FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

Best way to see/check images in the field

kaplah
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Jemini wrote:
Use Z8. This is an interesting info. I'll definitely check it out. Glad I asked the question. Thank you

In that case FTP (as snapsy suggested) if you have a modicum of tech savvy (filezilla ftp server would be the most common, at least on windows), or just Nikon's Wireless Transmitter Utility which, once set up, is reliable and fast.

Apr 01, 2024 at 09:37 AM
Jemini
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Are these good for transferring to phone? If so how fast/reliable is the connection? In theory Snapbridge should work. But I always had tough luck with connectivity.

kaplah wrote:
In that case FTP (as snapsy suggested) if you have a modicum of tech savvy (filezilla ftp server would be the most common, at least on windows), or just Nikon's Wireless Transmitter Utility which, once set up, is reliable and fast.

Apr 01, 2024 at 09:49 AM
Jemini
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Oh, I'm just looking for a solution just to browse through images. A tablet size or at least phone. USB OTG works fine now. Not looking to edit or upload.

suteetat wrote:
iPad transfer with card reader is very slow using LR to tranfer picture. Nexto or TransferMax is a great way to back up photos in the field but screen is not good enough to check picture. At the moment, I use Asus Zenbook S 13 inch
which isonly 1 kg and uses very small usb-c charger. It is powerful enough to run PS except for ai masking in ACR.

Apr 01, 2024 at 12:03 PM
suteetat
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Jemini wrote:
Oh, I'm just looking for a solution just to browse through images. A tablet size or at least phone. USB OTG works fine now. Not looking to edit or upload.

Do you need to review full size pictures? I use Snapbridge all the time with auto download 2mb size jpg to my android and it has been very reliable for Z8 Z f zfc z7 ii. Z9 is problematic but I have not check if current fw solved the problem or not. If I am shooting single shot, I will have all the pictures in my phone in less than a minute but shooting at 20 fps, there will be some delay. Zenbook S is not that much bigger than many tablets so I think it is a viable option.much much more convenient than my iPad and more flexible.

Edited on Apr 01, 2024 at 06:51 PM · View previous versions

Apr 01, 2024 at 04:31 PM
cmm1398

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Best way to see/check images in the field

One of these:

April Fools.

Apr 01, 2024 at 04:56 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Best way to see/check images in the field

I just bought a 10+ inch iPad (10th generation). For $631it should do more (internal volume is insufficient... need a bluetooth device with it) and the screen should be sharper imo. Not sure, but I believe it is 1080. I do not think it is sharp enough to critically judge images in the field. I downloaded Adobe PS 2024 from the Apple Store. It is free. So I tried a few images through iCloud and to the iPad. Slow. The device is not fast enough for my liking. I think my iMac is 4k. It is sharp and fast.

However, the stock agency will only accept images from a mobile device. So an iPad *would* serve to accept images via iCloud from the iMac hard drives and then exported. I just would not use this particular iPad to edit anything. 14 day return period runs out on Wednesday. I'll see the Apple Store tomorrow about that iPad Pro Arizona mentioned.

Robert

As Mark said..... probably best to wait till you get home to your desktop computer.

Apr 01, 2024 at 06:21 PM
Jemini
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Too small

cmm1398 wrote:
One of these:

April Fools.

Apr 02, 2024 at 07:42 AM
Jemini
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Best way to see/check images in the field

For some reason I could never successfully pair my pixel 6 pro to Z8 from th field. The Bluetooth should work like a headphone. If it's in th range it should pair automatically. But these camera companies don't have a clue about simple things like this. Wh n D500 came out I was excited about snapbridge more than the camera. But it never worked for me. Get connected sometimes, but not reliable. I will start from scratch and try again.

suteetat wrote:
Do you need to review full size pictures? I use Snapbridge all the time with auto download 2mb size jpg to my android and it has been very reliable for Z8 Z f zfc z7 ii. Z9 is problematic but I have not check if current fw solved the problem or not. If I am shooting single shot, I will have all the pictures in my phone in less than a minute but shooting at 20 fps, there will be some delay. Zenbook S is not that much bigger than many tablets so I think it is a viable option.much
...Show more

Apr 02, 2024 at 07:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Best way to see/check images in the field

I don't want to deal with a laptop or tablet in the field, but I got a USB OTG cable to put a USB port on my phone years ago for about $3, from China, on amazon

Apr 02, 2024 at 10:54 AM
Taperwing
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Best way to see/check images in the field

What am I missing here...

Leave the SD card in the camera and pipe the screen to an external porable monitor via HDMI cable?

Apr 02, 2024 at 11:23 AM
suteetat
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Jemini wrote:
For some reason I could never successfully pair my pixel 6 pro to Z8 from th field. The Bluetooth should work like a headphone. If it's in th range it should pair automatically. But these camera companies don't have a clue about simple things like this. Wh n D500 came out I was excited about snapbridge more than the camera. But it never worked for me. Get connected sometimes, but not reliable. I will start from scratch and try again.

I use Samsung Fold 3 and Snapbridge works flawlessly as far as auto transfer is concerned as long as I open Snapbridge app app on my phone. Sometimes I forgot to turn it off and after a day shooting birds, I ended up with a few thousands pictures on my phone to erase. I use this a lotbwhen I go outbwith some friends so I can share pictures quickly.

Using wifi to transfer raw or full size jpg is still cumbersome and it takes awhile to establish connection for remote trigger however.

Apr 02, 2024 at 04:20 PM
Jemini
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Need to check this. Thank you

suteetat wrote:
I use Samsung Fold 3 and Snapbridge works flawlessly as far as auto transfer is concerned as long as I open Snapbridge app app on my phone. Sometimes I forgot to turn it off and after a day shooting birds, I ended up with a few thousands pictures on my phone to erase. I use this a lotbwhen I go outbwith some friends so I can share pictures quickly.

Using wifi to transfer raw or full size jpg is still cumbersome and it takes awhile to establish connection for remote trigger however.

Apr 02, 2024 at 04:43 PM
AcuteShadows
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Best way to see/check images in the field

For viewing, you can use an external screen. But then you can only use in-camera functions to manipulate images.

Apr 02, 2024 at 07:36 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Returned an iPad for an iPad Pro.

Tested it for volume and refresh rate:

1. Yes, it is louder. I could not hear the iPad with certain things. Tested the Pro on Netflix's David Attenborough. I can hear him now!!
2. The iPad Pro refresh rate is faster than the iPad (M2 processor). Can import images thru iCloud faster now.

However, be aware

1. The 10+ inch iPad Pro screen has no better resolution than the iPad. (Still, I needed both of those above improvements).

2. Apple does not repair iPads, pro or otherwise.

Apr 03, 2024 at 12:58 PM
524f44
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Best way to see/check images in the field

Jemini wrote:
I'm looking for a portable device to browse images outside. These are the options I see

Anything else?

Variation on a theme others have mentioned: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJT5GPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Been using it for two years with different iPads, a MacBook even my phone. Works quite well.

Rod

Apr 03, 2024 at 08:50 PM
Jemini
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Best way to see/check images in the field

I already got this

524f44 wrote:
Variation on a theme others have mentioned: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJT5GPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Been using it for two years with different iPads, a MacBook even my phone. Works quite well.

Rod

Apr 04, 2024 at 04:33 AM
1              end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.