New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

thrice
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Does anyone have their finger on the pulse of the Fujifilm release cadence? I'm curious when they intend to release the GF 30mm f/5.6 tilt/shift.

Aug 20, 2023 at 06:10 AM
asnapper
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

There is a Fuji summit on 12th September, when its rumoured the GFX 100 replacement will be announced along with 3 GFX lenses which are on the roadmap, 30mm & 110mm T/S, plus the 55mm f1.7

Aug 20, 2023 at 11:24 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

I'm hoping availability follows shortly thereafter 🙂

asnapper wrote:
There is a Fuji summit on 12th September, when its rumoured the GFX 100 replacement will be announced along with 3 GFX lenses which are on the roadmap, 30mm & 110mm T/S, plus the 55mm f1.7

Aug 20, 2023 at 06:07 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Hope so. I have been waiting for this 30mm TSE and the 50mm f1.7 for a long time. But I need to figure out what to sell. 23mm f4 won't sell for much now a days.

Aug 21, 2023 at 09:08 AM
Tmuussoni
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Yeah, same here. Been waiting for the Tiltshift for a long time. Exciting to see how it will perform. Probably, itíll be freakishly expensive.

Aug 24, 2023 at 03:38 PM
dhachey
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Very interested in this lens, which seems to be in the hands of reviewers, but not yet available. Has anyone received one yet?

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:00 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Some people have but still difficult to get it.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:06 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

dhachey wrote:
Very interested in this lens, which seems to be in the hands of reviewers, but not yet available. Has anyone received one yet?

I got mine a couple days before Christmas. 3lbs 13.9 oz. of greatness. It's everything they say it is and more but a royal pain in the ass to use the tilt function with the attached tripod foot and no one at Fuji has any idea as to whether it's okay to mount it directly without the foot, combined with a rather awkward rotation function where they apparently forgot to look and see how Canon did it. But optically, it's fab even at full shift.

I've posted a bunch of images taken with it and will probably post another - a portrait - in the next couple of days.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:10 PM
fotodik
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

I have on order at Adorama, currently say expected in July !

May 01, 2024 at 03:47 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

fotodik wrote:
I have on order at Adorama, currently say expected in July !

I talked to the owner of a camera store in Phoenix who told me that Fuji was just overwhelmed by the demand for the lens when they shipped the first batch out. I'm not sure if I buy that explanation especially since mine was number 53 in the whole freaking world. It just makes no sense that they'd put all that time, energy and money into R&D and tooling and only produce a couple hundred lenses, but then Fuji is a huge company and this lens isn't even a blip on their radar.

May 01, 2024 at 04:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

thrice
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Fuji are also compulsive liars, so I would believe that line as much as their marketing that the 100mp sensor in the 100II is new/different/customised in any way haha.

Peter Figen wrote:
I talked to the owner of a camera store in Phoenix who told me that Fuji was just overwhelmed by the demand for the lens when they shipped the first batch out. I'm not sure if I buy that explanation especially since mine was number 53 in the whole freaking world. It just makes no sense that they'd put all that time, energy and money into R&D and tooling and only produce a couple hundred lenses, but then Fuji is a huge company and this lens isn't even a blip on their radar.

May 07, 2024 at 05:21 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

thrice wrote:
Fuji are also compulsive liars, so I would believe that line as much as their marketing that the 100mp sensor in the 100II is new/different/customised in any way haha.

Yeah, well I believed that crap when it first came out and it turned out there were only the slimmest kernels of truth in there regarding the sensor and the micro lenses and the dynamic range and, and, and, and.....and..... So I'm going to basically agree with you. I never understand these types of marketing exaggerations, because just as soon as the product hits the streets all of their lies are going to be exposed. Do they really think that no one is going to test to see? The overhype of the 100 II really soured me, just like the 30mm t/s seems to live up to its optical hype but no one can get them, so what does it matter. None of this makes any sense.

May 07, 2024 at 05:50 PM
thrice
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

It really seems like Fujifilm have a disconnect between engineering and their marketing/bean counters.

The engineers come up with great products, but the marketers want them to be more than what they are so they exaggerate. Likewise the bean counters think a product is too costly to produce with not enough demand so they prioritise something else - losing face with the top end of the market.

