New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · M11/M11m testing

RustyRus
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · M11/M11m testing

Question for the forum here:

I am going to run some tests using the M11 vs the M11m. What and how would people find the information useful or interesting? Lots of amazing photographic minds/people that have done this and I am interested in your thoughts.

My initial thinking is to find some interesting images to shoot B&W, nothing static or test shots.....Take one image with the M11m with a color filter, then take another image with the same lens and no filter on the M11.

Repeat this process 4 or 5 times, some at night, some during the day, high dynamic range scenes, high ISO etc. I would then edit to my liking for both images .

Again though very interested in your thoughts here on what would be interesting. At the end of the day, not trying to prove anything in either direction. Just a test

May 04, 2023 at 11:46 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · M11/M11m testing

Would love the difference at lower ISO for example 200 and at ISO around 6400 (I personally find ISO 25 000 and over as discussed in other tests unrealistic in most cases and too extreme).

Also would love to see the M11M infrared capabilities. In a few posts I read that it can record quite well IR light with an IR filter (or even dark red filter) attached on the lens - potentially able to take IR photos at a bit higher ISO and therefore shorter exposure times. If true, it could compete with a designated IR-modified camera. Photos taken under this "IR" condition should be very distinguishable between M11 and M11M since the M11 likely uses a much stronger IR cutoff layer on the cover plate of the sensor.

May 04, 2023 at 12:47 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · M11/M11m testing

retrofocus wrote:
Would love the difference at lower ISO for example 200 and at ISO around 6400 (I personally find ISO 25 000 and over as discussed in other tests unrealistic in most cases and too extreme).

Also would love to see the M11M infrared capabilities. In a few posts I read that it can record quite well IR light with an IR filter (or even dark red filter) attached on the lens - potentially able to take IR photos at a bit higher ISO and therefore shorter exposure times. If true, it could compete with a designated IR-modified camera. Photos taken
...Show more

And the signal will be full sized vs 1/4 size through just the red lens on the cfa.

May 04, 2023 at 07:31 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.