1       2       3              27      
       29              42       43       end

The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

tctmp
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #1 · p.28 #1 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

Steve Spencer wrote:
Well that is a really unusual definition of stupid and moralizes (saying shouldn't be wrong) being wrong in a way that is likely unhelpful. Nevertheless, "stupid cheap shots," is obviously about the "cheap shots," and not about the people involved. You are calling what you call "cheap shots," stupid and not calling people stupid, so it is not a personal attack.

Similarly, if you responded to the post you linked by saying it was "stupid divorce logic," then that too is not against people but rather what was said in the post.

I find such arguments to be rather poor arguments
...Show more

So groob is wrong when he's having issue with my post while turning blind eyes to the post in the Nikon forum which is the true offender that caused me to call it out. I don't think he's going to admit it though.

Edited on May 22, 2023 at 05:34 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2023 at 04:40 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.28 #2 · p.28 #2 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

Seriously this is the worst thread ever on this forum. Should be locked and some should really get away from the keyboard. Nikon and Sony make gear it means very little in life . You buy what you need and just tell the other brand guy to enjoy his choice. Be right , wrong or indifferent it still is a choice . This behavior here is like a war. WTF and why should anyone care. As an old Pro your words mean shit it’s your images that should be talking. Go out and shoot as I have not seen any images here that make a choice between either a solid comment.

Just leave me out of this one. I want nothing to do with it. I grew up on Nikon and will retire with Sony and that was my career choice. I go golf now

May 22, 2023 at 05:09 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.28 #3 · p.28 #3 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

I knew it would be just a matter of time before Sony trumped those fancy new Nikon telephotos... although there's no mention of this one having a built-in TC.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/some-fun-sony-just-developed-a-new-4000mm-f-0-3-full-frame-e-mount-lens/

May 22, 2023 at 05:33 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.28 #4 · p.28 #4 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

bs kite wrote:
Hi folks

That statement I made about Zeiss making Sony lenses was incorrect because all I did was type ("google" as a verb) in the address box and looked *only* at the top statement or site. If you do the same you will see something like the following........

Carl Zeiss lenses for Sony have a few different E-Mount series, some of which were released in the last few years. Zeiss lenses for Sony include the Zeiss Loxia series, which are all manual focus only.Jan 15, 2023

The Best Carl Zeiss Lenses in 2020 [for Sony, Canon, Nikon ...

That was not enough.
...Show more

As far as I know Zeiss doesn't actually make any lenses for Sony. The Zeiss branded lenses for E-Mount are actually made by Cosina in the case of Loxia (MF) and Touit(AF). Cosina also makes the Zeiss Ottus, and Milvus line of lenses for Zeiss. It is said that Tamron makes the AF lenses under the Zeiss Batis name.

May 22, 2023 at 05:41 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.28 #5 · p.28 #5 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

molson wrote:
I knew it would be just a matter of time before Sony trumped those fancy new Nikon telephotos... although there's no mention of this one having a built-in TC.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/some-fun-sony-just-developed-a-new-4000mm-f-0-3-full-frame-e-mount-lens/

You realize that image of the lens is just a joke AI generated image. I am not sure the post is legit either. That lens may not exist at all.

Edited on May 22, 2023 at 05:55 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2023 at 05:42 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.28 #6 · p.28 #6 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

Of course everyone here knows that we are in control of how these threads go.

In my opinion:

It is fine for anyone to post in any forum. No one should take it upon themselves to declare who should be allowed to post in any forum. I have seen examples of very poor behavior in all the forums and by users of all the brands.

It is Ok to respectfully post any opinion one has in any forum. It is also OK to respectfully rebut that opinion.

Understand that mistakes in fact will be made. None of us are prefect. We should do our best to correct someone's mistakes politely.

We should all control our own post, not use offensive language and be polite. It is possible to post impolite things without using offensive language. Everyone should try to disagree, and express displeasure with grace and civility.

In the end we should not be depending on moderators to police our community's forums. We, as individuals are responsible for our own behavior. We should just commit to ourselves to behave the best we can.

Edited on May 22, 2023 at 08:26 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2023 at 05:54 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.28 #7 · p.28 #7 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

1bwana1 wrote:
You realize that image of the lens is just a joke AI generated image. I am not sure the post is legit either. That lens may not exist at all.

Maybe you're thinking of the Nikon Z 200-600 zoom?

May 22, 2023 at 06:33 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.28 #8 · p.28 #8 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

molson wrote:
Maybe you're thinking of the Nikon Z 200-600 zoom?

Naw.

The wind says that the Nikon Z ((200 -600)/180-600) is much, much smaller and not white in color. Plus you don't need to fake a lens that actually exists. A gust said it is out being tested currently. Possibly to be announced in July in conjunction with a new body in a class that Sony should have done years ago.

Very different from this AI generated fantasy lens.

May 22, 2023 at 06:49 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.28 #9 · p.28 #9 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

1bwana1 wrote:
Naw.

