1       2       3      
       5              12       13       end

Black Friday deals

stuuke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Black Friday deals

Jbantillo wrote:
Can we start a Black Friday deals topic?

I’ll start, Pergear CF-A on Amazon is 20% instead of the regular 10% off.

They dropped the coupon and just lowered the price on some of them now.

80GB $79
260GB $160
520GB $287
1TB $415

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:53 PM
kosin
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Black Friday deals

They did indeed - https://amzn.to/47EfaBl

I wonder how long it will last. Some deals on Amazon are 1 day deals only.
stuuke wrote:
They dropped the coupon and just lowered the price on some of them now.

80GB $79
260GB $160
520GB $287
1TB $415

Nov 20, 2023 at 01:18 PM
kosin
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Black Friday deals

It looks like ProGrade CFE-A card readers are also on sale. Not the lowest price I’ve seen though: https://amzn.to/3MO6Bfa

Nov 20, 2023 at 01:23 PM
wordfool
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Black Friday deals

tonychen wrote:
I would wait a bit for further reduction at 135/1.8

Yes, I bought mine a few months back for less than the BF sale price but TBH we've no idea when prices will drop again so if I were in the market for one today I'd go for the current sale price.

Nov 20, 2023 at 02:10 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Black Friday deals

wordfool wrote:
Yes, I bought mine a few months back for less than the BF sale price but TBH we've no idea when prices will drop again so if I were in the market for one today I'd go for the current sale price.

How do you like the lens? I am thinking about buying one as well.

Nov 20, 2023 at 02:19 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Black Friday deals

fsiagian wrote:
How do you like the lens? I am thinking about buying one as well.

TBH I haven't used it much -- the project I bought it for originally fell through. Seems pretty solid and is decently (not perfectly) centered. For the price (less than a third the price of the Sony 135/1.8) I can't really complain and I won't be using it for sports or similar so it doesn't matter if it doesn't have the superfast AF of the Sony..

Nov 20, 2023 at 03:10 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Black Friday deals

IndyFab wrote:
Recently received a promo for $79 for PureRaw 3.7 plus a 30 day free trial to try

Its now $65 for PureRaw 3.7 plus

Nov 20, 2023 at 03:31 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Black Friday deals

Great starter camera. Pair it with the 50mm for $1345

Panasonic Lumix S5 $998. - $800 off

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1581612-REG/panasonic_lumix_dc_s5_mirrorless_digital.html

Nov 20, 2023 at 06:45 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Black Friday deals

DXO is now up to 50% off.

Nov 20, 2023 at 06:46 PM
j4nu
• • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Black Friday deals

Is there any point in buying DxO Pure Raw 3 instead of renewing DxO PhotoLab license (same price)?

Nov 20, 2023 at 07:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tsdevine
• • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Black Friday deals

ProMediaGear has 15% off for a Black Friday Sale

Nov 20, 2023 at 07:39 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Black Friday deals

j4nu wrote:
Is there any point in buying DxO Pure Raw 3 instead of renewing DxO PhotoLab license (same price)?

I am thinking about the Nik Collection. I am not familiar with the other products. My free Nik Collection does not seem to work with Apple M1.

Nov 20, 2023 at 08:56 PM
engel001
• •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Black Friday deals

bdbits wrote:
Capture One Pro 50% off sitewide, both subscriptions and perpetual licenses.

https://www.captureone.com/en/pricing/capture-one-pro

If I buy the perpetual license for Capture One Pro now (16.3.1 is current version of Capture One “23”), it does not yet include support for the A7CR. With the new license policy, am I correct that when this camera is (finally) supported in a version 16.3.2, I would gain that support. However, if the next update is an upgrade to 16.4 or higher, I would be out of luck and have to buy a new license within perhaps weeks of this Black Friday deal? I have been a loyal user of Capture One since 2006 but haven’t upgraded my Version 22 perpetual license yet.

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/14411496324893-How-do-I-know-which-version-I-am-eligible-for-

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:01 PM
MSantiago
• •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Black Friday deals

engel001 wrote:
If I buy the perpetual license for Capture One Pro now (16.3.1 is current version of Capture One “23”), it does not yet include support for the A7CR. With the new license policy, am I correct that when this camera is (finally) supported in a version 16.3.2, I would gain that support. However, if the next update is an upgrade to 16.4 or higher, I would be out of luck and have to buy a new license within perhaps weeks of this Black Friday deal? I have been a loyal user of Capture One since 2006 but haven’t upgraded my
...Show more

I'm considering an A7CR purchase in the near future and C1's lack of support is a dealbreaker for me if I go with a perpetual license.

I was originally a Lightroom user who moved to C1 because I didn't want to support Adobe's subscription model. Now that C1 is trying to force people onto their subscription service by making the perpetual version as unappealing as possible I might as well head back to Lightroom.

