Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8              end
  

When will a 3rd Leica EVF camera come out?

  
 
johnvanr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · When will a 3rd Leica EVF camera come out?


RustyBug wrote:
A bit of a twist on the concept ... what if they took the Q and gave it an M mount, as a companion Q-M to expand the Q, as one with AF, and one with MF. That could be Q-Manual Lenses or Q-M Mount. Either way, Q-M would fit the quest for those asking for an EVF with M lenses.

In that regard, then they aren't tampering with the M, they are expanding the Q.



Id love that. I would even buy it new, which I usually never do with Leica.



Mar 20, 2024 at 09:07 AM
retrofocus
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · When will a 3rd Leica EVF camera come out?


RustyBug wrote:
A bit of a twist on the concept ... what if they took the Q and gave it an M mount, as a companion Q-M to expand the Q, as one with AF, and one with MF. That could be Q-Manual Lenses or Q-M Mount. Either way, Q-M would fit the quest for those asking for an EVF with M lenses.

In that regard, then they aren't tampering with the M, they are expanding the Q.



Made this suggestion quite a while ago here - it really doesn't matter if it is called a Q with M-mount or a M with EVF functionality like in the Q. It is simply an "EVF M". Question is only if Leica allows it with AF or not - also already discussed, if with AF, it will in-house compete with Q and SL camera systems.

Personally I just hope it comes with M-mount and not with L-mount. But this is just my subjective preference because I have no use for the L-mount neither now nor in the future.



Mar 20, 2024 at 10:45 AM
retrofocus
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · When will a 3rd Leica EVF camera come out?


johnvanr wrote:
Id love that. I would even buy it new, which I usually never do with Leica.


Likely rather not - I expect such "EVF M" be be in the price range of the current M11 or maybe even higher. I will likely watch this from the side line first.



Mar 20, 2024 at 11:45 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

stgrove
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · When will a 3rd Leica EVF camera come out?


RustyBug wrote:
A bit of a twist on the concept ... what if they took the Q and gave it an M mount, as a companion Q-M to expand the Q, as one with AF, and one with MF. That could be Q-Manual Lenses or Q-M Mount. Either way, Q-M would fit the quest for those asking for an EVF with M lenses.

In that regard, then they aren't tampering with the M, they are expanding the Q.



Intriguing, BUT the Q has a special lens with built-in shutter where the lens almost touches the sensor.

If anyone can make an AF (or even MF for M lenses) ILC the size of a FF Q it is Leica.



Mar 20, 2024 at 02:23 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · When will a 3rd Leica EVF camera come out?


stgrove wrote:
Intriguing, BUT the Q has a special lens with built-in shutter where the lens almost touches the sensor.

If anyone can make an AF (or even MF for M lenses) ILC the size of a FF Q it is Leica.



Good point ... the Q is a leaf shutter, not focal plane. Which I would dig if Leica developed leaf shutter lens ilc in the realm of the M or Q form factor.



Mar 21, 2024 at 08:31 AM
stgrove
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · When will a 3rd Leica EVF camera come out?


We know they can make leaf shutter lenses from the S days, not to mention the current Q models So yes to that in a new small ILC.


Mar 21, 2024 at 10:57 AM
1       2       3              8              end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8              end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.