Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2023 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Mal Paso

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Just got an email from Nikon. Z9 for $229.17 a month for 24 months. I'm in enough trouble already with camera purchases. I only need to control myself for 2 days until the offer ends.

Apr 26, 2023 at 09:31 AM
Max Power
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just what I needed, Financing!

That appears to be interest free, a good option for people who dont wanna credit card it.

Apr 26, 2023 at 09:39 AM
patotts
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Bad deal as it means you are paying MSRP for a camera that will drop in value as soon as the Z8 comes out. Buy used for $1,000 less or Greentoe for $500 less than MSRP

Apr 26, 2023 at 11:00 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Just what I needed, Financing!

patotts wrote:
Bad deal as it means you are paying MSRP for a camera that will drop in value as soon as the Z8 comes out. Buy used for $1,000 less or Greentoe for $500 less than MSRP

Depends on how long you plan on keeping it. If you were going to keep it long term, financing makes sense, just like a car.

Apr 26, 2023 at 11:05 AM
this is me
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Just what I needed, Financing!

I donít oppose 0% financing as long as I have the money upfront for it.

Apr 26, 2023 at 11:15 AM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Mal Paso wrote:
Just got an email from Nikon. Z9 for $229.17 a month for 24 months. I'm in enough trouble already with camera purchases. I only need to control myself for 2 days until the offer ends.

You can do it Mal Paso !

Apr 26, 2023 at 07:50 PM
GSaleh

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Just what I needed, Financing!

patotts wrote:

How do you figure that the Z9 will drop in value? Itís already amazing value compared to the competition. Nikon will price the Z8 so as not to impact the Z9. There is no way we will see a 45MP stacked sensor camera with Z9 video specs for less than $4.5K. If the specs are true, Iíd be inclined to bet on it being closer to $5K.

Just look around. We have the Sony A1 at $6.5K and the R3, a 24MP camera at $6K. Somehow I donít believe the rumours of a ďmini-Z9Ē coming anywhere near the reported figure.

Apr 27, 2023 at 05:24 PM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Life is too short to deny yourself simple pleasures.

Apr 27, 2023 at 05:27 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Just what I needed, Financing!

I thought the Z8 was supposed to have 61MP, and be slower, noisier and obviously have a flimsier body.

EBH

Apr 27, 2023 at 05:51 PM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Thats why you don't read or listen to rumors...

Apr 27, 2023 at 06:21 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Just what I needed, Financing!

GSaleh wrote:
How do you figure that the Z9 will drop in value? Itís already amazing value compared to the competition. Nikon will price the Z8 so as not to impact the Z9. There is no way we will see a 45MP stacked sensor camera with Z9 video specs for less than $4.5K. If the specs are true, Iíd be inclined to bet on it being closer to $5K.

Just look around. We have the Sony A1 at $6.5K and the R3, a 24MP camera at $6K. Somehow I donít believe the rumours of a ďmini-Z9Ē coming anywhere near the reported figure.

You can take this to the bank. If you order a Z9 today, this week, or next week, you're going to have some regrets in the near future.

Apr 27, 2023 at 06:24 PM
Alistair1
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Just what I needed, Financing!

RoamingScott wrote:
You can take this to the bank. If you order a Z9 today, this week, or next week, you're going to have some regrets in the near future.

I agree with that. The Fujifilm GFX100 on release of the GFX100s is a good indicator to what will happen to the Z9 on release of the Z8. And I sincerely hope they make the Z8 a better camera in every regard possible at a materially lower price than the Z9 and not hold back in a misguided attempt to protect sales of the Z9. If the specs of the Z8 eventuate to be close to those rumoured, there will be a ton of used Z9's up for sale and some attractive deals on new ones.

Apr 27, 2023 at 07:53 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Just what I needed, Financing!

APR 0.00-29.99 based on credit score. Itís basically a credit card.

Apr 27, 2023 at 08:18 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Steve Beck wrote:
Life is too short to deny yourself simple pleasures.

It is not a simple pleasure of life to have the stress of another loan that must be paid each and every month.

Apr 27, 2023 at 08:54 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Never finance anything that isn't appreciating faster than the interest rate. More important, never finance anything non essential like hobby stuff.

Apr 27, 2023 at 09:10 PM
Mal Paso

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Just what I needed, Financing!

I bought a Caterpillar tractor interest free but that was back when banks paid interest and I made a little money on the deal. If I really wanted a Z9 I would have gotten one of the $1K off refurbished or a new one from B&H without the sales tax. For those of us not made of it, it is a matter of money.

I bought a refurbished Z7ii for $2170 and am happy with it. 45MP, it does Focus Stacking and a few other things my D810 doesn't. I can take it hiking or to the beach and if it gets thrashed I won' freak. Well maybe a little but a Z9, I would freak.

I grew up in a studio. We pooled funds and bought paper and film wholesale so we could take that road trip and make some pictures. No, I won't be buying on time, this time. Never say never, banks might pay interest, someday.

Apr 27, 2023 at 10:19 PM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Just what I needed, Financing!

bs kite wrote:
It is not a simple pleasure of life to have the stress of another loan that must be paid each and every month.

If doing it puts that much stress on one then common sense would be not to do it.

Apr 28, 2023 at 06:28 AM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Steve Beck wrote:
If doing it puts that much stress on one then common sense would be not to do it.

Well the OP's name implies that he might commonly make bad choices...

Apr 28, 2023 at 09:50 AM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Just what I needed, Financing!

Yes Steve. And that is why I posted the succession of 's. It was so funny to me.

He seems to have had a past problem with borrowing too often for what he wanted...... and he openly admitted it with humor!

That is when I burst out laughing..... *not* at him at all. In fact, I admired him for facing the problem and overcoming it.

He said he only had two more days to go before the special was off.

I choose to believe he made it!

Apr 28, 2023 at 10:12 AM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Just what I needed, Financing!

bs kite wrote:
Yes Steve. And that is why I posted the succession of 's. It was so funny to me.

He seems to have had a past problem with borrowing too often for what he wanted...... and he openly admitted it with humor!

That is when I burst out laughing..... *not* at him at all. In fact, I admired him for facing the problem and overcoming it.

He said he only had two more days to go before the special was off.

I choose to believe he made it!

Yeah, I was just going off his Forum name Mal Paso which means "bad steps" in Spanish.

Apr 28, 2023 at 12:51 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.