FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              8      
       10              12       13       end

Black Friday deals

supermilch

Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · Black Friday deals

Maxxus46 wrote:
You can get far faster drives if you build one yourself using an nvme SSD and nvme to USB enclosure. Some of the enclosures have sophisticated drive controllers that effectively enhance USB read and write speeds.

Do you know of any enclosures that are rugged/waterproof? I had trouble finding any when I looked into this, and I think that tends to be the biggest difference between the "all in one" SSDs and the DIY versions. I'd rather have something slightly more compact that is also water and dustproof for something I'll bring traveling. If I was only going to use it around the house I'd probably go the DIY route

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:19 PM
hamsteve

p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · Black Friday deals

Watch out for the newegg Adobe plan $30 discount--

I've been on the $119/year plan for several years. I saw this 30 dollar discount off the $119 price at newegg and got it. Well, it doesn't extend my current plan. I was on the 20GB plan, this is the 1TB plan, so it started me on a new plan as of today (overlapping my existing plan). I never use the cloud storage so the increase is wasted on me. I strongly suspect Adobe will force me to re-up the 1TB plan in the future, and I bet the price will be higher than continuing the 20GB plan. I will try to contact Adobe and see what my situation really is.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:53 AM
Maxxus46
• • •
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · Black Friday deals

Not sure on a waterproof enclosure, but as far as looking for a rugged case , that becomes less important (vs. Standard disks) because nvme SSDs are lightweight, robust PCBs with no moving parts, therefore if dropped while in pretty much any case they will not fail. Getting one wet on the other hand carrys the same risk as any other electronic device. That said, I'll take a look around and see if anyone makes a rugged, waterproof case for an nvme SSD. If so, I'll update the post here. Good luck

Update- here is an example of IP67 rated M2 nvme SSD enclosure on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Rugged-Waterproof-Enclosure-EC-WPNE/dp/B0887R3BS4

Another option: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RVFQXQ6/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

supermilch wrote:
Do you know of any enclosures that are rugged/waterproof? I had trouble finding any when I looked into this, and I think that tends to be the biggest difference between the "all in one" SSDs and the DIY versions. I'd rather have something slightly more compact that is also water and dustproof for something I'll bring traveling. If I was only going to use it around the house I'd probably go the DIY route

Edited on Nov 24, 2023 at 01:26 AM · View previous versions

Nov 24, 2023 at 01:12 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · Black Friday deals

hamsteve wrote:

I've been on the $119/year plan for several years. I saw this 30 dollar discount off the $119 price at newegg and got it. Well, it doesn't extend my current plan. I was on the 20GB plan, this is the 1TB plan, so it started me on a new plan as of today (overlapping my existing plan). I never use the cloud storage so the increase is wasted on me. I strongly suspect Adobe will force me to re-up the 1TB plan in the future, and I bet the price will be
...Show more

This is *precisely* what I was thinking and reason I stopped before placing order.

Hope you get a good answer from Adobe

g

Nov 24, 2023 at 03:43 AM
kosin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · Black Friday deals

hamsteve wrote:

I've been on the $119/year plan for several years. I saw this 30 dollar discount off the $119 price at newegg and got it. Well, it doesn't extend my current plan. I was on the 20GB plan, this is the 1TB plan, so it started me on a new plan as of today (overlapping my existing plan). I never use the cloud storage so the increase is wasted on me. I strongly suspect Adobe will force me to re-up the 1TB plan in the future, and I bet the price will be
...Show more

Thanks for bringing this up. I will edit my original post.
One way around it for folks with 20GB is to wait until their current plan expires and then use this 1TB code. Since the time counts from the activation date not the purchase date. What you can do next year is simply wait until the 1TB plan expires and purchase 20GB plan again.
I usually purchase my Adobe subscription around the Black Friday time so this is why it didnít catch that as my plan was extended for another 12 months.

Nov 24, 2023 at 07:27 AM
stuuke
• • • •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · Black Friday deals

The Adorama coupon code for Godox I posted is dead and it looks like several of their items are priced higher now than before BF which is odd but pretty typical for Adorama.

