Sakura blooms lol


Mar 06, 2024 at 11:18 AM
catacore
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


RustyRus wrote:
The Nokton is massive on M mount but tiny on E-

The size on the Nokton would make it much more attractive to me on the Sony system over the 50 1.2.

I would NEVER take the 50 1.2 with me anywhere- The Nokton can be somewhat hidden and easy to put in any bag compared to the 1.2.

Not sure if that plays into your thinking on it.


I have the Batis 40/2 as my (fast) AF normal lens, and the 50/1.2 it's not much bigger (in size, but double in weight), so I was thinking to replace the Batis with the GM. GM would also be 1.5 stops faster and faster for auto-focus. And just pair it with the 24GM and 135 Batis for a killer, low light, AF trio.

For *normal* days I still have few *normal* lenses: Nokton 40/1.2, Sigma 45i, 50 APO (just sold the Nokton 50/1.2). Whichever fast 50m I would get, it should complement the APO quite well.



Mar 06, 2024 at 11:18 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Today Cosina announced the official release date for this lens. It's 19th of March:

https://www.cosina.co.jp/news/%e3%83%95%e3%82%a9%e3%82%af%e3%83%88%e3%83%ac%e3%83%b3%e3%83%80%e3%83%bcnokton-50mm-f1-aspherical-e-mount-%e7%99%ba%e5%a3%b2%e6%97%a5%e3%81%ae%e3%81%8a%e7%9f%a5%e3%82%89%e3%81%9b/



Mar 08, 2024 at 01:09 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


I'm planning to compare the CV 50/1 lens for M-mount with the new CV 50/1 for E-mount. I expect that the E-mount version will perform noticeably better on the Sony sensor, but I'm curious to see how they both perform!


Mar 08, 2024 at 01:29 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Fred Miranda wrote:
I'm planning to compare the CV 50/1 lens for M-mount with the new CV 50/1 for E-mount. I expect that the E-mount version will perform noticeably better on the Sony sensor, but I'm curious to see how they both perform!


I should hopefully get my copy of the E-mount lens on 19th as well (I never had other versions of this lens). I'll need to pick it up from Map Camera as I pre-booked one at the physical store this time to utilize some trade-ins (easier to do in-store vs. online).

I'll post some samples as soon as I have some.



Mar 08, 2024 at 01:48 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Map Camera put out a new YouTube video showcasing this lens (in Japanese):






Mar 17, 2024 at 04:39 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Also a new article about it on Fujiya Camera's blog:

https://www.fujiya-camera.co.jp/blog/detail/pro/20240322/



Mar 17, 2024 at 04:41 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


I received a call from Map Camera and my pre-booked lens has arrived. I'll go and pick it up sometime tomorrow (they only start selling on official release day). I won't have much time to shoot tomorrow but I'll provide some samples as soon as I can. We have a national holiday on Wednesday so I should be able to shoot more then but weather forecast is not looking good.


Mar 18, 2024 at 01:00 AM
Alan Parker
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I received a call from Map Camera and my pre-booked lens has arrived. I'll go and pick it up sometime tomorrow (they only start selling on official release day). I won't have much time to shoot tomorrow but I'll provide some samples as soon as I can. We have a national holiday on Wednesday so I should be able to shoot more then but weather forecast is not looking good.


Sounds good Juha! I'm sure you're very excited. I watched the Map Camera video last night and the samples were very impressive as one might expect.



Mar 18, 2024 at 03:40 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


I picked up my lens on Tuesday but didn't have much time to shoot with it before today (as we had a holiday in Japan). Today's weather was quite varied between sunny, cloudy and rainy, and I went for a walk in Nakano and spent most of the time shooting in the backstreets there. A few of the shots were taken at Ebisu.

Samples taken with my A7CII:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yw9MZqSgqDr5LkQN9

Lots of the shots were taken at f1, and others at f2, f2.8, f4, f5.6. I applied some of my favorite filmic styles on those and exported them through latest version of C1 Pro.

First impressions of the lens are very good. It's pretty sharp at f1 already and I like the bokeh a lot. I like the handling of the lens a lot as well. The weight and size of the lens on A7CII are a bit on the upper limit for me but I didn't feel the weight too much while shooting with it today. I'm looking forward to shooting more with it in the coming days.



