Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Arca-Swiss plate style options for Leica SL?

OwlsEyes
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Arca-Swiss plate style options for Leica SL?

Hello,
I am not sure where to ask this question, but I figured this forum is the most likely to catch the eyes of an SL user.
I have added a Leica SL and a few Sigma DG DN series-I lenses as an alternative kit to my Nikon gear. I bought the SL because of its unique form factor and rugged construction and I would call this my "also" kit.
While it will not get the use/abuse of my Nikon stuff, I do want to use it for landscape that require me to hike long distances and off trails. When it comes to landscapes, I am a committed tripod user, as I love to shoot 5 to 30 second exposures of water, clouds, leaves, etc... This type of shooting requires that I lock my camera down on a tripod.
Enter the dilemma... Really Right Stuff makes a beautifully machined camera plate for the SL2/S and discontinued the plate for the SL. I reached out to them, and they have no SL plates in stock and no plans to reboot production (can't blame them). Furthermore, they seem to be the only manufacturer that makes custom plates for the SL system... quite the opposite situation for a Nikon shooter.
Anyway, I am looking for a solution to my dilemma that is more than just slapping on a small A/S plate to the bottom of my camera. If anyone has found a long plate that is a nice fit, knows of an alternative manufacturer, or has a plate for the SL for sale please let me know.

bruce

Apr 26, 2023 at 07:02 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.