FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Berry Still Life

tjbel05
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Berry Still Life

I am learning still life. I would love some thoughts and suggestions on how to improve. These were shot with a Nikon Z9 a few with the 135 Plena and a few with the 105 Macro.

Jan 22, 2024 at 06:59 PM
RWNPhoto
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Berry Still Life

First 2 don't do much. The 3rd one is pretty interesting, but the tops of the berries are too close to the "horizon line" and it seems a bit dark. Most of them are.

You using one light? One light up and in back is okay to start, but don't forget side lighting can work. And diffuse it. Also, try a bounce card.

Like on the 3rd one, maybe side light it, with the light slightly more on the camera side of the subject. Helps get a of light on the front side of the berries. Don't want front lighting, so don't do that.

Jan 22, 2024 at 08:49 PM
tjbel05
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Berry Still Life

RWNPhoto wrote:
First 2 don't do much. The 3rd one is pretty interesting, but the tops of the berries are too close to the "horizon line" and it seems a bit dark. Most of them are.

You using one light? One light up and in back is okay to start, but don't forget side lighting can work. And diffuse it. Also, try a bounce card.

Like on the 3rd one, maybe side light it, with the light slightly more on the camera side of the subject. Helps get a of light on the front side of the berries. Don't want front lighting, so
...Show more

thank you for the feedback!

Jan 23, 2024 at 04:29 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Berry Still Life

Very creative and unique Tammy!
The wood texture creates a uniquely warm glow to the fruit! The blueberries and raspberries blend very well with the wood and spoon!

Do you allow the "pups" to have fruit?
MIne loved apples!
Well done!
Dan

Jan 27, 2024 at 10:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Berry Still Life

Some of these are nice, Tammy, but they almost all could be improved with a reflector of sorts to better refine and sculpt shapes and fill-in with some additional light. But they look good enough to eat!
Douglas

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:14 AM
tjbel05
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Berry Still Life

Danpbphoto wrote:
Very creative and unique Tammy!
The wood texture creates a uniquely warm glow to the fruit! The blueberries and raspberries blend very well with the wood and spoon! Thank you Dan!

Do you allow the "pups" to have fruit? Yes!
MIne loved apples! They love it all, even tomatoes.
Well done!
Dan

Jan 29, 2024 at 01:17 PM
tjbel05
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Berry Still Life

douter wrote:
Some of these are nice, Tammy, but they almost all could be improved with a reflector of sorts to better refine and sculpt shapes and fill-in with some additional light. But they look good enough to eat!
Douglas

Thank you Douglas. I will try with a reflector next time.

Jan 29, 2024 at 01:18 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.