FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

dcisive
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

I got the adapter today and I have to say on my Z9 using the Sony 200-600G I was not happy at all with the results. Virtually NO comptent IS in the viewfinder. In order to get a decent in focus shot it required I up the shutter speed way above 1/1000th and beyond hiking up the ISO's big time. Unacceptable. It's going back. I'll stick with my A6700/200-600G for wildlife that needs substantial reach. Otherwise my Z9 with it's 100-400S and worst case with the 1.4xtc do a fine job when the extra reach isnt' a requirement I won't bother with adapters in the future. It's native or nothing for me thank you.

Feb 01, 2024 at 06:47 PM
DWOfPaul
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

dcisive wrote:
I got the adapter today and I have to say on my Z9 using the Sony 200-600G I was not happy at all with the results. Virtually NO comptent IS in the viewfinder. In order to get a decent in focus shot it required I up the shutter speed way above 1/1000th and beyond hiking up the ISO's big time. Unacceptable. It's going back. I'll stick with my A6700/200-600G for wildlife that needs substantial reach. Otherwise my Z9 with it's 100-400S and worst case with the 1.4xtc do a fine job when the extra reach isnt' a requirement I won't
...Show more

Which firmware version is your adapter on? Also double check IS is on and is engaging. I haven't noticed much of a difference with stabilization between my Z8 and A7rIV with my Sony 200-600. If anything I felt like the Z8 let me use a bit of a slower shutter speed having less resolution and no shutter shake to deal with. Granted I am usually shooting in the 1/600 - 1/1200 rage since IS doesn't stop subject blur. What shutter speed can you get sharp photos with using your A6700 at 600mm?

Feb 01, 2024 at 07:12 PM
Jemini
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

Turn off the IS on lens. Keep it on in camera. It works.

dcisive wrote:
I got the adapter today and I have to say on my Z9 using the Sony 200-600G I was not happy at all with the results. Virtually NO comptent IS in the viewfinder. In order to get a decent in focus shot it required I up the shutter speed way above 1/1000th and beyond hiking up the ISO's big time. Unacceptable. It's going back. I'll stick with my A6700/200-600G for wildlife that needs substantial reach. Otherwise my Z9 with it's 100-400S and worst case with the 1.4xtc do a fine job when the extra reach isnt' a requirement I won't
...Show more

Feb 01, 2024 at 09:13 PM
phinix
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

What is a overall consensus on this adapter? I've read quiet a few negative comments about it, people having issues, even bricking their Z bodies.
Is it really bad, or was it like one firmware being defective and after update its all good?
Is it 100% recommended, or does it come with issues anyway?

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jman13
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

phinix wrote:
What is a overall consensus on this adapter? I've read quiet a few negative comments about it, people having issues, even bricking their Z bodies.
Is it really bad, or was it like one firmware being defective and after update its all good?

I think it somewhat depends on the lens. Itís been fantastic for me on my 50/1.2GM. Feels essentially like a native lens. Been using it for about 6 months now.

Feb 20, 2024 at 06:49 AM
Ripolini
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

phinix wrote:

To answer your question you should know how many adapters were sold and how many people reported issues (e.g., premature failure). For sure, most of those who use the adapter without problems will never complain in a forum

Feb 20, 2024 at 08:52 AM
phinix
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · New Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

Ripolini wrote:
To answer your question you should know how many adapters were sold and how many people reported issues (e.g., premature failure). For sure, most of those who use the adapter without problems will never complain in a forum

Yeah, I know, its like with Amazon comments - nobody comments when it all works, or lets say not many will comment, just use the item...

I'll run a poll!

EDIT: done, its up

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:49 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.