New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2023 · B&H Z8 Update

dcisive
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · B&H Z8 Update

For what it's worth, I had a long conversation with a rather intelligent (rare) and informed rep in customer service at B&H this morning. Regarding the shipments to occur for the Z8 and Z8/12-120 kits. Surprisingly, unlike so many other smaller dealers around the country, they have NOT received product as of today. She informed me they got communications from Nikon on the 19th that they would receive their initial Z8 product shipment "the first week of June".

As we know at best, that would mean next Thursday/Friday (and they close early on Friday's). She said the earliest "likely" time I might be able to receive mine is most probably around Tuesday the 6th. Not a guarantee but "likely" the way things are set up. She said the demand for the Z8 body alone is HUGE and it is doubtful ALL people that ordered it would get it on the first shipment. She looked at my order and said that my 100-400 lens has already been set aside, and that in MY case, since I ordered a Kit with the Z8 and 24-120 lens, I was slated to be included in the first shipment as there is documentation there will be sufficient stock on THAT item coming in to lock in my order as complete. So I guess I can't feel too bad.

I feel fairly confident this information is reliable whereas there have been salesmen and other reps that gave erroneous information to me and others of you in the past. So we can plan accordingly, I guess. For those with smaller dealers some of you will indeed be getting yours tomorrow or Friday so good on you. I use the Payboo card and the 12 months financing deal so other dealers are not typically the route I take. I thought I'd pass this info on for those that are anxiously awaiting their goodies from B&H.

May 24, 2023 at 11:05 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · B&H Z8 Update

Thanks for the detailed update. FYI, B&H closes tomorrow (Thursday) at 2PM, so even if they get their first shipment tomorrow they might not be able to get it out in time. Here's the message on their site:

SHAVUOS HOLIDAY CLOSING - B&H will be closed starting at 2pm ET Thu May 25. We will reopen Sun May 28.

May 24, 2023 at 11:29 AM
robert_in_ca
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · B&H Z8 Update

Although I buy a majority of my stuff from B&H, when it comes to any higher in demand items like my 400mm 2.8, 800mm, etc. I don't even bother with them. My Z8 arrived today at my LCS and I will be picking it up tomorrow.

May 24, 2023 at 11:48 AM
kshitijsharma
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · B&H Z8 Update

My B&H order updated to New order from backordered. No idea what that means 🤷🏻‍♂️

May 24, 2023 at 11:52 AM
NissanPatrol
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · B&H Z8 Update

So we should be seeing some Z8 images from forum members very soon

May 24, 2023 at 11:59 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · B&H Z8 Update

NissanPatrol wrote:
So we should be seeing some Z8 images from forum members very soon

Spoiler: they will look indistinguishable from Z9 images

May 24, 2023 at 12:09 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · B&H Z8 Update

snapsy wrote:
Thanks for the detailed update. FYI, B&H closes tomorrow (Thursday) at 2PM, so even if they get their first shipment tomorrow they might not be able to get it out in time. Here's the message on their site:

SHAVUOS HOLIDAY CLOSING - B&H will be closed starting at 2pm ET Thu May 25. We will reopen Sun May 28.

I spoke with customer service about another matter and asked them if they were getting the Z8 out before the holiday.....they said mine (body only) is going to go out on the 29th....makes perfect sense.

May 24, 2023 at 12:51 PM
dcisive
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · B&H Z8 Update

If that should happen I'll be getting my kit the same time yours will ship. But it is by NO means a guarantee. By the way, FedX doesn't work on Memorial Day the 29th

May 24, 2023 at 01:05 PM
BPsmith511
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · B&H Z8 Update

robert_in_ca wrote:
Although I buy a majority of my stuff from B&H, when it comes to any higher in demand items like my 400mm 2.8, 800mm, etc. I don't even bother with them. My Z8 arrived today at my LCS and I will be picking it up tomorrow.

