New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

The Limo Was Not For Him

bnfotografie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Limo Was Not For Him

I've posted this before so apologies to those who have already seen it. When I look at it, I'm reminded of how good my life is. I hope it has the same effect on you.
Thirteen years ago I was walking downtown on a cold winter morning much like today. I saw this homeless person who I'd seen previously and knew he'd spent the night on one of the concrete benches. This was "his" spot. He'd already had his morning meal, which consisted of a candy bar and cup of coffee. Just as I was getting close to him, a limo pulled up and a well dressed man got out of the back seat and dashed into the Starbucks directly behind me. The disparity in their situations really hit me, particularly since the State Capitol was right across the street--the building where decisions are made that impact the lives of people like this homeless person. Maybe we'll find a solution someday, but we're a long way from it today.

Disparity

Dec 01, 2023 at 12:16 PM
Jim Dockery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Limo Was Not For Him

Great shot and story. Agree on the lucky life most of us on the forum enjoy compared to the homeless. After a lot of $, ideas, and discussion no solution in sight up here in WA.

Dec 01, 2023 at 01:54 PM
tntcorp1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Limo Was Not For Him

@bnfotografie:

and i'm sure the well-dressed man didn't hesitate at all as he rushed past the homeless person.

life is more rewarding when you can pass forward your life's blessing to those less fortunate, even if just a little bit.

thx for sharing!

Dec 01, 2023 at 02:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DougVaughn
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Limo Was Not For Him

Thanks for posting Brent. I agree with all of your sentiments. Washington (and most state capitols) is completely dysfunctional, and there's an unwillingness to work together for the good of constituents.

I'm probably more blessed than I deserve (although I can't afford a limo). I sort of retired last year at 58 but keep agreeing to consulting gigs for companies I've worked with in the past. I just told my wife this morning that I need to really retire because I earned too much in 2023 and am having to sort out how not to give it all away in taxes. It's not a bad problem to have, but I'm starting to feel like having more time for fun and photography would be more valuable.

Dec 01, 2023 at 04:55 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Limo Was Not For Him

I remember the post but repetition is the Mother of Learning as a former teacher said....

I agree with your statement Brent. I fear that a solution is not in the political agenda. There is a solution, IMHO, or at least an avenue to a solution, but I am only a taxpayer, voter and a citizen with a voice not heard! That is in a minority at this moment!
Dan

Dec 03, 2023 at 10:26 AM
probishaw
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Limo Was Not For Him

A very profound statement via imagery.

Dec 06, 2023 at 01:18 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.