Peter Figen wrote:
Yeah, well I believed that crap when it first came out and it turned out there were only the slimmest kernels of truth in there regarding the sensor and the micro lenses and the dynamic range and, and, and, and.....and..... So I'm going to basically agree with you. I never understand these types of marketing exaggerations, because just as soon as the product hits the streets all of their lies are going to be exposed. Do they really think that no one is going to test to see? The overhype of the 100 II really soured me, just like
...Show more

May 08, 2024 at 01:44 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

thrice wrote:
It really seems like Fujifilm have a disconnect between engineering and their marketing/bean counters.

The engineers come up with great products, but the marketers want them to be more than what they are so they exaggerate. Likewise the bean counters think a product is too costly to produce with not enough demand so they prioritise something else - losing face with the top end of the market.

I'm only a couple of years into owning Fuji gear (other than my 617) and really don't have the longer term experience with correlating the differential between what they say and what they do as you and others might have.

May 08, 2024 at 02:35 AM
bernardl
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Peter Figen wrote:
Yeah, well I believed that crap when it first came out and it turned out there were only the slimmest kernels of truth in there regarding the sensor and the micro lenses and the dynamic range and, and, and, and.....and..... So I'm going to basically agree with you. I never understand these types of marketing exaggerations, because just as soon as the product hits the streets all of their lies are going to be exposed. Do they really think that no one is going to test to see? The overhype of the 100 II really soured me, just like
...Show more

I think that there are different issues here:
- The inability to produce large volumes of high end lenses requiring top notch manufacturing facilities - this is not only a Fuji issue. Even giants like Nikon have had a hard time meeting demand for their 15,000 US$ super tele lenses. This is obviously not intentional and results from tough arbitration related to costs,
- Marketing talk... my view is that this is derived directly from what Canon has been doing for years. It's not surprising that their commercial success (despite products clearly inferior to competition in some significant ways) inspired other companies to follow suit.

This being said, I am just back from a week of shooting with the 100II that results in 1.2 TB of images... and the ratio of technically perfect images is simply amazingly high, probably around 95% despite a majority of them being shot hand held. Obviously not all images have reached the artistic level I was hoping for... but that is on me.

So indeed, Fuji may have oversold the progress they made in sensor performance, but I don't think they oversold the value of the camera as a very very high level photographic device. usability is still not up to Nikon standards, AF remains a pain as soon as things move, but the results are mighty impressive.

Cheers,
Bernard

May 08, 2024 at 08:52 PM
Karmal
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

I have owned the 30 TS since it came out and combined with the gfx 100 ii it does an excellent job as does the gfx100 ii compared to the gfx 100s that I had for two years for me it has improved significantly in everything not to mention the ergonomics then with the latest firmware it has gained wings

May 10, 2024 at 04:27 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Karmal wrote:
I have owned the 30 TS since it came out and combined with the gfx 100 ii it does an excellent job as does the gfx100 ii compared to the gfx 100s that I had for two years for me it has improved significantly in everything not to mention the ergonomics then with the latest firmware it has gained wings

How, specifically, has the latest firmware affected your use of the 30mm t/s or the way the camera and lens operate in tandem, or do I need a Red Bull to activate those features.

May 10, 2024 at 10:43 AM
Karmal
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Well.. it's obvious that I'm talking about two very distinct things about the ts30 which is optically excellent, it seems obvious to me that it has nothing to do with the AF given that it is manual focus
On the other hand, the gfx100ii has improved in every way compared to the gfx100s and with the latest firmware even further. .

May 11, 2024 at 08:43 AM
fotodik
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Well, this might give some of you some hope about the 30t/s. two nights ago I did a search on google for the 30t/s and found one in stock at Unique photo. I placed my order and it arrived today. Hopefully this means they are starting to trickle in.

May 24, 2024 at 09:06 AM
Wolfgang1756
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Where is the 30mm tilt/shift?

Just curious, why did you all get the lens? For shift or tilt? Or any other reason?

I know that for straight vertical lines, shift is desired, but that has changed now with Lightroom, etc, where one click and all lines are vertically aligned instantly!

It is expensive, heavy and slow (F5.6). So what is the appeal?

Thanks

Jun 10, 2024 at 01:55 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.