Edited on Nov 24, 2023 at 10:58 AM · View previous versions

Nov 24, 2023 at 09:16 AM
KE_Photo
• •
p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · Black Friday deals

Here's a BIG deal - A1 for $3998. (after 20% BF discount) https://secondipity.com/sony-alpha-1-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-body-only-black/

They also have A7RIV for $1600 - and many other lenses, cameras, etc.

I've bought from them before and everything came brand new condition in the retail box.

I could probably buy and sell these for profit but would rather just share!

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:26 AM
Tonzah78
• •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · Black Friday deals

Oh my... Just ordered the 50/1.4GM as it was 200Ä cheaper than usual in one store (most had 150Ä discount) - in addition to the Sony's currently running 200Ä cashback. So total of 400Ä cheaper. It's pretty darn expensive over here in Finland otherwise (1799Ä). Gonna be pairing it up with my 24GM.

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:48 AM
liggy
• • •
p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · Black Friday deals

KE_Photo wrote:
Here's a BIG deal - A1 for $3998. (after 20% BF discount) https://secondipity.com/sony-alpha-1-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-body-only-black/

They also have A7RIV for $1600 - and many other lenses, cameras, etc.

I've bought from them before and everything came brand new condition in the retail box.

I could probably buy and sell these for profit but would rather just share!

You should have mentioned that they are selling refurbs.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:22 PM
hatch1921
• • • • •
p.9 #10 · p.9 #10 · Black Friday deals

Passing this on... if you are shopping on Amazon. It's a nice extension showing the price history of the the item you might be interested in. Not all Black Friday deals are amazing

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/keepa-amazon-price-tracke/neebplgakaahbhdphmkckjjcegoiijjo

keepa by hatch1921, on Flickr

Hatch

Nov 24, 2023 at 01:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ramesesthe2nd
• • •
p.9 #11 · p.9 #11 · Black Friday deals

Deals are all just meh, but that's been the way BF is for the past few years. I ended up buying a peak design mobile tripod to use with my iPhone, but even after their BF discount it was $70 with tax. It's incredible how expensive everything is now.

Nov 24, 2023 at 04:43 PM
hamsteve

p.9 #12 · p.9 #12 · Black Friday deals

The Adobe 20GB/1TB issue has worked out. I spent about an hour with two different people doing customer support chat on the Adobe web site. They wouldn't add the 1 additional year to my old plan, but say they will give me a refund for the remainder of the time left on my 20GB plan. And though they won't covert the 1TB plan to 20GB now, they say I can switch back to the 20GB plan next year.

And in other news, I just ordered a refurb R7 with 18-150 lens from Canon, and gov the loyalty 10% discount on both the body and lens. I really only wanted to get the body-only, but it was not in stock that way. (though it come back available two hours later!). Anyway, I think I will enjoy the R7.

Nov 24, 2023 at 04:59 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.9 #13 · p.9 #13 · Black Friday deals

hamsteve wrote:
The Adobe 20GB/1TB issue has worked out. I spent about an hour with two different people doing customer support chat on the Adobe web site. They wouldn't add the 1 additional year to my old plan, but say they will give me a refund for the remainder of the time left on my 20GB plan. And though they won't covert the 1TB plan to 20GB now, they say I can switch back to the 20GB plan next year.

And in other news, I just ordered a refurb R7 with 18-150 lens from Canon, and gov the loyalty 10% discount on
...Show more

Wow, sorry you had to waste your time with Adobe to get some resolution, but I am glad it (sort of) worked out. Glad I hesitated before hitting the "place order" button.

Don't forget about Greentoe (I did for many years). Scored a a7iv for $450 below the recently reduced price (factoring in no tax and the $50 Sony rebate).

g

Nov 24, 2023 at 05:36 PM
Asael
• •
p.9 #14 · p.9 #14 · Black Friday deals

Similar problem/resolution with Adobe. The "deal" is really not worth the long time you will need to spend on the phone with Adobe....

