Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Leucistic trio

  
 
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leucistic trio


In the first shot, I believe it is two black siblings to the left of the white raven, and a parent about to feed it a bug to the right.

White ravens do not tend to live very long. As they get older even their own family will shun them due to their different color, and other ravens will even attack them. I am not sure if this color discrimination is the same with other leucistic or albino species.

Such white birds are more easily spotted and killed by predators.

Not sure if it is just the white balance, but at times the raven appears to have a slight buff or ivory color rather than pure white.





1







2







3







4







5







6







7







8







9




Dec 04, 2023 at 11:12 AM
Lil Judd
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leucistic trio


Lovely set Tony,

# 6 is my favorite

Lil



Dec 04, 2023 at 12:33 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leucistic trio


Lil Judd wrote:
Lovely set Tony,

# 6 is my favorite

Lil


Thanks Lil,
Tony



Dec 04, 2023 at 07:50 PM
louie champan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leucistic trio


Terrific set Tony, really enjoy looking at these different leucistic birds.


Dec 04, 2023 at 08:51 PM
csinseattle
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leucistic trio


Tony,

Those are a amazing find, were those caught near you, thanks for sharing, great set

Chris S.




Dec 04, 2023 at 09:27 PM
Erictator
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leucistic trio


2 and 8 for me Tony, I like the light coming through the wings.
Eric



Dec 05, 2023 at 07:28 AM
Blurryface
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leucistic trio


3,6 & 7. I created an account just to reply to this thread. Although, I have been visiting the FM site for many years. Piebald's are considered a genetic mutation which is rare to see. I haven't seen white deer for over 20 years. Last Fall I photographed 5 piebald deer (4 fawns and one buck) and one albino doe. None of them were where I saw them 20+ years ago. They were all scattered in a about a 15-20 minute radius from each other. More and more people are reporting seeing piebalds around our area. A woman also reported seeing a all white black bear in our state on a hiking forum. So I am curious why there are more genetic mutations now than in the past 20+ years. This thread shows three different types of birds taken by one photographer. I have read a report about radioactivity in antlers being caused by weather modification chemicals, chemicals used for radar and radio signals and from fracking waste that is spread on farm fields. Fracking is sealed, unsealed and Norm radioactive. The plants take in the chemicals and the deer eat the plants. Very nice photographs.


Dec 05, 2023 at 12:03 PM
surgemaster
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Leucistic trio


You nailed the GBH liftoff, Tony. Amazing leucism images. I've seen many of these birds, but never as good looking as your GBH and robin.
Rex



Dec 05, 2023 at 12:16 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Leucistic trio


louie champan wrote:
Terrific set Tony, really enjoy looking at these different leucistic birds.


Thanks Louie.



Dec 11, 2023 at 09:02 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Leucistic trio


csinseattle wrote:
Tony,

Those are a amazing find, were those caught near you, thanks for sharing, great set

Chris S.



Thanks Chris. Heron and raven were in nearby towns and robin was a 15-minute walk away.

Tony



Dec 11, 2023 at 09:06 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

johnohio
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Leucistic trio


All wonderful Tony. I think # 6 is my favorite.

John



Dec 11, 2023 at 09:09 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Leucistic trio


Blurryface wrote:
3,6 & 7. I created an account just to reply to this thread. Although, I have been visiting the FM site for many years. Piebald's are considered a genetic mutation which is rare to see. I haven't seen white deer for over 20 years. Last Fall I photographed 5 piebald deer (4 fawns and one buck) and one albino doe. None of them were where I saw them 20+ years ago. They were all scattered in a about a 15-20 minute radius from each other. More and more people are reporting seeing piebalds around our area. A woman also reported
...Show more

Thanks. Since this forum is not the appropriate forum for such discussions, I will not engage in what are facts or speculations about the causes and frequency of leucism. I just photograph such unusual subjects to share with those that may never see them.



Dec 11, 2023 at 10:12 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Leucistic trio


surgemaster wrote:
You nailed the GBH liftoff, Tony. Amazing leucism images. I've seen many of these birds, but never as good looking as your GBH and robin.
Rex


Thanks Rex. Both the weather and GBH were very co-operative. I had to follow the robin around a lot and shoot at distances and through branches.

Tony



Dec 11, 2023 at 10:14 PM
Jim Dockery
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Leucistic trio


Another great set. Never seen one up close myself, much less captured a good image like these.


Dec 12, 2023 at 07:13 AM
bigblue181
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Leucistic trio


Beautiful!


Feb 01, 2024 at 07:33 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Leucistic trio


Jim Dockery wrote:
Another great set. Never seen one up close myself, much less captured a good image like these.


---------------------------------------------

bigblue181 wrote:
Beautiful!


Thanks,

Tony



Feb 07, 2024 at 02:28 PM
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Leucistic trio


Amazing stuff Tony. The heron shots are beautiful.
Gary



Feb 08, 2024 at 07:50 AM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Leucistic trio


Amazing shots Tony, like the others above the heron shot is really great. I have only come across a leucistic Robin and Wilsonís warbler so it was really interesting to see a bird the size of the heron.

Dave



Feb 08, 2024 at 08:01 AM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Leucistic trio


sum1sgrampa wrote:
Amazing stuff Tony. The heron shots are beautiful.
Gary


Thanks Gary.



Feb 12, 2024 at 10:40 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Leucistic trio


Dave_E wrote:
Amazing shots Tony, like the others above the heron shot is really great. I have only come across a leucistic Robin and Wilsonís warbler so it was really interesting to see a bird the size of the heron.

Dave


Thanks Dave. Itís always interesting to see a species with different colouration.

Tony



Feb 12, 2024 at 10:43 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.