6       7       end

Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Rand47
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

New firmware already released for the GFX 100 II

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/download/firmware/cameras/gfx100-ii/

Look like it addresses some potentially irritating behavior.

Rand

Sep 26, 2023 at 07:51 AM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

B&H shipment notification this morning around 10AM EST

Sep 26, 2023 at 07:56 AM
GradyBaby
• •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

BH Order in Progress

Sep 26, 2023 at 08:53 AM
AZSteve
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

If you decide one isn't enough, B&H is showing The Second as in stock.

Sep 26, 2023 at 08:53 AM
senna4ever
• • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

For all you guys & gals who just got the 100 II, Fuji has just released an "Urgent" firmware update (1.10). It is strongly advised you update before you use the camera.
GFX100 II: Firmware Ver 1.10

Details for Update

1. Black border appears on the left side of the image when recording RAW output with DCI-8K movie (ex. Monitor output with “ATOMOS”, “Blackmagic Design”, etc.).
Note: The above border will be recorded in the movie as well.

2. EVF display may operate abnormally with continuous shooting under the following condition.
(1) [EVF SETTING IN BOOST MODE] ➔ [EVF FRAME RATE PRIORITY (120P)]

3. RAW images taken with GFX100 II may not be able to be processed with certain RAW developing software. Capture One and Adobe Camera Raw will continue to be compatible as in the "RAW File Converter" software by FUJIFILM.

4. While continuous shooting, camera cannot turn off the power or freeze depending on the following shooting conditions.

(1) Conditions in which the camera will not turn off the normal way. (Pulling the battery is the only way to power down the camera)

Shutter speed changes from faster than 1/4000 second to slower than 1/4000 second with the following settings.
· [SHUTTER TYPE] ➔ [M+E]
· [Continuous shooting mode] ➔ [HIGH SPEED BURST]
· [Focus Mode] ➔ [AF-C]
[SHUTTERAE] ➔ [OFF]

(2) Conditions in which the camera may freeze/lockup.
Shutter speed changes from slower than 1/4000 second to faster than 1/4000 second with the following settings.
· [SHUTTER TYPE] ➔ [M+E]
· [Continuous shooting mode] ➔ [HIGH SPEED BURST]
· [Focus Mode] ➔ [AF-C]
· [SHUTTERAE] ➔ [OFF]

5. The image display on EVF, LCD or external monitor through HDMI may operate abnormally under certain conditions.

6. Other undisclosed minor bug fixes (there are a lot!!)

Edited on Sep 26, 2023 at 10:03 AM · View previous versions

Sep 26, 2023 at 09:58 AM
george malamis
• • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Just got shipping notification from b&h on the gf55.

Sep 26, 2023 at 10:02 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

I'm picking mine up from Samy's in the morning. Could've gotten it this afternoon but I like to wait until Christmas morning.

Sep 26, 2023 at 06:17 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

My 55 is now available for pickup! Of course I don't think I have time today though...

Sep 27, 2023 at 06:13 AM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Makten wrote:
My 55 is now available for pickup! Of course I don't think I have time today though...

Yay! Make time, get your priorities straight!!

Sep 27, 2023 at 06:24 AM
Karmal
• • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

It's time to play

Sep 27, 2023 at 08:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Makten
• • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

BrandonSi wrote:
Yay! Make time, get your priorities straight!!

I did, ha! First impression: AF is not as terrible as on the 80, but definitely the second slowest GF lens. This is with the 50S II, not sure if it's faster on the phase detect cameras. A bit noisy too.

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:33 AM
olegkin
• •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Makten wrote:
I did, ha! First impression: AF is not as terrible as on the 80, but definitely the second slowest GF lens. This is with the 50S II, not sure if it's faster on the phase detect cameras. A bit noisy too.

I have the same conclusion after a short test inside in darkish environment. 55mm feels like it has a slightly faster AF than 80, and more confident, less hunting AF. It is slightly more noisy than 80mm. Bokeh looks pleasant.

I am going to keep 45mm for "not people" photography and EDC, but 55mm is an easy choice for a portraits.

