New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Ricoh GR3 Issue

M_Wales
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ricoh GR3 Issue

my 3 comes on, but the screen is blank like it not looking through the lens. The screen works fine with the menu button.. When the shutter button is pressed the shutter does not open and close but it starts counting like it taking a long exposure.

I have reset it many times hoping to bring it back to life.

Anyone have an idea of what I can try or what the problem may be?

Thank you

May 25, 2023 at 11:12 AM
Andrew Johns

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ricoh GR3 Issue

Hmm, that’s interesting. Have you cycled through the display button options? The GR has a screen off setting for shooting with an external optical viewfinder. Obvious, but double check the self timer and interval timer settings.

May 25, 2023 at 12:45 PM
M_Wales
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ricoh GR3 Issue

Andrew Johns wrote:
Hmm, that’s interesting. Have you cycled through the display button options? The GR has a screen off setting for shooting with an external optical viewfinder. Obvious, but double check the self timer and interval timer settings.

I did check those before and just rechecked to make sure and everything is off. It feels like the leaf shutter has just died. When I half press the shutter button nothing happens at all..

Thanks for posting

May 25, 2023 at 07:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TENOG
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ricoh GR3 Issue

Have you tried removing the battery, then replacing it and restarting? That reboot seems to solve a lot of weird problems in cameras.

May 25, 2023 at 10:33 PM
M_Wales
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ricoh GR3 Issue

TENOG wrote:
Have you tried removing the battery, then replacing it and restarting? That reboot seems to solve a lot of weird problems in cameras.

Tried 3 batteries and plugging it in to USB power and charging the batteries also.

Thank you

May 26, 2023 at 06:06 AM
markhout
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ricoh GR3 Issue

M_Wales wrote:
Tried 3 batteries and plugging it in to USB power and charging the batteries also.

Thank you

The 'reset' is more like remove battery, leave it out for a night, switch on without battery, put battery back in, switch on with battery...

May 26, 2023 at 08:02 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.