Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2023 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8

  
 
PIOK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


Could you help me to choose Circular Polarizer Filter for Nikon Z 14- 24 f/2.8 S Lens which don't cause any vignetting problem at 14 mm

Probably I will get NiSi Lens Hood and and I looking for this options (or others)

1) B+W 112 mm Master High-Transmission Kaesemann Circular Polarizer MRC Nano Filter

2) NiSi 112mm True Color Pro Nano Circular Polarizing Filter for Nikon Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens


I know problems using CPL filters on ultra wide lenses so there is no reason to comment about it

Comments about 6/10 stops ND filters for this lens welcome



Apr 29, 2023 at 12:37 AM
pgallinson
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


I have the NISI and it works fine.


Apr 29, 2023 at 04:42 AM
pgallinson
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


I have the NISI and it works fine.


Apr 29, 2023 at 04:46 AM
AcuteShadows
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


I have the B+W Käsemann filter. It really improves the images, unless you're doing something stupid.


Apr 29, 2023 at 06:11 AM
PIOK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


AcuteShadows wrote:
I have the B+W Käsemann filter. It really improves the images, unless you're doing something stupid.


Thank You
I did watch one YouTube video and someone commented about using B&W 112 mm and getting vignetting from 14mm - 18mm which I found very strange ( maybe he bought fake filter )



Apr 29, 2023 at 10:09 AM
woodstork
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


I have the Nisi 112mm magnetic CPL. Works great, no vignette. It’s well made. I also have a couple of ND and a split ND that came as a kit. Neutrality is very good, not quite as pure as Breakthrough, but close.


Apr 29, 2023 at 06:48 PM
kreegerk
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


I am using the 112mm Freewell solution, it's also magnetic, no vignetting. Works well with the supplied 2nd lens hood and cap that comes with the 14-24.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1616209-REG/freewell_fw_112_cpl_magnetic_quick_swap_system.html



Apr 29, 2023 at 10:44 PM
AcuteShadows
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


PIOK wrote:
Thank You
I did watch one YouTube video and someone commented about using B&W 112 mm and getting vignetting from 14mm - 18mm which I found very strange ( maybe he bought fake filter )


I haven't seen vignetting with the B+W filter but did not specifically look for it. At wide angles, you'll always get some vignetting, with or without filter, so the difference may not be easy to evaluate. If you have polarized light, then the amount of light that passes through the filter depends on the angle of incidence, which may look like vignetting but is just the filter working as it is supposed to do. I may be able to comment more in detail if you can provide the link to the review.




Apr 30, 2023 at 10:32 PM
PIOK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


AcuteShadows wrote:
I haven't seen vignetting with the B+W filter but did not specifically look for it. At wide angles, you'll always get some vignetting, with or without filter, so the difference may not be easy to evaluate. If you have polarized light, then the amount of light that passes through the filter depends on the angle of incidence, which may look like vignetting but is just the filter working as it is supposed to do. I may be able to comment more in detail if you can provide the link to the review.



There is one comment under this video

"Hi Hudson, Did you notice any vignetting at the widest lens setting...?? I bought the expensive B+W 112mm circular polarizer and I was disappointed that it suffers from vignetting between 14mm and right around 18.mm which is not good. thanks..."




May 01, 2023 at 11:42 AM
SoCalRick
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


I use the Kase 112mm magnetic filters and they work fine w/o vignetting.


May 01, 2023 at 01:19 PM
AcuteShadows
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


PIOK wrote:
There is one comment under this video

"Hi Hudson, Did you notice any vignetting at the widest lens setting...?? I bought the expensive B+W 112mm circular polarizer and I was disappointed that it suffers from vignetting between 14mm and right around 18.mm which is not good. thanks..."


Hudson Henry has given an answer to the comment: "Bummer! No, they are very thin. In fact I tested it stacking an ND with the polarizer over it (it's thin and has no outer threads and it has only the tiniest, itsy bitsy vignette at the extreme corners at 14 and it's gone by a tick past 16 with them stacked." This observation is probably correct.



May 01, 2023 at 03:47 PM
PIOK
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


AcuteShadows wrote:
I have the B+W Käsemann filter. It really improves the images, unless you're doing something stupid.


You should tell me that this filter is almost as heavy as a lens
I am surprise how much heavier is comparing to my Lee 105mm CPL and almost twice as thick as 77mm B+W Master

I will test this filter this weekend, but no way I will sell my 14 - 30 f4 lens, because the all package is that much smaller

But this B+W Käsemann 112 is very solid



May 24, 2023 at 11:00 PM
Jesse Evans
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


PIOK wrote:
There is one comment under this video

"Hi Hudson, Did you notice any vignetting at the widest lens setting...?? I bought the expensive B+W 112mm circular polarizer and I was disappointed that it suffers from vignetting between 14mm and right around 18.mm which is not good. thanks..."



I suspect this user is mistaking uneven polarization which is guaranteed to happen at ultrawide focal lengths with vignetting.



May 25, 2023 at 01:33 AM
AcuteShadows
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


PIOK wrote:
You should tell me that this filter is almost as heavy as a lens
I am surprise how much heavier is comparing to my Lee 105mm CPL and almost twice as thick as 77mm B+W Master

I will test this filter this weekend, but no way I will sell my 14 - 30 f4 lens, because the all package is that much smaller

But this B+W Käsemann 112 is very solid


It's brass, not aluminum. Less wear and tear and much more even friction when you put the filter on an off.



May 30, 2023 at 06:24 AM
rick_reno
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


The first post mentioned ND filters. The Kase clip in filters work very well and they’re easy to carry. I’ve stayed away from a CPL filter for this lens so far but will likely get the Nisi whenI get one.


May 31, 2023 at 07:42 AM
kaplah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · CPL filter for NIkon Z 14-24 f2.8


rick_reno wrote:
The first post mentioned ND filters. The Kase clip in filters work very well and they’re easy to carry.

I've been considering the Kolarivision magnetic filters.




May 31, 2023 at 09:21 AM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.