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:00 AM
senna4ever
• • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Just a test shot from two nights ago... Uncropped, full frame and 100% crop. Maybe not quite as sharp as I thought, as this was shot handheld, and it looked sharp to me on the EVF. I left earlier than I wanted, as it started raining.
GFX100 II + 55mm f1.7
1/15 sec, f1.7, 400 ISO

DSCF0012 by Jason Kazuta, on Flickr

DSCF0012-2 by Jason Kazuta, on Flickr

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:33 AM
Alistairm

p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

I picked up the new body and the 55 on Tuesday (in Sydney). I’m finally smitten with a GFX body. Having always loved the output from the system, but not loved the ergonomics, this new body really lifts the game. While the improvements are iterative, small things like the new leather and slightly angled top LCD add up to a vastly better camera feel in the hand. And the viewfinder is a delightful improvement. I’ve hardly put the camera down!

Having, a couple of years ago, sold my Leica SL bodies and lenses and my Hasselblad XD bodies and lenses to “bet” on the GFX platform as my DSLR style system (except for birds/sport), with this new body I no longer feel like I’m sacrificing the enjoyment of making pictures for the sake of the files… it delivers on both the joy to use and the IQ.

Sep 27, 2023 at 01:36 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

We're charging! 0% battery, thanks Fuji..

Sep 27, 2023 at 01:52 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Holy cow, now that's an EVF! That and the three fn buttons by the power switch are with the price of admission alone, IMO!

Sep 27, 2023 at 02:57 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

BrandonSi wrote:
Holy cow, now that's an EVF! That and the three fn buttons by the power switch are with the price of admission alone, IMO!

That's the tilt adapter for the removable viewfinder. I'm updating the firmware now and have been going through the menus. The worst part of the Fuji are the menus. Ugh. My battery had 20% on it so it's charging. I did not realize that the first memory slot is now a CF Express. Two more things to go out and buy - card and reader.

Sep 27, 2023 at 04:42 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Peter Figen wrote:
That's the tilt adapter for the removable viewfinder. I'm updating the firmware now and have been going through the menus. The worst part of the Fuji are the menus. Ugh. My battery had 20% on it so it's charging. I did not realize that the first memory slot is now a CF Express. Two more things to go out and buy - card and reader.

I know, I was the one who put the tilt adapter on my camera when I took that photo.. :P I was remarking more on the view / size when using the new EVF.. it's quite impressive!

FWIW, AngelBird 512 card has been great for me, used it on my R5C and XH2-S for 8k / 4k 60 video respectively. Was onlyl ike $120 or something.

Sep 27, 2023 at 05:28 PM
Rand47
• •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

I received my GFX 100 “The Second” (pretentious marketing BS - ) and have the firmware update installed with no issues. I agree that it is a real beauty in terms of fit and finish and about as nice as any camera I’ve owned (and I’ve owned a few really nice cameras). The 55 1.7 is SHARP. The body is “too small” for my large hands, and the grip will arrive tomorrow, so that should put it back in the realm of my GFX 100, which suits me fine.

The EVF is a sight to behold (couldn’t resist). It’s HUGE, bright, VERY detailed. We’re finally getting close to the reality of an OVF w/ the advantage of WYSIWYG.

Operability wise, it is more responsive. Button layout is very nice and all buttons are pleasant to reach and use. The command dials are MUCH improved over the the GFX 100 and even the 100s. And the joystick is WAY better than the 100s, which I thought was a step backward from the original 100. It is kind of like “half way between” the 100 joystick, and the 100s’ big mushroom thing.

There are plenty of programmable buttons! That surprised me when I was configuring the camera.

IMO, it’s an unqualified winner.

Rand

Sep 27, 2023 at 05:45 PM
BrandonSi
• • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Fuji GFX 100 II and new lenses - Pre-order / Shipping Thread

Not a great subject, more to come, but it's dark out here.. quick view of Reala Ace and Std/Provia. I like Reala Ace, very general purpose colors but lifted shadows and highlights a bit compared to Provia. I think I'll leave it on Reala for JPG as default, until I need B/W.

Notice the slight color difference in the cabinets, air fryer, and highlights on the backsplash tile, lifted shadows inside the toaster oven (in Reala you can clearly see the tray in the toaster oven). It's subtle, which for a general purpose look I think is a good thing.

Reala Ace

GFX100 II    GF55mmF1.7 R WR lens    55mm    f/1.7    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Standard / Provia

GFX100 II    GF55mmF1.7 R WR lens    55mm    f/1.7    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 27, 2023 at 05:48 PM
1       2       3       4      
       6       7       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.