• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.53 #1 · p.53 #1 · Let's talk about the Nikon Zf

Or a classic looking FTZ?

Feb 12, 2024 at 03:09 AM
Chris Cheng

p.53 #2 · p.53 #2 · Let's talk about the Nikon Zf

Hi everyone, Iím new to Nikon zf here. I donít know if itís my settings or what, but I found that when the monitor is flipped out, the eye sensor is not automatically disabled like on z6. So if I hold the camera too close to my body, it will auto switch to Evf. I have to use the monitor mode button to select for LCD only to stop the auto switching. Is it the normal behavior for Zf?

Feb 12, 2024 at 04:14 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.53 #3 · p.53 #3 · Let's talk about the Nikon Zf

Chris Cheng wrote:
Hi everyone, Iím new to Nikon zf here. I donít know if itís my settings or what, but I found that when the monitor is flipped out, the eye sensor is not automatically disabled like on z6. So if I hold the camera too close to my body, it will auto switch to Evf. I have to use the monitor mode button to select for LCD only to stop the auto switching. Is it the normal behavior for Zf?

Found this:

"Note that, some models such as the Z 9 and Z 8 are equipped with additional sensors. The EVF will be disabled when the monitor is tilted, or not stowed in the storage position."

http://tinyurl.com/4kw5hx9s

I'm guessing the Zf lacks this sensor.

Feb 12, 2024 at 06:55 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Chris Cheng

p.53 #4 · p.53 #4 · Let's talk about the Nikon Zf

Thanks, I canít imagine why it was on Z6 but not on zf, very annoying actually

snapsy wrote:
Found this:

"Note that, some models such as the Z 9 and Z 8 are equipped with additional sensors. The EVF will be disabled when the monitor is tilted, or not stowed in the storage position."

http://tinyurl.com/4kw5hx9s

I'm guessing the Zf lacks this sensor.

Feb 12, 2024 at 07:32 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.53 #5 · p.53 #5 · Let's talk about the Nikon Zf

So, for those looking for more info on the accessory grips, I have done a pretty in-depth write-up and comparison of the four major grips out right now: Smallrig, Neewer, the wood grip, and Nikon's Zf-GR1.

I ended up with all of them because there was something I didn't like about each one I got, and the things I did like about each of them differed. The Nikon for me has struck the best balance in comfort, features and looks, but of course it's only sold in Japan, so I had to get mine from a Japanese seller on eBay.

Full writeup here: https://admiringlight.com/blog/reviewing-and-ranking-nikon-zf-grip-options/

Feb 16, 2024 at 06:20 PM
ge47rd

p.53 #6 · p.53 #6 · Let's talk about the Nikon Zf

Do you know the brand or model of the wood grip? Looks nice!

Jman13 wrote:
I got my wood grip in from eBay - so now I have this, the SmallRig and the Neewer grip. My thoughts:

Looks:
- I think the wood grip looks best, as it just has this elegant classic look to it. The Neewer is probably second, though I'm torn on the red stripe. Sometimes I like it, and other times I think it'd look better with out it. Smallrig is least attractive as it's just a black rubber block, but it also isn't bad looking.

Feel:
- Sort of a tossup between the wood and the Smallrig. The wood has a wonderful
...Show more

Feb 17, 2024 at 02:57 AM
1       2       3              52      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              52      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.