FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

SuperSPARC CPU

Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SuperSPARC CPU

Some shots of my reject SuperSPARC CPU die, from 1992 - a workstation processor used in Sun Microsystems workstations in the early 90s. Designed by Sun and manufactured by Texas Instruments, it was similar in speed to the original Pentium (though was released before that). Focus stacks done in Helicon Focus, using a WeMacro motorized rail for capture.

Nikon Z8 with Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S @ 1:1, 69 shot focus stack

Closer detail - Nikon Z8 with Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x @ 4.7x magnification, 279 shot focus stack.

Feb 03, 2024 at 11:27 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SuperSPARC CPU

Very unique and creative Jordan! It makes for 2 fine compositions! Super lines and intricate computer board patterns! Colorful as well! A highway for viewing if you will. I love the different bg bases! Both compliment each supporting image/chip!

Dan

Feb 03, 2024 at 11:54 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SuperSPARC CPU

Thanks! I just recently got into ultra macro, and being a computer geek as well, being able to see the traces and features on a CPU die, in which many of these are only a few microns in width or smaller, is awesome. This CPU die is about 16mm square, so the first shot a a little bit cropped, but the second is the full frame..covering about 7.5 mm of the chip width. Depth of field here is only about 50 microns on a single shot.

Feb 03, 2024 at 12:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SuperSPARC CPU

Jman13 wrote:
Thanks! I just recently got into ultra macro, and being a computer geek as well, being able to see the traces and features on a CPU die, in which many of these are only a few microns in width or smaller, is awesome. This CPU die is about 16mm square, so the first shot a a little bit cropped, but the second is the full frame..covering about 7.5 mm of the chip width. Depth of field here is only about 50 microns on a single shot.

I will forego the techinques of you compositions. Above my pay grade BUT a PHENOMINAL piece(s) of work!
Dan

Feb 03, 2024 at 12:40 PM
LordV
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SuperSPARC CPU

Wonderful stuff- looks like miniature cities.

Brian V.

Feb 03, 2024 at 11:52 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SuperSPARC CPU

Excellent images of the hidden workings in the box HP would refer to Sun Micro as "the Scud of the industry", "extremely fast and wildly inaccurate" after the first Gulf war.

Feb 04, 2024 at 07:40 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.