Mar 20, 2024 at 10:14 AM
Bertrick
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I picked up my lens on Tuesday but didn't have much time to shoot with it before today (as we had a holiday in Japan). Today's weather was quite varied between sunny, cloudy and rainy, and I went for a walk in Nakano and spent most of the time shooting in the backstreets there. A few of the shots were taken at Ebisu.

Samples taken with my A7CII:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yw9MZqSgqDr5LkQN9

Lots of the shots were taken at f1, and others at f2, f2.8, f4, f5.6. I applied some of my favorite filmic styles on those and exported them through latest version of C1
...Show more

Thanks, Juha, for sharing these. The variety of depth-of-field is very useful for getting an idea of the lens in a variety of situations. I agree with your bokeh assessment, I like what I see in your (nicely composed) images here.

My lens should arrive today or tomorrow and these images make me especially eager to try it out!



Mar 20, 2024 at 10:56 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I picked up my lens on Tuesday but didn't have much time to shoot with it before today (as we had a holiday in Japan). Today's weather was quite varied between sunny, cloudy and rainy, and I went for a walk in Nakano and spent most of the time shooting in the backstreets there. A few of the shots were taken at Ebisu.

Samples taken with my A7CII:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yw9MZqSgqDr5LkQN9

Lots of the shots were taken at f1, and others at f2, f2.8, f4, f5.6. I applied some of my favorite filmic styles on those and exported them through latest version of C1
...Show more

Great shots, Juha! Did you see any variation in field curvature when using the E-mount versus the M-mount on your Sony camera? I noticed the transition zone with the CV 50/1 lens is quite smooth, though not as seamless as the CV 50/1.2.

Have you had a chance to test out the CV 50/1.1 Nokton? Its optical design is "inspired" from the Leica 50/1 Noct, and it's my top pick from the Cosina's fast 50mm bunch despite being discontinued for some time.



Mar 20, 2024 at 11:01 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Fred Miranda wrote:
Great shots, Juha! Did you see any variation in field curvature when using the E-mount versus the M-mount on your Sony camera? I noticed the transition zone with the CV 50/1 lens is quite smooth, though not as seamless as the CV 50/1.2.

Have you had a chance to test out the CV 50/1.1 Nokton? Its optical design is "inspired" from the Leica 50/1 Noct, and it's my top pick from the Cosina's fast 50mm bunch despite being discontinued for some time.


Thanks Fred! I've never actually owned or used the 50/1 M-mount version so can't compare how that works on Sony vs. this E-mount version myself. I didn't want to buy the M version to adapt it since it seemed not to work optimally on Sony based on reviews/reports and it is an expensive lens as well. I've never had the 50/1.1 either. From the very fast 50mm options from Cosina I've just had the 50/1.2 in E-mount. Original version and later I replaced with the SE version (I still keep that SE). I might pick up the 50/1.1 at some point if I come across one at a good price. Not too soon though



Mar 20, 2024 at 12:08 PM
Alan Parker
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I picked up my lens on Tuesday but didn't have much time to shoot with it before today (as we had a holiday in Japan).


I'm seeing some very luxurious looking photos. What's your impression of the haptics of the lens? Is it still comparable to other Voigtlander lenses or is it different because of the new build and design?



Mar 20, 2024 at 12:49 PM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Alan Parker wrote:
I'm seeing some very luxurious looking photos. What's your impression of the haptics of the lens? Is it still comparable to other Voigtlander lenses or is it different because of the new build and design?


Thanks very much! I feel that the dampening of the focusing ring is perfect with the new lens and the focusing action feels very smooth. Overall focusing feel is not that different from the earlier Voigtländer E-mount lenses. The surface provides a good grip. The aperture ring also feels quite similar to other CV lenses that have de-clickable aperture, but the clicks are slightly more defined (less muffled) than on some of my other de-clickable CV lenses, which is good. The aperture ring is quite narrow but very easy to use. I don't see any problems with the haptics with this new design and I like the new look & feel quite a bit.



Mar 20, 2024 at 07:34 PM
catacore
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


Thanks, Juha, for sharing those Nokton pictures. I'm really set now for my next fast normal lens purchase. Hope that lens will bring photographic joy to you.




Mar 21, 2024 at 02:55 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f1 for Sony E-mount for March release


The new Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton E-mount is now available at Cameraquest:

https://shop.cameraquest.com/voigtlander-emount/voigtlander-fe-50mm-f/1.0-nokton-aspherical/







Mar 21, 2024 at 03:39 PM
1       2       3       4      
5
       6       7       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6       7       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.