New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Venerable Mountain Woman

charley5
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Venerable Mountain Woman

A 95-year old lady from the remote mountain village of Lot, in Northern India. At least, that's the age claimed by her grandson. If it is accurate, I have to admire her resilience. It isn't an easy life. Most of these women haul rocks or branches or other materials on their backs up hilly trails I wouldn't have been able to easily navigate in my twenties, if ever.

-Charles

Aug 14, 2023 at 11:34 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Venerable Mountain Woman

The treatment surely adds to the age of the woman, Charley! Nice treatment and subject matter.
Douglas

Aug 15, 2023 at 05:56 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Venerable Mountain Woman

1st Happy Independence Day Charles! We(Countries) both came from the same "Mother".

Great image! The women in Asia do carry a great burden on their head, back and shoulders. I witnessed that 1st hand for 2 years. They are hardy souls! Never heard or saw a complaint.

She has great character!!
Dan

Aug 15, 2023 at 10:19 AM
charley5
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Venerable Mountain Woman

douter wrote:
The treatment surely adds to the age of the woman, Charley! Nice treatment and subject matter.
Douglas

Thanks a bunch, Douglas!

-Charles

Aug 16, 2023 at 02:15 AM
charley5
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Venerable Mountain Woman

Danpbphoto wrote:
1st Happy Independence Day Charles! We(Countries) both came from the same "Mother".

Great image! The women in Asia do carry a great burden on their head, back and shoulders. I witnessed that 1st hand for 2 years. They are hardy souls! Never heard or saw a complaint.

She has great character!!
Dan

Ha ha. Yes indeed we do. Thank you.

Yes, the women usually do heavy manual work, as much as the men do, sometimes more. You can really see that in some physical tasks, they are equal to men.

She was almost completely deaf. But still had a light in her eyes.

AK

Aug 16, 2023 at 02:18 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.