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:30 PM
Maxxus46
• • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Black Friday deals

I wouldn't call it a 50% off sale though, upgrade went from $109 to $89 for me

LBJ2 wrote:
DXO Black Friday up to 50% Off is here:

https://shop.dxo.com/en/

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:41 AM
pjheller
• • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Black Friday deals

Think Tank:

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/special-offers

Nov 21, 2023 at 02:40 AM
j4nu
• • • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Black Friday deals

Ok, I've found a review on Amazon. It looks like Pergear 1TB card drops to around 400-500 MB/s in sustained write:

Performance. The Lexar 160GB cards were over 600-700MB Read/Write in AJA Speed test. The Pergear 1TB was closer to 600 read and 450-500 write. Much lower that the advertised price, or as indicated on the label. However, given my camera has two CF-A slots, and my use case was to use the Pergear 1TB for video, the device was still fast enough for 600Mbps write speeds that I needed.

This leaves Angelbird as the best performing card while maintaining reasonable price I guess...

j4nu wrote:
Do you know how 1tb Pergear card performs in camera?
I'm thinking of finally buying into CFE-A but I'd like a card that can clear the buffer as fast as possible, or at least close to the fastest available card now .

Nov 21, 2023 at 05:37 AM
Juha Kannisto
• • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Black Friday deals

engel001 wrote:
If I buy the perpetual license for Capture One Pro now (16.3.1 is current version of Capture One “23”), it does not yet include support for the A7CR. With the new license policy, am I correct that when this camera is (finally) supported in a version 16.3.2, I would gain that support. However, if the next update is an upgrade to 16.4 or higher, I would be out of luck and have to buy a new license within perhaps weeks of this Black Friday deal? I have been a loyal user of Capture One since 2006 but haven’t upgraded my
...Show more

The SW is no longer called Capture One 23, now it is just called Capture One Pro (without the year as version number) starting from version 16.3.0.
https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000430178-Release-notes

It's correct that if you buy a new perpetual license now for Capture One Pro, you'd be able to get 16.3.x and once they release 16.4.0 the license will not be applicable for that or later versions. Within a year of purchasing a perpetual license it seems there is always a 40% discount for a new perpetual license.

It seems that C1 only got their hands on A7CII and A7CR this week and now they are working on adding the support for those at high priority. I don't know how much time they usually need for that once they have the cameras in hand but I suppose it would not be very long. Since 16.3.0 was released in late October, I think there should be more "bug-fix" releases under 16.3.x for around 2 more months from now if they stick to their recent way of working and I think they would make sure to include A7CII and A7CR support within 16.3.x since there have been a lot of complaints about delay with support for these cameras in their forum.

Anyway, the lack of information about when the support will come has been frustrating. I am currently changing the EXIF model of my A7CII Raw files to ILCE-7M4 (by exiftool) to make them editable in C1 Pro and changing it back afterwards, and also changing it in exported JPEGs. It's been working OK as a workaround. I'm hopeful that support would come in 16.3.2 within a couple of weeks...

Nov 21, 2023 at 07:12 AM
bluehawaii
• •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Black Friday deals

If I were buying into Capture One now it would be the 50% off years subscription which at least offers a full year of “support”. Had I paid to upgrade my C1 ‘22 to C1 ‘23 when the last round of 50% off deals came around it would have stopped updating in Sept. ’23. Pretty sure when you go perpetual now it never updates at all.

Looks like they are moving over to a subscription model but keeping the perpetual licence as something that gets bundled with new cameras. I can see the business sense in that but generally prefer Adobe as a primary editing software.

Nov 21, 2023 at 08:01 AM
Juha Kannisto
• • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Black Friday deals

bluehawaii wrote:
If I were buying into Capture One now it would be the 50% off years subscription which at least offers a full year of “support”. Had I paid to upgrade my C1 ‘22 to C1 ‘23 when the last round of 50% off deals came around it would have stopped updating in Sept. ’23. Pretty sure when you go perpetual now it never updates at all.

Looks like they are moving over to a subscription model but keeping the perpetual licence as something that gets bundled with new cameras. I can see the business sense in that but generally prefer
...Show more

I did buy the perpetual license for the new version (16.3) just prior to it's release as there was a 40% discount available to me with limited time that was advertised as being valid for the new version. My previous perpetual license was valid until end of 16.2.6 which came out at end of September.

After 16.3.0 there was already one update to 16.3.1 which was applicable for my license and I expect to get a few more 16.3.x versions until they move to next feature release 16.4.

Previous version 16.2.x already followed their current/new "perpetual license model" and it did get 7 different sub-versions (16.2.0 to 16.2.6) so I think 16.3.x should follow with similar level of support.

My plan going forward is to stick to 16.3.x until I buy another camera in the future which might be a couple of years later, provided that A7CII support comes in within 16.3.x window.

Nov 21, 2023 at 08:10 AM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.