New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

D750 WiFi

Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D750 WiFi

So, I picked up a well used, but perfectly functioning D750 last week, but I am having real trouble getting it to connect via WiFi to my phone to transfer images. I downloaded the Wireless Mobile Utility and followed the instructions on Nikon's site about connecting the D750, but it dosn't seem to do anything. I can see and connect to the WiFi network created by the camera, but in the app, I can't even tap on the "Pictures on Camera" section, and if I select in camera, it just says "waiting for connection" even after the phone is connected to the network.

I figure plenty of you have owned the D750 at some point over the last several years. Any advice?

May 22, 2023 at 06:35 PM
niXer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D750 WiFi

In general I find the wifi stuff clunky. I usually have to have my phone in airplane mode, then tell it to keep the connection, otherwise it tries to switch out since it doesn't detect internet. The Nikon WMU is garbage. Basically I never use it on my D750.

I found it faster to just get a USB-A to USB-C cable and connect a card reader to my phone to offload the shots I want to upload directly from the memory card.

May 23, 2023 at 05:15 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D750 WiFi

niXer wrote:
In general I find the wifi stuff clunky. I usually have to have my phone in airplane mode, then tell it to keep the connection, otherwise it tries to switch out since it doesn't detect internet. The Nikon WMU is garbage. Basically I never use it on my D750.

I found it faster to just get a USB-A to USB-C cable and connect a card reader to my phone to offload the shots I want to upload directly from the memory card.

Thanks. I sort of feared that, given that this was fairly early in the built-in WiFi era. It's not a huge deal, as this is not a primary camera, but after getting used to it on my Fuji, Sony and Canon bodies, was hoping it would work decently enough. (I'm not implying Nikon can't do WiFi properly...I'm sure the more recent bodies like the Z series cameras do it just fine).

May 23, 2023 at 05:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.