Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Saguaro National Park

manzico_lost

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Saguaro National Park

I headed out to Saguaro National Park (East) to catch the tail end of some winter storms that have been passing through Tucson. There are great views of the Catalina Mountains from the park.

#1:

#2: The sun setting just to the south of Kitt Peak. You can see the observatories at the top (which is over 60 miles away).

#3:

#4:

I also got to play round with the new pixel-shift capability that came with the firmware update for my camera. It's pretty impressive. I'm starting to get a feel for when it's viable. As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Feb 13, 2024 at 03:08 PM
The Rat
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Saguaro National Park

Great shots! I really like the soft light in the third one.

What camera are you using the pixel shift with? I've been using it in the EM1 Mk2 for 5ish years now, and I thought I was the only oddball here to use it regularly.

Feb 13, 2024 at 03:29 PM
manzico_lost

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Saguaro National Park

The Rat wrote:
Great shots! I really like the soft light in the third one.

What camera are you using the pixel shift with? I've been using it in the EM1 Mk2 for 5ish years now, and I thought I was the only oddball here to use it regularly.

Thanks! I'm shooting the Nikon Z8. They just rolled out pixel-shift. It seems to work pretty well. If you pixel peep you can see some checker-boarding, but only way over-zoomed and also, only on very low ISO shots (at least that's what I've seen so far). At slightly higher ISOs it seems to go away.

Dave

Feb 13, 2024 at 03:32 PM
The Rat
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Saguaro National Park

manzico_lost wrote:
Thanks! I'm shooting the Nikon Z8. They just rolled out pixel-shift. It seems to work pretty well. If you pixel peep you can see some checker-boarding, but only way over-zoomed and also, only on very low ISO shots (at least that's what I've seen so far). At slightly higher ISOs it seems to go away.

Dave

Nice! Seems worth keeping on with. I know with mine, I have to turn the sharpening up a fair degree in post processing, but other than that I'm happy with it.

Feb 13, 2024 at 03:38 PM
Photokina123

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Saguaro National Park

Awesome!

Feb 13, 2024 at 05:35 PM
manzico_lost

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Saguaro National Park

The Rat wrote:
Nice! Seems worth keeping on with. I know with mine, I have to turn the sharpening up a fair degree in post processing, but other than that I'm happy with it.

It's definitely interesting. I find I actually have to use less sharpening, but change the radius of the effect slightly. I'm going to keep playing with it and also do a bunch of test images just to feed my nerdy side.

Thanks,

Dave

Feb 16, 2024 at 02:39 AM
Al Trujillo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Saguaro National Park

Aren't we lucky to live in a country with such diverse landscapes! Great pictures, I love Saguro.

Feb 16, 2024 at 07:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jim Dockery
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Saguaro National Park

Nice work, I like the varied light in these.

Feb 16, 2024 at 09:57 AM
naim1203

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Saguaro National Park

Beautiful place!

Apr 04, 2024 at 08:16 AM
mjgphotoz
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Saguaro National Park

manzico_lost wrote:
I headed out to Saguaro National Park (East) to catch the tail end of some winter storms that have been passing through Tucson. There are great views of the Catalina Mountains from the park.

#1:
https://a4.pbase.com/o12/81/354081/1/174345127.oTon12Xe.Catalina_Winter_Mood.jpg

#2: The sun setting just to the south of Kitt Peak. You can see the observatories at the top (which is over 60 miles away).
https://a4.pbase.com/o12/81/354081/1/174345132.jUMMlyyJ.Heavenly_Perch.jpg

#3:
https://a4.pbase.com/o12/81/354081/1/174345133.P486DRY4.Last_Glow.jpg

#4:
https://a4.pbase.com/o12/81/354081/1/174345139.C5scJBYu.Winters_Layers.jpg

I also got to play round with the new pixel-shift capability that came with the firmware update for my camera. It's pretty impressive. I'm starting to get a feel for when it's viable. As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Ok Dave, you got me. Someone finally actually made me homesick after 34 years. Beautifully done! TFS

Mary

Apr 04, 2024 at 09:44 AM
lightskyland
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Saguaro National Park

Beautiful scene, and love the light in #2 and #3!

Apr 04, 2024 at 11:56 AM
1970_gto

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Saguaro National Park

Gorgeous landscapes!

Apr 29, 2024 at 02:40 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Saguaro National Park

Love the light in #3, sweet

Apr 30, 2024 at 04:39 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.