Feb 12, 2024 at 10:24 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two Costumed Ladies

Bill Gass wrote:
Cute.
Let's see the color version.

Thanks Bill. I'm usually a color guy as you may know but every once in a while I pull the trigger on B&W.

Steve

Feb 12, 2024 at 01:30 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two Costumed Ladies

Danpbphoto wrote:
Only in NY Steve!
GREAT catch!! Love it!!
Dan

Thanks Dan! Wednesday is VD Day. Don't forget your honey!

Steve

Feb 12, 2024 at 01:31 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two Costumed Ladies

Bill Gass wrote:
Cute.
Let's see the color version.

Here's the color version. This photo was problematic as it was backlit and had some flares I had to correct. Sometimes it's just easier to go B&W than to deal with additional aspects of perfecting lighting and color.

Steve

SteveSchulmanPhotography 2023

TWo Girls In Costumes

Feb 12, 2024 at 01:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two Costumed Ladies

eeneryma wrote:
Thanks Dan! Wednesday is VD Day. Don't forget your honey!

Steve

Have that covered..Thanks Steve!

Feb 12, 2024 at 07:29 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Two Costumed Ladies

eeneryma wrote:
Here's the color version. This photo was problematic as it was backlit and had some flares I had to correct. Sometimes it's just easier to go B&W than to deal with additional aspects of perfecting lighting and color.

Steve

I think the color here is great Steve! Color in street photography is underutilized. Subjects become more vivid and real to me. B&W may not be able to convey that. Joel Meyerowitz is a big color guy for streets. Color grabs you like here. The womens dresses are vibrant and better dynamic range.

There is nothing more classic and nostalgic than black and white street photography. Black and white reminds us of our past, which we often romanticize and idealize. Not only that, but we donít see the world in black and white, which makes these images more interesting to look at.

Again both very well seen Steve!
Dan

Feb 12, 2024 at 07:38 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Two Costumed Ladies

Color is good as well, thanks.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:33 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Two Costumed Ladies

Then we have this clown at the Phoenix Open.....pro golf used to be a class act spectator sport. Looks like the "comedy club" has replaced the "19th hole"!

"stolen" from a YouTube video after seeing this on the news!

Feb 13, 2024 at 09:46 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Two Costumed Ladies

Danpbphoto wrote:
I think the color here is great Steve! Color in street photography is underutilized. Subjects become more vivid and real to me. B&W may not be able to convey that. Joel Meyerowitz is a big color guy for streets. Color grabs you like here. The womens dresses are vibrant and better dynamic range.

There is nothing more classic and nostalgic than black and white street photography. Black and white reminds us of our past, which we often romanticize and idealize. Not only that, but we donít see the world in black and white, which makes these images more interesting to look
...Show more

Thanks Dan. Meyrowitz is a favorite photographer of mine. He started photographing in B&W and at a certain point switched over to color. There was a period of time where he was carrying two cameras, one set with B&W film and the other with color film. The side by side comparisons led him to the conclusion that for him color was the predominant choice. But then again, this is a very personal decision, and there are many photographers who would disagree.
Steve

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:22 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Two Costumed Ladies

eeneryma wrote:
Thanks Dan. Meyrowitz is a favorite photographer of mine. He started photographing in B&W and at a certain point switched over to color. There was a period of time where he was carrying two cameras, one set with B&W film and the other with color film. The side by side comparisons led him to the conclusion that for him color was the predominant choice. But then again, this is a very personal decision, and there are many photographers who would disagree.
Steve

Oh no doubt Steve! I am one of them! There are many photos that "cry" for b&w and many that cry for color. It is a strictly personal decision for the photographer. I respect that and have NO problem with either. For me the "situation" determines the processing! More often than not, I choose B&W. But I do NOT limit myself to that priority!

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:37 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.