1       2              4       end

In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

RoamingScott
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

I didn’t suggest that!

Desmolicious wrote:
If anyone here buys an FTZ and 40, swaps the mounts, returns the FTZ - you Sir, are despicable.

Oct 09, 2023 at 12:02 PM
Max Power
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

Desmolicious wrote:
If Nikon can currently make the 50 1.8G with metal mount for $216, why does the $300 40mm Z get a plastic mount?

I wonder when they actually made those 50mm 1.8Gs.....not sure it's currently

Oct 09, 2023 at 12:08 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

Max Power wrote:
I wonder when they actually made those 50mm 1.8Gs.....not sure it's currently

They still make the D780 and D850. So...

Oct 09, 2023 at 12:48 PM
glassartist
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

RoamingScott wrote:
I didn’t suggest that!

I'm occasionally at odds with RoamingScott but seriously - he didn't say anything remotely like that.

Oct 09, 2023 at 01:02 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

The new Nikon ZF Mirrorless camera is now in stock at B&H Photo:

Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera ($1,996.95)

Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens

Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera with 40mm Lens

Oct 13, 2023 at 09:42 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

Picked up my zf today!

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:58 AM
highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

I had a deposit on the Zf + 40mm kit, but I just now ordered them separately since the kit's not in stock but the separate items are.

Edit: Zf and 40 arrive tomorrow

Oct 13, 2023 at 02:27 PM
nloth
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

Got mine today. Ergo is as bad as the reviews have suggested- grip pretty much a must. I thought I have high tolerance after having FE2, DF and some Fuji but I was wrong. Ordering one now.

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:16 PM
fjablo
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

For those who already got one: don’t bother taking pictures WITH it, we need pictures OF it! With Z lenses, Voigtlanders, adapted F & M mount lenses, compared to FM2s,… you know what you have to do!!

Oct 14, 2023 at 03:25 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

I’m giving myself some time without a grip. To be honest when I first picked it up I almost dropped it for lack of a grip. My hand has been trained for so many years using cameras with ergonomic grips that it didn’t know what to do. Even after playing with it for a short period my hand has gotten much more comfortable and my positioning better. Feels much less awkward already for me but it is a small camera and there isn’t much real estate available to grab.

nloth wrote:
Got mine today. Ergo is as bad as the reviews have suggested- grip pretty much a must. I thought I have high tolerance after having FE2, DF and some Fuji but I was wrong. Ordering one now.

Oct 14, 2023 at 06:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

Is it normal for the battery that comes with a new Nikon to be such a low charge as to not be able to power on the camera at all? Every other new camera I've owned could at least power the camera long enough to set up the menus, etc. before charging.

Edit: never mind, battery evidently is shipped without even enough charge to power the camera for a short time.

Edited on Oct 14, 2023 at 02:03 PM · View previous versions

Oct 14, 2023 at 01:14 PM
Jepser
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

I'll propably get mine on monday, at least it's in my country

I think the flip screen is great, on my Zfc I always have it turned in, using the EVF.

Voigtländer already has a growing bunch of lenses in Z mount which gives you quality and the right feeling.

Oct 14, 2023 at 01:44 PM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

I bit. Looking forward to playing with this camera. Just wanted something smaller than the Z9 and more modern than my Leica M240 for travel and personal usage. Now I've got to sell my Leica and buy it back again in 6 months when I realize I can't live without a Leica.

Oct 14, 2023 at 04:42 PM
Prosophos
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

Nathan Padgett wrote:
I bit. Looking forward to playing with this camera. Just wanted something smaller than the Z9 and more modern than my Leica M240 for travel and personal usage. Now I've got to sell my Leica and buy it back again in 6 months when I realize I can't live without a Leica.

This resonates with me. I sold my Leica gear last year after 15 years of having a rangefinder as my main camera, and bought a Z9. I haven't looked back.

It's nice to have a camera that just *works*.

—Peter.

Oct 14, 2023 at 04:56 PM
pdesopo

p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

I read several of the posts on this thread, and noticed the Fuji being mentioned more than a few times, as the real deal.

