Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

chiron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

LBJ2 wrote:
"The Leica Watch ZM 1 Gold Limited Edition is a tribute to the rich..." 😜

And now "The rest of the story": "The Leica Watch ZM 1 Gold Limited Edition is a “tribute to the rich Leica heritage of pioneering craftsmanship,”

https://petapixel.com/2023/11/30/leica-watch-zm-1-gold-limited-edition-brings-luxury-to-your-wrist

P.S. Just getting in on the teasing. You know I love my Leica kit.

And you make great pictures using it!

Dec 01, 2023 at 10:41 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

Why can't they be both?

Nothing wrong with a bit of bling.

Gordon

Dec 01, 2023 at 10:44 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

chiron wrote:
And you make great pictures using it!

Much appreciated 🙏🏼

Dec 02, 2023 at 09:47 AM
RustyRus
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

I love these threads-

Leica gets so much shit- I also get shit when I walk into my local camera store with my Leica gear- They know me now so I get even more shit from them but they are always give me crap and ask if I actually use my Leica gear- HAHA

Then they tell me how much they would love XYZ from Leica-

Love this forum as well- Its by far been the most rewarding forum experience I have had -

Dec 02, 2023 at 11:39 AM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

RustyRus wrote:
I love these threads-

Leica gets so much shit- I also get shit when I walk into my local camera store with my Leica gear- They know me now so I get even more shit from them but they are always give me crap and ask if I actually use my Leica gear- HAHA

Then they tell me how much they would love XYZ from Leica-

Love this forum as well- Its by far been the most rewarding forum experience I have had -

I have to agree with you Rusty. The Leica Forums here on FM are fantastic. Generally very welcoming and tolerant of different views, and criticisms. I think this comes from their confidence and enthusiasm for the Leica system. No insecure brand war issues here. Full of happy, knowledgeable, and supportive, people that provide a good vibe. A valuable plus to the Leica experience for me.

Dec 02, 2023 at 12:35 PM
madNbad
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

There wouldn't be any Leica jewelry if it hadn't been for this little darling:

Dec 02, 2023 at 01:37 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

madNbad wrote:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53371065443_7e839fe386_b.jpg

A red dot M4-2 AND an MP style film advance lever?

Was that some sort of special edition model?

p.s. keep it away from Sherry Krauter. She claims it is not a real Leica. And also because parts may go missing.

Dec 02, 2023 at 02:40 PM
madNbad
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

Desmolicious wrote:
A red dot M4-2 AND an MP style film advance lever?

Was that some sort of special edition model?

p.s. keep it away from Sherry Krauter. She claims it is not a real Leica. And also because parts may go missing.

Apparently it had been to another well known tech that left a few parts out, too.

Dec 02, 2023 at 02:53 PM
CrazyLeicaFox

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

madNbad wrote:

Do you mean the Voigtlander Nokton or the B+W filter?

Dec 02, 2023 at 06:53 PM
madNbad
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

CrazyLeicaFox wrote:
Do you mean the Voigtlander Nokton or the B+W filter?

A trip to the hardware store, a roll of metallic tape and a make your own special edition “steel rim” 35 1.4!

Dec 02, 2023 at 08:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

madNbad wrote:
Apparently it had been to another well known tech that left a few parts out, too.

To be fair… what I heard was that it was CLA’d by whoever, then by a tech we have heard about, then DAG fixed the leftovers. So who knows if the first CLA resulted in the missing parts (non crucial stuff like the second shutter curtain), or the second..

Dec 02, 2023 at 09:13 PM
madNbad
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

Desmolicious wrote:
To be fair… what I heard was that it was CLA’d by whoever, then by a tech we have heard about, then DAG fixed the leftovers. So who knows if the first CLA resulted in the missing parts (non crucial stuff like the second shutter curtain), or the second..

I haven’t touched the M4 since this one came back from Don. The “secondary set” of the 28 Color Skopar, 35 Nokton and either the 50 Nokton or the Color Skopar are used far more than the lenses in the M4 bag. No problem with finder white out. Between the solid advance lever and the grip, it feels just right in my hand. It’s the best piece of jewelry I own.

Dec 02, 2023 at 09:29 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

madNbad wrote:
I haven’t touched the M4 since this one came back from Don. The “secondary set” of the 28 Color Skopar, 35 Nokton and either the 50 Nokton or the Color Skopar are used far more than the lenses in the M4 bag. No problem with finder white out. Between the solid advance lever and the grip, it feels just right in my hand. It’s the best piece of jewelry I own.

Remind me, which 28 Color Skopar do you have?

Dec 03, 2023 at 02:47 AM
madNbad
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

Desmolicious wrote:
Remind me, which 28 Color Skopar do you have?

The new 28 2.8 V2.

Dec 03, 2023 at 02:53 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

madNbad wrote:
The new 28 2.8 V2.

The normal one? Or the one that looks like the 40 2.8? CV makes so many version of all their lenses it seems!

Dec 03, 2023 at 02:56 AM
madNbad
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

Desmolicious wrote:
The normal one? Or the one that looks like the 40 2.8? CV makes so many version of all their lenses it seems!

The aluminum V2 with the short hood. I also have a 2.0 Ultron V2 with the brass body:

Dec 03, 2023 at 03:21 AM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

I think it is time we answer this question once and for all. So, I placed my leica M11, and a few lenses in a small pile of gemstones I had on my desk for identification and sorting.

You tell me, do they fit together?

Dec 03, 2023 at 01:31 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

1bwana1 wrote:
I think it is time we answer this question once and for all. So, I placed my leica M11, and a few lenses in a small pile of gemstones I had on my desk for identification and sorting.

Personally, I just keep it simple:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1577594743/leica-m-series-camera-pendant-with?gpla=1&gao=1&

Dec 03, 2023 at 02:59 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

LBJ2 wrote:

Personally, I just keep it simple:

https://i.etsystatic.com/24318054/r/il/baacfa/5393403567/il_1588xN.5393403567_1a82.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1577594743/leica-m-series-camera-pendant-with?gpla=1&gao=1&

“ships from California”

Another one of Steve’s business ventures!

$1250? That’s a whole lotta film or an M3-ish.

Dec 03, 2023 at 07:00 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Does this mean that Leicas really are jewelry rather than cameras?

1bwana1 wrote:

I had no idea Aladdin's cave was in La Jolla.

Dec 03, 2023 at 07:01 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.