New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

Redwoods N. Park / South Oregon Coast?

Al Trujillo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Redwoods N. Park / South Oregon Coast?

Thanks for the tips. Every day here is a new adventure, we'll be in Prairie Creek and explore more of the trails after we walk Fern Canyon. BTW, my sister-in-law, always the skeptic, wants to know how you know that the burl weights 40,000 pounds? I don't pay much attention to her when she asks silly questions.

May 20, 2024 at 08:36 AM
gescober

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Redwoods N. Park / South Oregon Coast?

The rhododendrons may be blooming while you're there, so that's always a nice contrast with the redwoods and fog. There's also a spot where you can park and watch for Roosevelt Elk to come out, so a good telephoto is useful for for those shots.

Photograph America has a good set of newsletters for the parks and the coast:

https://www.photographamerica.com/store/p100/095_-_Redwood_National_Park%2C_California.html

It's a bit old, but I still think it's worth the $8.

May 21, 2024 at 12:14 PM
Al Trujillo
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Redwoods N. Park / South Oregon Coast?

gescober wrote:
The rhododendrons may be blooming while you're there, so that's always a nice contrast with the redwoods and fog. There's also a spot where you can park and watch for Roosevelt Elk to come out, so a good telephoto is useful for for those shots.

Photograph America has a good set of newsletters for the parks and the coast:

https://www.photographamerica.com/store/p100/095_-_Redwood_National_Park%2C_California.html

It's a bit old, but I still think it's worth the $8.

We got back home last night from our visit and unfortunately we didn't seen any Rodies inside the park! Outside was different though with every yard full of domestic cultivars. Great place though!

May 25, 2024 at 07:32 AM
mdvaden
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Redwoods N. Park / South Oregon Coast?

Al Trujillo wrote:
We got back home last night from our visit and unfortunately we didn't seen any Rodies inside the park! Outside was different though with every yard full of domestic cultivars. Great place though!

I'm watching weather again for my next visit. Preferrably rain, which I see Sunday and Monday, but i'd like to get rain mid-week since the park is even more quiet Tuesday through Thursday.

Just sold my 5DSR and bought an R5 so I'm curious to see what the R5 files are like. I know they will be good, but still curious to try on the new camera. The mirror lockup isn't something I will need to set anymore.

Also got a Tamron 35mm 1.4 after selling the 1.8 to a friend locally. I didn't need the vibration control. Although, the close focus distance is so good on the 1.8, I may buy another in addition down the road.

May 29, 2024 at 06:22 PM
Al Trujillo
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Redwoods N. Park / South Oregon Coast?

mdvaden wrote:
I'm watching weather again for my next visit. Preferrably rain, which I see Sunday and Monday, but i'd like to get rain mid-week since the park is even more quiet Tuesday through Thursday.

Just sold my 5DSR and bought an R5 so I'm curious to see what the R5 files are like. I know they will be good, but still curious to try on the new camera. The mirror lockup isn't something I will need to set anymore.

Also got a Tamron 35mm 1.4 after selling the 1.8 to a friend locally. I didn't need the vibration control. Although, the close
...Show more

My best were shot with either the Voigtlander 65mm APO or Zeiss 135mm APO-Sonnar. I used my 21mm often but didn't like much from the Redwood forest that I came home with. No sense of scale with the wider FL.

May 29, 2024 at 07:28 PM
1              end

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.