Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              17      
18
       end
  

Finally, Z6 III rumors

  
 
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #1 · p.18 #1 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


Itís always the people with the fewest pictures to share that worry the most about the minutia inside their camera.


Apr 02, 2024 at 08:23 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #2 · p.18 #2 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


Meanwhile I'm just this "bum photographer" that people complain about because he posts too many images.
RoamingScott wrote:
Itís always the people with the fewest pictures to share that worry the most about the minutia inside their camera.





Apr 02, 2024 at 08:46 AM
1bwana1
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.18 #3 · p.18 #3 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


JadedWriter wrote:
If I cared about who made my sensors I'd be shooting Canon and not Nikon and Fujifilm. I don't care. I really wish you people would stop trotting out the "but Sony makes the sensors" line. It's petty and you just want the final word in the discussion.
Also to further clarify:
I shot Nikon first, Fuji second basically a year after I started photography and Sony third down the line. I consider Nikon and Fuji the root of my photography. I don't care who makes their sensors.




My post was not about who makes the sensors. I agree that should matter to no one. I was only pointing out that when you claim that you wanted to vote with your wallet to deny Sony revenue because you didn't like Sony's "ethos", that you were still supporting Sony when you bought a Nikon. I was only commenting on the effectiveness of your tactic. That is not the typical "but Sony makes the sensor" useless discussion. It is useless for another reason. (not laughing at you, laughing at us for this silly discussion)



Apr 02, 2024 at 09:51 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #4 · p.18 #4 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


I already play my Sony Playstation 5 on my Sony Bravia and I import my images into my computers with Sony card readers. I give Sony money. Just don't want to buy Sony camera's or lenses.
1bwana1 wrote:
My post was not about who makes the sensors. I agree that should matter to no one. I was only pointing out that when you claim that you wanted to vote with your wallet to deny Sony revenue because you didn't like Sony's "ethos", that you were still supporting Sony when you bought a Nikon. I was only commenting on the effectiveness of your tactic. That is not the typical "but Sony makes the sensor" useless discussion. It is useless for another reason. (not laughing at you, laughing at us for this silly discussion)





Apr 02, 2024 at 10:14 AM
1bwana1
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.18 #5 · p.18 #5 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


JadedWriter wrote:
I already play my Sony Playstation 5 on my Sony Bravia and I import my images into my computers with Sony card readers. I give Sony money. Just don't want to buy Sony camera's or lenses.




That is a reasonable thing. You shoot shoot the camera that best suits you needs and preferences. We are fortunate to be in a time when all the brands are offering fantastic products at reasonable prices.

Nikon now has three cameras that are amazing and doing well in the market. Notably the Zf is enjoying huge market success. I expect with the release of the Z6III/Z7III cameras Nikon will have a fully competitive line of cameras again. I expect to see market share increase because of this. Look how impressive Nikon's performance has been in recent Months in the Japanese market. Very impressive in my view.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/japanese-stores-report-those-were-the-best-selling-camera-in-february/





Apr 02, 2024 at 10:40 AM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #6 · p.18 #6 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


Yup. Anybody still running around spouting "Nikon is dead" is an out of touch idiot not worth listening to. I always stand by the thought process of "I don't care if my brand isn't #1 as long as they're profitable enough to keep making stuff I want to shoot."
1bwana1 wrote:
That is a reasonable thing. You shoot shoot the camera that best suits you needs and preferences. We are fortunate to be in a time when all the brands are offering fantastic products at reasonable prices.

Nikon now has three cameras that are amazing and doing well in the market. Notably the Zf is enjoying huge market success. I expect with the release of the Z6III/Z7III cameras Nikon will have a fully competitive line of cameras again. I expect to see market share increase because of this. Look how impressive Nikon's performance has been in recent Months in the Japanese market.
...Show more




Apr 02, 2024 at 10:51 AM
nhmorgan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.18 #7 · p.18 #7 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


I'm on the fence with the Z6iii. It seems to be taking a lifetime to materialize. I've taken on a lot of new work lately and need a second body to go with my Z8, but I'm on the fence about waiting to see what the z6iii brings VS just picking up a second used Z8. I'm currently using a Z6ii as a backup, but I almost never use it because it really does feel like a huge step backwards when I switch to it. A used Z8 isn't going to be too much more than a new Z6iii if it comes in at $2500. I'm having a hard time imagining a Z6iii that offers something that the Z8 can't already do and doubt that the Z6iii is going to offer all the features of a Z8. I know people debate the usefulness of 24mp sensors, but I do know that a bump to 33-36mp would make a big difference in the decision for me. I do have to crop frequently. A 24mp can survive that crop, but isn't ideal. A smaller Z6iii would have its advantages too, though, but it looks like the camera might be bigger than the existing Z6 series.


