1       2       3              28      
       end

Voigtlander 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

highdesertmesa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.29 #1 · p.29 #1 · Voigtlander 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

BastianK wrote:
I have yet to find someone who can tell me what is great about that field curvature bringing the corners back into focus even though they shouldn't be.
I find that objectively wrong, ugly and distracting. I am also pretty sure it is the reason the Laowa 28mm 1.2 and 45mm 0.95 did not gather a lot of fans.

Had you read the comparison you would have noticed that all the tests of the M-mount lenses have been conducted on a Leica M10.

Also here I wonder if you actually had a look at that article.
I don't know of anyone else who goes
...Show more

Well, thatís when I get for skim reading, seeing a reference to Sony, and going straight to the photos. Iím sorry for misrepresenting your test by wrongly saying they were taken all on a non-M sensor.

Feb 27, 2024 at 09:13 AM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.29 #2 · p.29 #2 · Voigtlander 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

highdesertmesa wrote:
Well, thatís when I get for skim reading, seeing a reference to Sony, and going straight to the photos. Iím sorry for misrepresenting your test by wrongly saying they were taken all on a non-M sensor.

Thatís a great and mature response James. Good to see such civility on the forum.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:23 AM
highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.29 #3 · p.29 #3 · Voigtlander 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

nehemiahphoto wrote:
Thatís a great and mature response James. Good to see such civility on the forum.

Thanks. I have to check myself every so often. I've taken IQ tests and scored well, but I always perform very poorly in general reading comprehension testing. Sometimes I have to read things three or four times. So if I skim read something, all bets are off

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Desmolicious
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.29 #4 · p.29 #4 · Voigtlander 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

My choice of lens used would be based primarily on size - would I enjoy using it? - and then flare resistance would be the next big one. So it would be the CV.

If I was a dedicated landscape photographer, I could see my choice being different.

Awesome review as always Bastian.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:05 PM
BastianK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.29 #5 · p.29 #5 · Voigtlander 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

Desmolicious wrote:
would I enjoy using it?

Talking only about the ergonomics and not the results, Thypoch gets a negative score from me in this category

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:18 PM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.29 #6 · p.29 #6 · Voigtlander 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Review

I like the size, flare resistance, ergonomics, more structured draw and contrast of the CV. I like the price, better midzone performance at large apertures, less optical vignetting and lack of FC on the Thypoch.

So, essentially, trade-offs per usual 🤷🏼‍♂️ For my purposes, I lean CV, but going to process some Thypoch files to ascertain that.

Feb 27, 2024 at 01:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.