New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Leica SL2-S with Panasonic 35mm 1.8 lens question

malikt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica SL2-S with Panasonic 35mm 1.8 lens question

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone tried Lecia SL2-S with Panasonic 35mm 1.8 lens. I am travelling this summer and want to bring a single body and lens for the trip. I currently have a 1D x iii but thats too heavy/messy to travel with (I have made that mistake in past).

I am curious about the image quality and sharpness. The other option I am considering is a Panasonic S5 ii and a Panasonic 35mm 1.8.

Would love to hear your experience or thoughts.

Thanks

Apr 23, 2023 at 09:09 PM
Malabito
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica SL2-S with Panasonic 35mm 1.8 lens question

What are you planning to shoot?
I have the Panasonic 24mm and its been great. The 24mm is supposed to be the weakest of the pana primes, and i have no complains, besides the plastic feeling of the lens, but that helps keep the weight down , so i guess the 35mm will be even better.
I also have the leica 35mm sl apo, and yes it's way better, but until now i havent had an image in which i thought dammed i should have use the apo sl 35mm instead of my pana lens.

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:29 AM
malikt
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica SL2-S with Panasonic 35mm 1.8 lens question

Malabito wrote:
What are you planning to shoot?
I have the Panasonic 24mm and its been great. The 24mm is supposed to be the weakest of the pana primes, and i have no complains, besides the plastic feeling of the lens, but that helps keep the weight down , so i guess the 35mm will be even better.
I also have the leica 35mm sl apo, and yes it's way better, but until now i havent had an image in which i thought dammed i should have use the apo sl 35mm instead of my pana lens.

Thanks for the reply Malabito.

I am travelling to Tokyo and want to capture anything interesting I see - buildings, temples, people, food, night scapes etc. Your comment helps - I'll porbably go for the Panasonic 35mm 1.8.

Apr 24, 2023 at 02:04 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.