Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

Alan Kefauver
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

Crumbled when the OM-1 MkII was announced, and will fail again when the R5MkII is out.

Feb 13, 2024 at 09:11 AM
TomSchriefer
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

My New Year's Resolution to add no new camera gear this year is going very well. I actually unloaded some gear. Just yesterday I shipped out the R10/18-45/EL-100, and adapter after selling it all on E-Bay. That was my excursion into the world of mirrorless.

Feb 21, 2024 at 04:15 PM
Pixelpuffin
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

Mine failed spectacularly
Got offered a huge bundle of Pentax lenses at a price that was too good to pass up on. Up until that point I was completely switched off camera gear, but 2 fast zooms and 4 limited primes for a fraction of their true worth was just too good a deal to miss. Sorry

The good news is I bought everything in one lot, no need to be hankering after more….fingers crossed.

Are we allowed to relapse…

Oh Hail Mary…..

Feb 21, 2024 at 05:03 PM
TomSchriefer
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

Well... Congratulations on getting some stuff you wanted, anyway! Make use of what you bought. At least that way your New Year's Resolution is only severely bent, but not broken. Just like with alcohol, cigarettes, or horses... Just because you fell off the wagon once is no reason not to get back on.

Feb 24, 2024 at 09:31 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

photeliza

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

Struggling with my resolution to refrain from acquiring new cameras this year, but I remain optimistic. By maximizing our current possessions and staying dedicated to our objectives, we can uphold our commitment to our resolutions. On a positive note, I am successfully maintaining my resolution to quit smoking for the third consecutive year!

Mar 13, 2024 at 02:20 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

I forget resolutions by noon on Jan2. I gave up long ago.

Mar 26, 2024 at 12:56 AM
TomSchriefer
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

Sticking to it, so far.

Mar 26, 2024 at 03:47 AM
Pixelpuffin
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · How's Your New Year's Resolution Coming Along?

Update

I logged out and removed the Amazon App off my phone just before Xmas…so far so good. As mentioned upthread I did slip up somewhat as I bought into Pentax.
Last week having not used eBay for a whole week. (That’s a record for me!!) I finally logged out and deleted the eBay App too.
It’s been almost a week now and tbh I cannot think of a single thing I want to buy. Not wanting to tempt fate but I think I’ve finally at long last overcome the GAS addiction. 🤞

The mountains of camera gear has all been packed into plastic cases with silica packs and is now stored away. As I was sorting it I was aghast as to how much money I have squandered over the years. Sheer stupidity on my part constantly thinking if I bought this or that my pictures would be better….what a fool I am.

The only gear to hand is my Pentax kit, lumix LX100 and my phone.

Feels good I have to say.

Apr 04, 2024 at 03:28 PM
1              end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.