Apr 02, 2024 at 05:25 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

bernardl
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #8 · p.18 #8 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


So far Nikon has done a very good job at delivering additional values with their lower end bodies so as to attract existing owners.

- The Z8 as a perfect back up to the Z9
- The Zf thanks to its look and superior manual focus abilities

It wouldn't surprise me if the Z6III delivered something that will make it appealing to Z8 owners.

My guess is that it's going to be announced in April with the 35mm f1.2 S. If I am correct we'll know very soon.

Cheers,
Bernard



Apr 02, 2024 at 06:58 PM
DWOfPaul
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #9 · p.18 #9 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


nhmorgan wrote:
I'm on the fence with the Z6iii. It seems to be taking a lifetime to materialize. I've taken on a lot of new work lately and need a second body to go with my Z8, but I'm on the fence about waiting to see what the z6iii brings VS just picking up a second used Z8. I'm currently using a Z6ii as a backup, but I almost never use it because it really does feel like a huge step backwards when I switch to it. A used Z8 isn't going to be too much more than a new Z6iii if
...Show more

I am in a similar situation. Currently my Z8 is my only Z body, and I would like a second Z camera to go with it. I really can't see going down to 24mp for my needs, so I am much more interested in a Z7ii replacement.

Now a Z7iii I am sure will be at least 3k, which puts it very close to a used Z8. So far I have never bought two of the same camera bodies, as I rather take advantage of the different capabilities two diffrent bodies usually bring to the table. But the Z8 is the best all around camera I have ever used for my needs, so maybe having two of the same camera is the move to make.

I am probably going to still wait a bit to see if Nikon announces the Z7iii with the Z6iii. If the Z7iii is either a mini Z8 or has a higher than 45mp resolution, I will probably go Z7iii.

Granted you can buy a used Z8 today and most likely it will be a few months before you can get your hands on a Z6iii or Z7iii event if Nikon announced them next week.



Apr 02, 2024 at 07:15 PM
1bwana1
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.18 #10 · p.18 #10 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


nhmorgan wrote:
I'm on the fence with the Z6iii. It seems to be taking a lifetime to materialize. I've taken on a lot of new work lately and need a second body to go with my Z8, but I'm on the fence about waiting to see what the z6iii brings VS just picking up a second used Z8. I'm currently using a Z6ii as a backup, but I almost never use it because it really does feel like a huge step backwards when I switch to it. A used Z8 isn't going to be too much more than a new Z6iii if
...Show more

From what you have said it sounds like a second Z8 is the ideal for you. It may just be FOMO holding you back. But the Z6III will be lower resolution, and will most likely not be a stacked sensor. So it is unlikely to outperform the Z8 except possibly lower noise in low light.



Apr 02, 2024 at 07:55 PM
GroovyGeek
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #11 · p.18 #11 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


1bwana1 wrote:
Sony Semiconductor and Sony Imaging are different business units of the same company. They are both reported on the same balance sheet.

Historically Sony used some Nikon steppers in manufacturing. It still does. But like the rest of the industry it primarily uses ASML steppers these days.


Aah the Nikon vs ASML saga... the biggest missed investment opportunity of my life. In the early 2000s I worked in the leading edge fabs of one of the largest semi companies... and I watched with my own eyes bay after bay of Nikon steppers be relentlessly replaced by ASML steppers... and I never bought a single share of ASML till 2019. Since then I have added meaningfully on every significant dip - because there is no more bullet proof monopoly for the next 10 years than that. It has done well by me, but it still hurts to think that my entry point could have been in the teens with very, very little risk.

I doubt that Sony Semiconductor uses Nikon steppers in the the Z8/Z9 sensors, except perhaps older gen fully depreciated ones for the upper metal layers. At the critical layers current FF sensors use 65nm or better technology, and Nikon got displaced from fabs capable of running 65nm at about the 90nm node. Sure, they still sell ArF immersion scanners, but I can't think of a single large volume customer that relies on them for critical work.



Apr 02, 2024 at 08:10 PM
robfilms
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #12 · p.18 #12 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


this thread is 18 pages long...

...what's this about some Z6III rumors?

thumbs up.

rob



Apr 02, 2024 at 08:24 PM
ustjwenew
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #13 · p.18 #13 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


I also missed the boat with ASML. In the early 90ís I worked there for a few years. It was a company of only a few hundred people at that time. If I had stayed I could probably retire now and spend more time on photography.


Apr 04, 2024 at 07:13 AM
Max Power
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.18 #14 · p.18 #14 · Finally, Z6 III rumors


unchecked wrote:
Yep. It's the same as saying iPhone users are also shooting TSMC, Samsung or Sony depending on which parts they use. If anything, that's also an insult to Samsung and Sony because in blind tests, Samsung and Sony phones do often churn out better images than the iPhone.


Kind of ironic they are comparing images in blind tests.



Apr 04, 2024 at 09:45 AM
1       2       3              17      
18
       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              17      
18
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.