New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              22      
       24              27       28       end

Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Seabassius
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.23 #1 · p.23 #1 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Cross post from a thread I started on ttartisan opinions.

Playing with focus stack feature under the tree. Ultron 28mm II on techart. Some areas (house on the right) didn't get stack appropriately I think some blur and look like some movement as well because I didn't auto-align.

Dec 07, 2023 at 04:53 PM
Jepser
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #2 · p.23 #2 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Nippon Kogaku Nikkor 85/2.0 LTM on Zf

DSC_0679_85 by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

Dec 08, 2023 at 05:52 AM
Jepser
• •
p.23 #3 · p.23 #3 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

My Summicron is unfortunatly away on repair, but my 1946 Elmar 3cm F3.5 is realy nice on my crop sensor Zfc for portaits. This is just a quick test how the Elmar handles resolution and fullframe on the Zf. SOOC jpeg, tripod, dont remember if it was at F5.6 or F8. Nothing artistic, just a example of how good this lens was/is

DSC_0876 by Jesper Ericson, on Flickr

Dec 08, 2023 at 06:27 AM
ZdevilH1
• •
p.23 #4 · p.23 #4 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Here are a series of shots utilizing adaptive vintage glass on the ZF.
The ZF has given new life to these old lenses.

Nikon ZF Super Takumar 135mm f3.5

Nikon ZF Helios 44M-4 58mm f2

Nikon ZF Carl Zeiss Jenna Pancolar 50mm f1.8 Zebra non radioactive

Nikon ZF Voigtlander 50mm f1.5 II Nickel

Dec 09, 2023 at 05:52 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.23 #5 · p.23 #5 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

ZdevilH1 wrote:
Here are a series of shots utilizing adaptive vintage glass on the ZF.
The ZF has given new life to these old lenses.

Love the pics of your pups.

Dec 09, 2023 at 09:52 PM
ZdevilH1
• •
p.23 #6 · p.23 #6 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Desmolicious wrote:
Love the pics of your pups.

Thank you. They are so used to me and my camera to the point where I think they just pose for me now. 😁

Dec 09, 2023 at 10:17 PM
C.Rankin
• •
p.23 #7 · p.23 #7 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Nikon Zf CV 50mm f1

Morgan Golden Hour 1 Final (1 of 1) by Christopher Rankin, on Flickr

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:07 PM
jnguyen822

p.23 #8 · p.23 #8 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

For those with native Voigtlander Z lenses, is trap focus still an option? I can't seem to get it to work how it normally does with the 6bit TTArtisans M mount adapter.

Dec 12, 2023 at 01:33 AM
fjablo
• • •
p.23 #9 · p.23 #9 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

jnguyen822 wrote:
For those with native Voigtlander Z lenses, is trap focus still an option? I can't seem to get it to work how it normally does with the 6bit TTArtisans M mount adapter.

Nope doesnít work. With native MF lenses the camera is locked into MF mode, whereas it needs to be in AF mode with focus priority enabled for trap focus to work.

Dec 12, 2023 at 09:36 AM
jnguyen822

p.23 #10 · p.23 #10 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Thank you for confirming.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sonnar-7
• •
p.23 #11 · p.23 #11 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

I bought a thumbs up for the Nikon Zf, now itís a proper Leica.

Dec 13, 2023 at 07:40 AM
JustShootMe
• • •
p.23 #12 · p.23 #12 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Sonnar-7 wrote:
I bought a thumbs up for the Nikon Zf, now itís a proper Leica.

Does it touch the body at any point other than the hot shoe ? If not , I don't think I would use that , I would be worried about damaging the hot shoe.

Dec 13, 2023 at 09:02 AM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.23 #13 · p.23 #13 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

JustShootMe wrote:
Does it touch the body at any point other than the hot shoe ? If not , I don't think I would use that , I would be worried about damaging the hot shoe.

It does not touch the body other than the hot shoe, the thing is fairly light, I think if force was applied, it would bend before the hot shoe is damaged.
Itís a fair point though, I will try to be careful to have a better sense of the possibility of it damaging the shoe.
There were some similar things for the Zfc I believe, the risk was similar?

Dec 13, 2023 at 09:25 AM
JustShootMe
• • •
p.23 #14 · p.23 #14 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Sonnar-7 wrote:
It does not touch the body other than the hot shoe, the thing is fairly light, I think if force was applied, it would bend before the hot shoe is damaged.
Itís a fair point though, I will try to be careful to have a better sense of the possibility of it damaging the shoe.
There were some similar things for the Zfc I believe, the risk was similar?

I've used these on quite a few bodies over the years , but most typically have some other contact point. Guess there's really not much room on ZF for it. Maybe someone will figure something else out.

Dec 13, 2023 at 09:34 AM
Sonnar-7
• •
p.23 #15 · p.23 #15 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

JustShootMe wrote:
I've used these on quite a few bodies over the years , but most typically have some other contact point. Guess there's really not much room on ZF for it. Maybe someone will figure something else out.

Yeah, the thing is quite pleasant but now that youíve mentioned the issue, Iíll be careful, if used just to rest the thumb I believe itís ok, small lenses might help to lessen the risk if forgotten, it surely is not two pounds lens friendly.

Dec 13, 2023 at 09:44 AM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.23 #16 · p.23 #16 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

It sits very close to the critical EVF and has a lot of leverage if it snags at the thumb end. The potential for damage and its effect on resale or long term usage are very high.

Imagine using this device in fast action or tough travel work. I'd rather try to work with the camera as delivered. Or better, use a bespoke half case with good ergo support via grippy material, and a little extra thickness.

You want to see real class that won't interfere with functionality?
Stand out from the crowd, this one has a very nice vertical grip bar:

https://gariz.com.au/products/gariz-hg-zfcbr-brown-leather-camera-half-case-for-nikon-zfc

Dec 13, 2023 at 05:39 PM
OffTrail
• •
p.23 #17 · p.23 #17 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

So I just got the TTA M-Z 6-bit adapter and a CV 50 f/1.5 II MC. I noticed that the M-Z cap has a USB port and contacts, but don't see a lot of info on the site about updating. Just that the latest update supports the Z30.

Any reason to update the adapter if it seems to be working just fine?

Dec 15, 2023 at 05:00 PM
jnguyen822

p.23 #18 · p.23 #18 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

OffTrail wrote:
So I just got the TTA M-Z 6-bit adapter and a CV 50 f/1.5 II MC. I noticed that the M-Z cap has a USB port and contacts, but don't see a lot of info on the site about updating. Just that the latest update supports the Z30.

Any reason to update the adapter if it seems to be working just fine?

You do have to line up the dots for it to recognize the adapter. The download link to firmware (v1.0.1) includes instructions on a pdf tutorial:

https://ttartisan.com/?Firmware/M-Z-6Bit.html

Dec 17, 2023 at 07:34 PM
supatyke
• •
p.23 #19 · p.23 #19 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

For anyone that may be interested, the Zf works well with the Techart TGZ-01 and Contax G lenses. Focus speed seems better than with the Z7 and it works really well with subject tracking and eye AF. AF speed slows once you stop the lens down but it's pretty good to f/8 in decent light. It doesn't turn the Contax lenses into Z lenses but it's more than adequate, and fun.

Also the Zemlin Z8/Z9 eyecup works with the ZF.

Dec 17, 2023 at 09:04 PM
C.Rankin
• •
p.23 #20 · p.23 #20 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

Nikon Zf CV 50mm f1 Natural Light

Cowgirl 4 Final (1 of 1) by Christopher Rankin, on Flickr

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:12 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.