FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

acrylic pour paintings

Jim Dockery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · acrylic pour paintings

I posted one of these in abstract, but now think this is the better forum. My wife and I just started playing with acrylic pour painting. I'm having more fun and success shooting close ups of details in them as I am in the painting. All done with a Sony A7rV + 90mm 2.8 macro.

I like how the LED light I'm using gives the bottom a glow.

Here the tiny bubbles, which are a painting flaw, look like stars and the paint a nebula.

Jan 14, 2024 at 06:25 PM
LarryBeemer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · acrylic pour paintings

Wow! Very......psychedelic man. Cool.

LB

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:19 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · acrylic pour paintings

You have revived a lost art Jim!
Maryland's beach town, Ocean City, had an acrylic painter 60+ years ago on the Boardwalk. She was fantastic!
Since then this form of art has lost its attention there! Store closed many years ago!

But this is wild!!!! "I had too much to dream last night"-The Electric Prunes!!!!

Very well done!
Dan

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:21 AM
Pitter
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · acrylic pour paintings

Beautiful colors and technique. Jackson Pollack might have arrived at that had he lived longer.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:59 AM
Jim Dockery
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · acrylic pour paintings

Thanks for the comments guys. The actual paintings are 8x10 learning pieces that are too busy as a whole (doubt I will ever hang them), but some of the details are wild, and the way they glow in these photos really enhances them. I'll post some actual good paintings when and if Debbie and I can make them.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:03 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.