Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Quick test shoot before media day

Creative Edge
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Quick test shoot before media day

This is a quick lighting test shoot before Media Day.
Note this shoot was done at 4 p.m. under full Florida sun. I underexposed the ambient light and then
used strobes to light the player.. Stadium lighting was added in post.

Nov 13, 2023 at 08:27 AM
carl_g
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Quick test shoot before media day

These are awesome. I really need to learn how to use Flash/strobes. I have no idea even where to begin. Do you have any good resources (videos or reading) on how I can learn and what equipment is required in order to get these types of results for outdoor sports portraiture?

Thanks,
Carl

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:27 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Quick test shoot before media day

carl_g wrote:
These are awesome. I really need to learn how to use Flash/strobes. I have no idea even where to begin. Do you have any good resources (videos or reading) on how I can learn and what equipment is required in order to get these types of results for outdoor sports portraiture?

Thanks,
Carl

to be honest, not much into youtube videos.. Carl I have been shooting with strobes for about 30 years pretty much have learned along the way..
The strobes I use are Flashpoint/Godox 600s and 1200Pro.. I own about 7 lights in total, and they are all able
to shoot high speed synch which is how I shot these. If you ever have any questions feel free to pm me..

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:33 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Quick test shoot before media day

Very good use of lighting technique. Love the results

Nov 14, 2023 at 02:27 PM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Quick test shoot before media day

schlotz wrote:
Very good use of lighting technique. Love the results

thanks Matt

Nov 15, 2023 at 08:14 AM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Quick test shoot before media day

Nice work Michael. I like the color, especially the rich sky. The stadium lights def help sell the nighttime look.

Nov 16, 2023 at 04:14 AM
soccerphotos

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Quick test shoot before media day

I really like the colors and the first photo i think is the best. One thing that i think hurts the photos - and perhaps it is just me - but is the none cleats/socks. Unless this is how he plays, it takes away from the photo i think not being in full uniform. but, again, that is probably more me than anything.

Nov 16, 2023 at 08:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rand17
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Quick test shoot before media day

soccerphotos wrote:
I really like the colors and the first photo i think is the best. One thing that i think hurts the photos - and perhaps it is just me - but is the none cleats/socks. Unless this is how he plays, it takes away from the photo i think not being in full uniform. but, again, that is probably more me than anything.

Agree... does look a little awkward... pic 2&3 would like to see the eyes a little more illuminated.. just sayin..

Nov 17, 2023 at 09:19 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Quick test shoot before media day

soccerphotos wrote:

I totally agree,b ut it was a last minute test shoot. Wanted to show the coach the type of shoot Iwas planning for media day. After they saw these I was hired.

Nov 19, 2023 at 04:29 PM
SCJohn

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Quick test shoot before media day

Lighting is nice, but I am bothered by no socks and no cleats. I assume that you will crop those out.

Dec 24, 2023 at 02:00 PM
aguilafan

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Quick test shoot before media day

Fantastic work, love the colors! Canít wait for baseball season to start up again up north.

Dec 24, 2023 at 02:21 PM
roboticspro
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Quick test shoot before media day

Creative Edge wrote:
I totally agree,b ut it was a last minute test shoot. Wanted to show the coach the type of shoot Iwas planning for media day. After they saw these I was hired.

Michael,

These are a great combination of style and stance, and congrats on getting the assignment...

Regards,

Edd

Dec 27, 2023 at 09:07 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Quick test shoot before media day

SCJohn wrote:
Lighting is nice, but I am bothered by no socks and no cleats. I assume that you will crop those out.

John, this was a test shoot. For the shoot on Media Day they will be in full uniform

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:24 AM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Quick test shoot before media day

roboticspro wrote:
Michael,

These are a great combination of style and stance, and congrats on getting the assignment...

Regards,

Edd

thank you Edd

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:25 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.