p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Z8 Battery Life

I empathize with your Fuji comment.

Jul 30, 2023 at 06:39 AM
bs kite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Z8 Battery Life

molson wrote:
Thanks for offering to do that, but it really doesn't help me with my issue; I already know everyone else is getting much better battery life than me.

True... did not think of that last night

Jul 30, 2023 at 07:11 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Z8 Battery Life

bs kite wrote:
Forgive me but it seems that you are way ahead of yourself and thinking of reasons something will not work.

It's called "experience"... and way too much of it with Nikon Canada.

Anyway, I have now ruled out the batteries as being the root cause, nor is it the camera body, at least as far as running it in basic video mode one a tripod goes. Now I have to see if it's a particular lens or lens + TC combination...

Jul 30, 2023 at 09:31 AM
RobCD
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Z8 Battery Life

molson wrote:
It's pretty simple - the Fuji XF 8-16mm is just better optically than the Z 14-24mm f2.8 or the Z 14-30mm f4. AF has nothing to do with it.

Jul 30, 2023 at 09:56 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Z8 Battery Life

ArizonaImage wrote:
Try resetting the camera to factory defaults and see if you can do a firmware update.

That (resetting to defaults) may have done the trick - there is no firmware update for the Z8 yet.

I guess now I have to go back and re-do all my custom settings to see if battery life goes south again...

I did notice from these tests that having the 1.4x TC attached decreased battery life by roughly 10%

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

molson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Z8 Battery Life

RobCD wrote:
If you're asking about the OPs issues as described then the answer is simply no it's not a known issue.

Turns out it was a "known issue" after all... which Nikon has now fixed with a firmware update:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1821924

Aug 25, 2023 at 04:22 PM
RobCD
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Z8 Battery Life

molson wrote:
Turns out it was a "known issue" after all... which Nikon has now fixed with a firmware update:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1821924

Well it was a known issue on August 22 but not on July 29 unless you're seeing something I'm not. I mean some engineer at Nikon probably knew about it..

Aug 25, 2023 at 05:17 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Z8 Battery Life

RobCD wrote:
Well it was a known issue on August 22 but not on July 29 unless you're seeing something I'm not. I mean some engineer at Nikon probably knew about it..

So you actually believe they discovered the issue and released the firmware update the same day...?

Aug 25, 2023 at 05:37 PM
RobCD
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Z8 Battery Life

molson wrote:
So you actually believe they discovered the issue and released the firmware update the same day...?

Huh, there are 24 days between July 29 and August 22, but sure, Nikon may have known about it even before July 29 but I don't get the relevance.

Aug 28, 2023 at 08:44 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Z8 Battery Life

RobCD wrote:
Huh, there are 24 days between July 29 and August 22, but sure, Nikon may have known about it even before July 29 but I don't get the relevance.

Dont worry about it - it's obviously way over your head.

Aug 28, 2023 at 10:10 PM
1       2              end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.