New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Full ...

RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Full ...

That's what the sign on the day center door reads.

Kent Southers 2024

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:09 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Full ...

A very sad state of affairs Kent! A testament to the question, "Are we headed in the right direction?"
Dan

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:59 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Full ...

Danpbphoto wrote:
A very sad state of affairs Kent! A testament to the question, "Are we headed in the right direction?"
Dan

Hard to answer that question. I mean, the picture is really an indicator of things past ... that brought them to this place in the present. What we are doing now ... to provide the direction we are heading toward, isn't really revealed in the image. That's kind of a "time will tell", thing.

I do think that the awareness of the past decade(s) has increased, in a way that could be a precursor for directional change. I mean, I know my awareness is changing me a bit, and while I can do "some things" in the present, they really aren't effecting the future that much ... just something to help a smidge in a moment or two. Of course, not to sound too Pollyannic, I also understand that certain aspects of human nature will never fully change. Improve is a hope, eradicate is a fantasy ... occasional help is realistically within my grasp.

Yesterday, I sat and ate with a man (not long) out of prison (30 years). I had some fries, got him a Big Mac. Very interesting to hear of his appreciation for me. What I really wanted to do was to give him a job and help him stand on his own again, but I've got no way of employing him. I have a vision, but it's a dreamer's vision that isn't realistic, from my socio-economic vantage point.

For the curious, his crime was one of passion, defending his family. Albeit a significantly, unfortunate and misguided event in his life ... one that many have "felt" like doing when their family has been harmed, but have had the restraint not to.

Listening to him eat his Big Mac, he intensely savored each and every bite, and ... well, let's just say it isn't something I'll soon forget. Can't really capture that one on film ... just etched in the gray matter.

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:12 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Full ...

RustyBug wrote:
Hard to answer that question. I mean, the picture is really an indicator of things past ... that brought them to this place in the present. What we are doing now ... to provide the direction we are heading toward, isn't really revealed in the image. That's kind of a "time will tell", thing.

I do think that the awareness of the past decade(s) has increased, in a way that could be a precursor for directional change. I mean, I know my awareness is changing me a bit, and while I can do "some things" in the present, they really aren't
...Show more

Yours is an intimate moment in the "space time continuum" Kent!

I had a few of these instances over my life time and they were sobering at the least! The stories they told, the life they led, the place they were at now spanned many years.
I believe there IS a road to relief. But then it is not within my purview of providing that relief, or help, at this time sorry to say. I vote religiously now but doesn't seem to matter/count.
Well stated brother!
Dan

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:59 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Full ...

Danpbphoto wrote:
Yours is an intimate moment in the "space time continuum" Kent!

I had a few of these instances over my life time and they were sobering at the least! The stories they told, the life they led, the place they were at now spanned many years.
I believe there IS a road to relief. But then it is not within my purview of providing that relief, or help, at this time sorry to say. I vote religiously now but doesn't seem to matter/count.
Well stated brother!
Dan

Thanks, Dan.

Mar 18, 2024 at 05:41 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.