I'm a Fuji X-Pro 2 shooter, and what puzzles me is the comparison between Nikon lenses and Fuji lenses, with the Fuji ones apparently being the real retro lenses.

Now, putting the build quality aside, I wonder what Fuji lenses people are referring to.
I wanted to love my 23mm and 35mm WR lenses, but they both use focus-by-wire, as all other Fuji lenses to my knowledge.

So, how that is a real retro lens?

I had to resort to Leica-M Voigtlander to finally have a good manual experience on my X-Pro 2. I couldn't even fully employ the Fuji lenses due to the relatively slow AF on the X-Pro 2.

What makes the Fuji lenses more retro than another focus-by-wire system like Nikon's?

I'm genuinely asking as I'm considering the Zf as my next camera.

Oct 27, 2023 at 02:29 PM
fjablo
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

pdesopo wrote:
What makes the Fuji lenses more retro than another focus-by-wire system like Nikon's?

Mostly that they have aperture rings and that they’re generally more compact. Some older Fuji primes like the 14mm and 23mm 1.4 have a focus clutch with a proper MF ring with hard stop (still focus by wire though).

If you want to manual focus without focus by wire then you’re looking at third party lenses for both systems.

Also - as some have mentioned before - Fuji‘s implementation with A settings on each dial is better than Nikon‘s with the PSAM switch on the left. I don’t mind it too much, but I could see how it is annoying esp if you want to regularly turn Auto-ISO on and off.

I finally had a chance to play with a Zf myself and the look and feel is really good. But the lack of an AF joystick bothered me more than I thought it would.. a bit puzzling why they didn’t put one on there. Not a dealbreaker though

Oct 27, 2023 at 07:31 PM
pdesopo

p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

fjablo wrote:
Mostly that they have aperture rings and that they’re generally more compact. Some older Fuji primes like the 14mm and 23mm 1.4 have a focus clutch with a proper MF ring with hard stop (still focus by wire though).

If you want to manual focus without focus by wire then you’re looking at third party lenses for both systems.

Also - as some have mentioned before - Fuji‘s implementation with A settings on each dial is better than Nikon‘s with the PSAM switch on the left. I don’t mind it too much, but I could see how it is annoying
...Show more

Then, as I thought, there's zero difference.
Having the aperture ring doesn't do much if they use focus by wire like Fuji lenses do.
And you're right, for real manual focus one needs to look at third-party lenses, or simply, at old manual lenses.
Again, I don't know how real retro lenses can be associated with Fuji lenses.

Hm... I think some comments here were just harsher than what this camera deserved.
At the moment, the Zf looks like an excellent camera to me. In fact, the only camera that could replace my X-Pro 2.
But I'll simply wait to actually check the camera in-store before jumping to conclusions.

Oct 28, 2023 at 01:42 PM
BPsmith511
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

So, I have been playing with mine a fair amount and I'm loving the Exspeed 7, 3D tracking, and overall updates, the 24mp sensor is great. Buuut I'm still not sold on the ergonomics. I feel like if a Z6iii appears with Exspeed 7 and a 30mpx sensor, I might be tempted to swap. Who knows - You all may see my 40mm SE kit here on B/S shortly.

I do feel though that with a Z8 and the arrival of the 600mm PF, my kit is finally about done. The only question is will my second body be the Zf or the Z6iii? For the first time in a long time I'm finally feeling content with all of my gear.

Oct 28, 2023 at 03:01 PM
ilkka_nissila
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

The multi-controller moves the focus area around; the "joystick" performs basically a redundant function which is already available on the multi-controller on those cameras which have both.

The Zf allows sliding your finger on the touch screen to move the focus area around when you're using the viewfinder. (Also touch can control the focus area in LV as well, but it's absolute and not relative like it is when using the EVF). So there are at least two ways to do that on the Zf even without a sub-controller.

fjablo wrote:

Also - as some have mentioned before - Fuji‘s implementation with A settings on each dial is better than Nikon‘s with the PSAM switch on the left. I don’t mind it too much, but I could see how it is annoying
...Show more

Oct 28, 2023 at 03:24 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

Possible zf grip from rrs? 🤞

Oct 31, 2023 at 07:53 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.