New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Nikon Z8/Z9 DISP button question

cope07
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Z8/Z9 DISP button question

I saw online that the DISP button on the Z9(and presumably Z8) was customizable. Does any one know if this is true? I am asking because I really like having "double Backbutton focus". On a Canon R5 there are just extra buttons next to AF-ON that you can setup to be AF-C/tracking and let AF-On be AF-S Single point. Similarly on Sony it works pretty well to set the shutter button to be AF-S and the AF-On button to be real time tracking.

I am hoping that on a Z8 I could make the AF-On button be AF-S and the DISP button (which is in a great place to reach with my larger hands) to be 3D-tracking/lock on AF-C.

Thoughts?

P.S. I know there are the Fn buttons on the front but I would really like to keep those for other functions + its a bit of finger gymnastics for something used as much as AF-On.

Thanks everyone!

May 16, 2023 at 10:31 PM
carl_g
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Z8/Z9 DISP button question

Yes you can do that. On my Z9 I have my display button set to 3d tracking and focus. AF-ON button mapped to just focus and I toggle between dynamic area med and wide area small all AF-C as default focus modes, if that makes sense.

May 16, 2023 at 10:50 PM
Vinnie_VdB
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Z8/Z9 DISP button question

Have a look at this document and will show what functions can go to whatever button.

May 16, 2023 at 11:11 PM
cope07
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon Z8/Z9 DISP button question

that was exactly the kind of doc I was looking for. Thanks!

May 17, 2023 at 03:09 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.