New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

R5 still worth it in 2024?

garyvot
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · R5 still worth it in 2024?

rscheffler wrote:
Gary, you were in high school a little too soon. But as a high schooler you would have very easily adapted to anything new put in your hands, like perhaps an R6II brought back from the future. I bought a used Canon T90 while in high school. It was the design source for pretty much every higher-end Canon SLR, DSLR and mirrorless camera since.

Sure there is Minolta 'DNA' in Sony gear: overly complex menu systems and poor button layout/design/function.

The latest Sony cameras though do seem to be a fair amount better with respect to buttons and overall
...Show more

High school too soon? Every year as I get a little older I keep thinking the same, haha.

I left my photography career for about 15 years for a turn to tech, until digital imaging pulled me back when I realized I could combine both passions. But unfortunately I left before the T90 made its appearance. I never got to own one, but you can definitely see the beginnings of the EOS design ethos there. Still going strong today!

Feb 21, 2024 at 02:42 PM
goalerjones
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · R5 still worth it in 2024?

all the beta testing is finished now, so the R5 is a "known entity", strong points and weaknesses. The issue IMO isn't whether you should or shouldn't buy it, it's what do you want/need which your current camera isn't providing? Already being in the R ecosystem, it makes more sense, and of course, your budget since the R5mk2 is coming soon.

Feb 25, 2024 at 09:27 PM
ronno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · R5 still worth it in 2024?

jedibrain wrote:
I just bought one on black Friday.

Think of it this way. When the R5mk2 comes out this year, it'll cost at least $3800 and be hard to get for several months. You can get a used R5 right now for $2500 or less. And probably sell it for $2000 if you decide to buy a mk2. Cheap rental fee for a year of use.

I find the higher MP nice, but for all the people who told me my R6 was obsolete when it was released due to its 'low' resolution, I don't see a massive difference. The 50%
...Show more

Itís a 25% increase in resolution. 50% more pixels though.

Thatís why the difference does not look huge to you. Because itís not.

You need to have four times as many pixels to double resolution.

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:08 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.