New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

snegron7
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

Curious to hear from R6 owners (not R6II, but the original R6), how long have you owned your original R6? Have you experienced any issues, failures, etc.?

Feb 10, 2024 at 08:01 AM
jgoetz4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

I've had mine about 9 months with no issues. Don't use it much anymore do to arthritis in my hips.
Jim

Feb 10, 2024 at 08:39 AM
jedibrain
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

Fall of '21 I believe is when i bought it. Not a single issue that I can recall. I shoot a lot of youth soccer for my daughter's team. Mostly ES mode. But also other general photography. Basically no video, other than to mess around with.

Brian

Feb 10, 2024 at 08:40 AM
ct1co2
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

I've owned mine since October of 2020. It's been my main rig for the entirety of the time I have owned it, even though I added an R7 when it came out, and subsequently sold it a few months back. The only issue I've had was the R6 has locked up on me twice, but the last time was in October of 2021. In both instances, turned it off, removed and reinserted battery, turn it back on, back in business. But again, it's been more than 2yrs since the last instance.

Feb 10, 2024 at 08:45 AM
Mike_5D
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

Fall 2020. It has been very reliable.

Feb 10, 2024 at 09:01 AM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

I've owned it since release with 0 issues. I've mainly used EF lenses with a Canon brand basic adapter.

Feb 10, 2024 at 09:57 AM
GammyKnee
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

A little over 3 years for me.

I've had a lockup just once, easily remedied by battery re-insertion (to be accurate it was actually my wife that had the lockup, and notably she has a quite random approach to pushing buttons). I use it with the most basic Canon adapter and a range of EF & Sigma lenses. All my lenses play well with the R6.

The flash mount is still right & tight as it should be, but usually I only mount a lightweight controller on there rather than an actual flash so it's rarely had to endure any weight/leverage.

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:26 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

I owned two of them for over three years. I put nearly 600k frames on the two bodies. Occasionally they'll lock up and need a battery pull, but aside from that, no issues at all. It is by far the best camera I've ever owned and I think they are fantastic value at the current prices.

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

snegron7
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

deepbluejh wrote:
I owned two of them for over three years. I put nearly 600k frames on the two bodies. Occasionally they'll lock up and need a battery pull, but aside from that, no issues at all. It is by far the best camera I've ever owned and I think they are fantastic value at the current prices.

Are you using the newer version of the Canon LP-E6NH battery, or the older version (or after market, non-OEM batteries)?

Feb 10, 2024 at 01:04 PM
robbyphoto

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

Since May 8th 2022. I bought direct from Canon and it's been working great.

Feb 11, 2024 at 09:45 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

snegron7 wrote:
Are you using the newer version of the Canon LP-E6NH battery, or the older version (or after market, non-OEM batteries)?

I only ever used Canon Batteries... either the newer LP-E6NH or older LP-E6N batteries from previous Canon bodies.

Feb 11, 2024 at 01:06 PM
snegron7
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

deepbluejh wrote:
I only ever used Canon Batteries... either the newer LP-E6NH or older LP-E6N batteries from previous Canon bodies.

I have read that the newer batteries are either a bit more powerful, or that they last a little longer than the older batteries. I'm wondering if you got the lock up issue while using the older batteries.

Feb 11, 2024 at 02:08 PM
eephoto
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

Since release day in Canada

Feb 11, 2024 at 02:14 PM
dwweiche
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

I had to go back in my memory banks to remember. I bought it here as a LNIB from the B&S Forum in December of 2020.

It's been the best camera I've ever used, and I have had zero instances of Gear Acquisition Syndrome to upgrade it.

I don't specifically recall if I ever had a lock-up. It's possible I did early on, but I know in the past couple years it's been rock solid.

Feb 11, 2024 at 02:49 PM
Monkey Falls
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

I've owned mine since they were released and I've never had any issues with it. I've used it in extremes of cold and heat, in dry environments and in the wet. No issues. Great camera.

Feb 11, 2024 at 03:54 PM
yuluobin45

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How Long Have You Owned Your R6?

since early 2022 -- i know it was pretty late to get it before r6 ii was released. It hasn't caused any issue -- one thing I did notice was it started up slowly sometimes, but later i found out it was because of bad lexar SD card

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:45 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.