Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Small Town, USA

  
 
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Small Town, USA


Stoughton, Wisconsin, is a small town where the guys in high school or recently out drive their pick-ups from one end of Main Street to the other, showing off their loud pipes and leaving dark patches of rubber on the street when they pull out of the Kwik Trip stations at each end of town. It's also where there's a beautifully renovated theater (the tall building with the clock) where some of the best Americana music in the country can be heard on weekends. My wife and I were there Saturday night to hear Susan Werner and when we came out I had to shoot a few shots of the downtown which is decked out for the holidays.
Cheers,
Brent





Susan Werner

  LEICA M10 MONOCHROM    Summilux-M 1:1.4/50 ASPH. lens    50mm    f/1.4    1/250s    6400 ISO    -3.0 EV  







Main Street, Stoughton

  LEICA M10-R    Summilux-M 1:1.4/50 ASPH. lens    50mm    f/4.8    1s    400 ISO    -0.7 EV  




Dec 04, 2023 at 10:04 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Small Town, USA


Small Town USA Brent!
That was me in Iowa and in rural Mary-land. No better place, IMHO, to grow up!

Friday and Saturday nights at the Hot Shoppes Drive Inn in Maryland and the girls on roller skates..a hot fudge cake or Orange Freeze...guys cruizin the "strip"..yeah buddy! !!

Great compositions here Brent!
Thanks for the great memories!!!
Dan



Dec 05, 2023 at 10:15 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Small Town, USA


Great shots and interesting story...hope they continue protect their small town setting.

Bob




Dec 05, 2023 at 11:09 AM
George Owens
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Small Town, USA


I really like the image of this small town at night. Great story as well!



Dec 05, 2023 at 07:42 PM
Lightsearcher
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Small Town, USA


Beautiful shots Brent but the first one is outstanding, so clear ands crisp.

It is the first time I hear about Susan Werner, she is in iTunes and I found some lovely songs.

Thank you for sharing.

Marcelo



Dec 05, 2023 at 09:59 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Small Town, USA





Dec 05, 2023 at 10:42 PM
bmike-vt
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Small Town, USA


I like that first one Brent.


Dec 06, 2023 at 05:54 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

bnfotografie
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Small Town, USA


Danpbphoto wrote:
Small Town USA Brent!
That was me in Iowa and in rural Mary-land. No better place, IMHO, to grow up!

Friday and Saturday nights at the Hot Shoppes Drive Inn in Maryland and the girls on roller skates..a hot fudge cake or Orange Freeze...guys cruizin the "strip"..yeah buddy! !!

Great compositions here Brent!
Thanks for the great memories!!!
Dan


Thanks, Dan. That was also my high school experience. The capper was the day when "Grubby" Miller turned onto Main Street in his Dodge Charger and decided to show off for a group of us who were standing on the corner. He punched the accelerator as he cornered, fish-tailed onto Main Street, lost control and slammed straight into Dick's Pizzeria. Fortunately nobody was hurt, other than Grubby's ego.
Cheers,
Brent

---------------------------------------------

Bob Jarman wrote:
Great shots and interesting story...hope they continue protect their small town setting.

Bob



Thanks much, Bob. Not much chance of this little town changing in the near future. Nearby Madison is absorbing all the growth, much to my dismay.
Cheers,
Brent

---------------------------------------------

George Owens wrote:
I really like the image of this small town at night. Great story as well!


Thanks, George. I appreciate your comments.
Cheers,
Brent

---------------------------------------------

Lightsearcher wrote:
Beautiful shots Brent but the first one is outstanding, so clear ands crisp.

It is the first time I hear about Susan Werner, she is in iTunes and I found some lovely songs.

Thank you for sharing.

Marcelo


Thank you, Marcelo. My goal as a photographer is to someday do night shots as crisp and clear as yours.
Cheers,
Brent

---------------------------------------------

RustyBug wrote:


Thanks Kent. Back at you.
Cheers,
Brent

---------------------------------------------

bmike-vt wrote:
I like that first one Brent.


Thanks, Mike. Her music was terrific.
Cheers,
Brent



Edited on Dec 06, 2023 at 11:53 AM · View previous versions



Dec 06, 2023 at 10:19 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Small Town, USA


bnfotografie wrote:
Thanks, Dan. That was also my high school experience. The capper was the day when "Grubby" Smith turned onto Main Street in his Dodge Charger and decided to show off for a group of us who were standing on the corner. He punched the accelerator as he cornered, fish-tailed onto Main Street, lost control and slammed straight into Dick's Pizzeria. Fortunately nobody was hurt, other than Grubby's ego.
Cheers,
Brent

---------------------------------------------



Yeah had a similiar experience when I took my drag racer off the track onto the street. 2 speeding tickets in a week! I had to drive 20 miles to my high school so the judge let me drive to school and that was all for a month. Plus the "Signal 9" driving school!
Oh to be young and dumb again!

Dan



Edited on Dec 06, 2023 at 01:20 PM · View previous versions



Dec 06, 2023 at 10:46 AM
probishaw
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Small Town, USA


#1 is exceptionally striking. Brent. Classic!


Dec 06, 2023 at 11:11 AM
photonoclast
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Small Town, USA


Great shots and processing. The look has me half expecting Jimmy Stewart to walk on stage or across the street...


Dec 06, 2023 at 11:30 AM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Small Town, USA




Danpbphoto wrote:
Yeah had a similiar experience when I took my drag racer off the track onto the street. 2 speeding tickets in a week! I had to drive 20 miles to my high school so the judge let me drive to school and that was all for a month. Plust the "Signal 9" driving school!
Oh to be young and dumb again!

Dan



I did a few crazy things behind the wheel, myself. When I think back, I feel lucky to have survived.
Cheers,
Brent



Dec 06, 2023 at 11:55 AM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Small Town, USA




probishaw wrote:
#1 is exceptionally striking. Brent. Classic!


Thanks much, Paul.
Cheers,
Brent



Dec 06, 2023 at 11:56 AM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Small Town, USA



photonoclast wrote:
Great shots and processing. The look has me half expecting Jimmy Stewart to walk on stage or across the street...


Thanks. It really is that kind of town and there's even a river, although it's on the outskirts--not right in town. Jimmy would have a long walk.
Cheers,
Brent



Dec 06, 2023 at 11:59 AM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.