Unfortunately, B&H is my LCS despite being an hour away

May 24, 2023 at 01:43 PM
henderson92

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · B&H Z8 Update

I don't know what do expect at this point since I was expecting my order to be shipped in second batch but I got notification from B&H about part of my order has been shipped (I request all items to be shipped at same time). I placed my order at 8:06.

May 24, 2023 at 01:46 PM
henderson92

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · B&H Z8 Update

henderson92 wrote:
I don't know what do expect at this point since I was expecting my order to be shipped in second batch but I got notification from B&H about part of my order has been shipped (I request all items to be shipped at same time). I placed my order at 8:06.

-Update-
Just got off phone call with two different CS rep(two separate calls) and they said They did received good amount of z8 from Nikon and it's all ready to shipped out tomorrow before closing and that's why my other half of the order has been shipped prior to z8 shipment.
(Just a messenger and do not represent B&H so don't yell at me for anything lol)

May 24, 2023 at 01:54 PM
patotts
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · B&H Z8 Update

Your B&H rep is not telling you the truth, they should have received (big) first wave deliver already and ship out today for deliver tomorrow.

Kits may have not arrived already, that is a different story.

Edited on May 24, 2023 at 02:14 PM · View previous versions

May 24, 2023 at 02:14 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · B&H Z8 Update

My status changed from back ordered to New Order suggesting it will indeed go out tomorrow. 🤞🏻

May 24, 2023 at 02:14 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · B&H Z8 Update

RoamingScott wrote:
Spoiler: they will look indistinguishable from Z9 images

I would guess that NissanPatrol knows that too. I'd guess he was only being positive and building some anticipation

May 24, 2023 at 02:17 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · B&H Z8 Update

bs kite wrote:
I would guess that NissanPatrol knows that too. I'd guess he was only being positive and building some anticipation

I don't presume to know what others know

The building interest in the Z8 is handling, battery life, build quality, etc...IQ is a totally known quantity at this point.

May 24, 2023 at 02:20 PM
Jonathan
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · B&H Z8 Update

My B&H pre-order still says back-ordered. I got a call this morning from my favorite store for new items like this and mine is shipping overnight tomorrow and will be here on Friday.

I'll be cancelling my B&H order today since I sure don't need two. I have always had slow delivery when it's a hot item and smaller dealers have have been better. Allen's camera is impossible to beat, and very nice people. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

I think a lot of sellers actually got them today and cannot ship until tomorrow per Nikon.

May 24, 2023 at 02:44 PM
Creative Edge
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · B&H Z8 Update

Jonathan wrote:
My B&H pre-order still says back-ordered. I got a call this morning from my favorite store for new items like this and mine is shipping overnight tomorrow and will be here on Friday.

I'll be cancelling my B&H order today since I sure don't need two. I have always had slow delivery when it's a hot item and smaller dealers have have been better. Allen's camera is impossible to beat, and very nice people. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

I think a lot of sellers actually got them today and cannot ship until tomorrow per Nikon.

Jon,
I have first dibs on your z8 when you sell it...
You know I'm messing with you..lol

May 24, 2023 at 03:27 PM
Jesse Evans
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · B&H Z8 Update

My Z8 + 24-120 combo has switched from backordered to new order at B&H which means it should be shipping today.

May 24, 2023 at 03:36 PM
henderson92

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · B&H Z8 Update

Doubling down on this info. Just received this email from B&H.

-

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that your Nikon Z8 order 10995307XX will be released for shipment tomorrow. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number once the order is shipped.

We know you have been waiting eagerly for this camera, and we can't wait for you to experience all that it has to offer. The Z8 is the latest and greatest from Nikon, and it's packed with features that will help you take your photography and videography to the next level.

We hope you enjoy your new Nikon Z8.

Thank you for choosing B&H,

-

May 24, 2023 at 03:38 PM
Jonathan
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · B&H Z8 Update

Creative Edge wrote:
Jon,
I have first dibs on your z8 when you sell it...
You know I'm messing with you..lol

Michael,

Itís a bad sign when you get to be predictable and I think itís happened to me.

May 24, 2023 at 03:43 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.