Nov 24, 2023 at 06:15 PM
swldstn
• • • •
p.9 #15 · p.9 #15 · Black Friday deals

swldstn wrote:
I have Capture One Pro 2023 Perpetual w/ 16.2.5 installed and it let me know Capture One 16.3.1 was available for download but when I opened it it asked me for a new authorization code an presented me with the subscription price of $7.49/ month payed annually or perpetual for $149/year both prices until Nov 27th. I wonder if the $89.88 price for the subscription is better? These are their BF deals. What do others think?

Follow up: I guess if you need support for a A7CR or A7CII only get a subscription since the version 16.3.1 available now for perpetual
...Show more

Ended up taking advantage of the $7.49/month Capture One Pro subscription plan that in total was $89.60 without tax. That way I will get support for my A7CR/A7CII when its available. Can still extend my perpetual license in the future but right now that is $149 and I don't yet understand how I would get an update in a month or two when those cameras are supported. Will let you know how it works out.

Nov 24, 2023 at 06:20 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.9 #16 · p.9 #16 · Black Friday deals

If you use your Payboo card at B&H the Canon EOS R5 deal of $2999 gets discounts by another $228
bring the cost to $2849 with tax included.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/l/payboo-holiday-promo?ci=55477&Ns=p_POPULARITY_DW&srtclk=sort&pn=1&fct=fct_brand_name%7ccanon%2bfct_brand_name%7ccanon&ipp=52&cacheable=Y&cff=1

Nov 25, 2023 at 08:01 PM
ArizonaImage
• • •
p.9 #17 · p.9 #17 · Black Friday deals

Angelbird 1TB card is $199! from $299.99 - I've had the 512GB before and really liked it. Fast, cool, and reliable.

https://amzn.to/3uvsKJ5

Lexar 128GB and 256GB cards
https://amzn.to/3SSL6xH

Nov 25, 2023 at 09:08 PM
tsdevine
• • • • •
p.9 #18 · p.9 #18 · Black Friday deals

Type B, given this thread might be spanning forums.

ArizonaImage wrote:
Angelbird 1TB card is $199! from $299.99 - I've had the 512GB before and really liked it. Fast, cool, and reliable.

https://amzn.to/3uvsKJ5

Lexar 128GB and 256GB cards
https://amzn.to/3SSL6xH

Nov 25, 2023 at 09:39 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.9 #19 · p.9 #19 · Black Friday deals

ramesesthe2nd wrote:
The price difference between 4TB T7 and T9 is just $50, but SSD prices are falling fast. I paid $190 for a 4TB T7 last month and it is already sitting at $180 now. There is a good chance that by the time you get a computer with 2000 MB/s USB ports, a 4TB T9 will be way under $100.

Where'd you find a 4TB T7 for $180? The Crucial X9 Pro is at that price but I've not seen a T7 for less than $199 this weekend.

Consensus seems to be that SSD prices will bottom out this quarter so this might be as low as they go for a while. Chip makers have been cutting production recently due to the slump in demand and I've been reading that the resulting chip shortages are finally starting to impact the supply chain. Who knows where we'll be in a year or two though. SSD prices have more or less halved in the last 12-18 months.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:14 PM
ramesesthe2nd
• • •
p.9 #20 · p.9 #20 · Black Friday deals

wordfool wrote:
Where'd you find a 4TB T7 for $180? The Crucial X9 Pro is at that price but I've not seen a T7 for less than $199 this weekend.

Consensus seems to be that SSD prices will bottom out this quarter so this might be as low as they go for a while. Chip makers have been cutting production recently due to the slump in demand and I've been reading that the resulting chip shortages are finally starting to impact the supply chain. Who knows where we'll be in a year or two though. SSD prices have more or less halved
...Show more

Directly from Samsung on employee discount program and I think also on the student Program.

T9 is $225 and T7 is $179. T9 is already sold out.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:09 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.