The wind says that the Nikon Z ((200 -600)/180-600) is much, much smaller and not white in color. Plus you don't need to fake a lens that actually exists. A gust said it is out being tested currently. Possibly to be announced in July in conjunction with a new body in a class that Sony should have done years ago.

Very different from this AI generated fantasy lens.

I can't believe you actually thought that Sony image was real...

May 22, 2023 at 06:53 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.28 #10 · p.28 #10 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

molson wrote:
I can't believe you actually thought that Sony image was real...

I never did, I was just posting to be sure everyone knew it too.

May 22, 2023 at 06:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bs kite
• • • • •
p.28 #11 · p.28 #11 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

molson wrote:

Yowza!

May 22, 2023 at 07:52 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.28 #12 · p.28 #12 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

Now that’s a lens worth a fight. Lol

May 22, 2023 at 08:14 PM
TT1000
• • •
p.28 #13 · p.28 #13 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

Jonathan-ST wrote:
The price of sony A1 keeps me out of touch It would be good news for me if there are more discounts on the Nikon competition

If you read above you will learn that 2-1/2 years ago you could have bought the A1 for “a price close to the Z8” so you should have no problem picking it up now for around $2000 if not less. 🥸 Not sure why all the dealers are still advertising it at $6500. Probably a pricing error.

May 22, 2023 at 08:28 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.28 #14 · p.28 #14 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

I sold my A1 for like 5400. Big deal. This is a cost to play hobby for folks. Nothing new

May 22, 2023 at 08:31 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.28 #15 · p.28 #15 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

GMPhotography wrote:
I sold my A1 for like 5400. Big deal. This is a cost to play hobby for folks. Nothing new

Seems like people getting a good deal does bother someone around here. 😆

May 22, 2023 at 10:50 PM
duncang
• • •
[X]
p.28 #16 · p.28 #16 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

osv2 wrote:
and where is your nikon photo series of swallows in flight?

don't run off at the mouth when you obviously can't back it up yourself.

At least the discussion has moved on from the old DSLR vs Mirrorless or the "who needs Eye AF anyway" ones.

Now it's "who needs an AI chip anyway!"

Oh btw it's not just one sequence - here is another even more impressive demonstration given the following:
- captured head-on in no wind to speak of
- focus acquired against a tough background
- captured with a cheap AUD2000 zoom lens
- conditions are not super bright - not many cameras are going to perform well, if at all in these conditions

Warning: a lot of full resolution (8K) images on this page.

https://duncangroenewald.com/pages/collections/2022-02-19-bug-eat-sequence.html

May 26, 2023 at 03:36 AM
aboutthelight
• • •
p.28 #17 · p.28 #17 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

I got to shoot with the Z8 yesterday for a little while. Got to compare a Z8, Z9 and my A1. It was not nearly enough testing to form an educated decision on how the AF compares. But the EVF on the Z8 and Z9 seemed very jittery to me. It was noticeable the instant I picked it up. I mentioned it to my friend who said no it isn't and then I handed him my A1 and 600 and said have a look. After going back and forth he agreed. While that is not a deal breaker for him it really bothered me. The other thing is the Z8 is always still quite a bit bigger and heavier than the A1. I love the small size and weight of the A1. Kind of solidifies that I am happy I did not wait for Nikon to come out with the Z8 and Z9. Although the 600 with the built in TC is awesome. We were photographing Virginia Rails and when they were further out he shot at 840 and then when they were closer 600. I was stuck at 600.

May 29, 2023 at 08:56 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.28 #18 · p.28 #18 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

aboutthelight wrote:
I got to shoot with the Z8 yesterday for a little while. Got to compare a Z8, Z9 and my A1. It was not nearly enough testing to form an educated decision on how the AF compares. But the EVF on the Z8 and Z9 seemed very jittery to me. It was noticeable the instant I picked it up. I mentioned it to my friend who said no it isn't and then I handed him my A1 and 600 and said have a look. After going back and forth he agreed. While that is not a deal breaker for him
...Show more

Ask your friend if they have the EVF set to 120hz.

May 29, 2023 at 09:21 PM
groob
• • •
p.28 #19 · p.28 #19 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

aboutthelight wrote:
I got to shoot with the Z8 yesterday for a little while. Got to compare a Z8, Z9 and my A1. It was not nearly enough testing to form an educated decision on how the AF compares. But the EVF on the Z8 and Z9 seemed very jittery to me. It was noticeable the instant I picked it up. I mentioned it to my friend who said no it isn't and then I handed him my A1 and 600 and said have a look. After going back and forth he agreed. While that is not a deal breaker for him
...Show more

Come on, Isaac, just lift a few weights! Thats why all the Nikon guys take their shirts off when shooting!

Hope the B&H show went well.

May 29, 2023 at 09:35 PM
aboutthelight
• • •
p.28 #20 · p.28 #20 · The new Nikon Z8 vs the Sony A7RV and potential A9III

RoamingScott wrote:
Ask your friend if they have the EVF set to 120hz.

I will ask

May 29, 2023 at 10:24 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.