Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2023 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

Todd Warnke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/mirrorless-lenses/nikkor-z-dx-12-28mm-f%252f3.5-5.6-pz-vr.html

Apr 17, 2023 at 11:19 PM
tobycat2
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

If only they had a dx body I wanted (z90, z70)

Apr 17, 2023 at 11:52 PM
PB_James
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

A lot to like about that lens, very useful range, internal zoom, standard filter size, light weight, low cost. Buy yeah, where's the more appealing DX body to stick it on? That on a 32mpix Z70 would be a great lightweight travel rig with the DX telezoom.

Apr 18, 2023 at 12:38 AM
Fpessolano
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

I dislike the fact it is a PD, but the price is decent. I would have preferred a 10-20 though ....

Apr 18, 2023 at 01:25 AM
bernardl
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

The power zoom is the reason why this lens exists though.

Apr 18, 2023 at 01:27 AM
Fpessolano
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

True. Once some reviews are out and price in Europe as well, i will consider it. I am not so focused on a new DX body except when it comes with z50 size and IBIS, as for me this is the small kit to carry when photography is optional

Apr 18, 2023 at 02:32 AM
lightstrum

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

Powerzoom not supporting z50 in initial release, hope they get around to it, would complete a DX trinity. The 16-50 and 50-250 are phenominal performers for their price.

Apr 18, 2023 at 03:11 AM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

Looks like a decent lens. I'm not a fan of power zooms but I am sure the vlogging community appreciates them. I am not bothered by the slow aperture. The 16-50 + Z50 has proved surprisingly usable in poor lighting on a modern sensor. Size is right, price seems right.

Apr 18, 2023 at 03:30 AM
fjablo
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

Interesting lens. I donít shoot UWA very often so even if itís DX, the low cost and esp the weight make it appealing. But in the end, I think the CV 15mm + cropping makes more sense and weighs only 90g more.

Apr 18, 2023 at 05:01 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

I'm not a fan of power zooms either but the new Sony (power zoom PZ) 16-35PZ is growing on me.

Apr 18, 2023 at 07:10 AM
glassartist
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

fotografur wrote:
I'm not a fan of power zooms either but the new Sony (power zoom PZ) 16-35PZ is growing on me.

That's one for the medical literature . . .

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:24 AM
Ripolini
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

Will it be as good as the Canon EF-M 11-22?

La Nuvola:

https://download.nikonimagespace.com/4000a5c106533cfc72dc98c458fe5297/Nuvola_07_1600px.jpg

EOS M3 w/EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM @ 11 mm, f/7.1, 1/60s, 100 ISO

Apr 18, 2023 at 12:50 PM
Oldwino
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

I've ordered one. It should be fun on my Z30.

Apr 18, 2023 at 07:31 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

Meh. Another cheap and slow zoom. I'd rather have a newly designed 10-24/4.
Since all they make is lowish grade Z DX bodies, it's not a surprise. Why can't Nikon make something in Z like the D500 and a few good wide-normal lenses for it?

EBH

Apr 18, 2023 at 09:40 PM
pwschladen
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

I have just ordered one too. A bit late to the party as I was finishing up my taxes.
When In I shot N1 the 6.7-13 was one of my favourite lenses and I miss it.
This wonít be nearly as svelte but seems a very reasonable size in spite of the PZ feature - not something I actually wanted but of course as it is there I am disappointed my Z50 wonít be able to use it!

Apr 18, 2023 at 09:48 PM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

pwschladen wrote:
I have just ordered one too. A bit late to the party as I was finishing up my taxes.
When In I shot N1 the 6.7-13 was one of my favourite lenses and I miss it.
This wonít be nearly as svelte but seems a very reasonable size in spite of the PZ feature - not something I actually wanted but of course as it is there I am disappointed my Z50 wonít be able to use it!

As Z50 is a current camera, I expect firmware soon to make it fully usable.

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:44 PM
pwschladen
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

SiMuMe wrote:
As Z50 is a current camera, I expect firmware soon to make it fully usable.

I agree - it is certainly implied by Nikon that there will be a firmware upgrade, just not when.
Looking forward to receiving the lens anyway.

Apr 19, 2023 at 06:59 AM
ilkka_nissila
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

EB-1 wrote:
Meh. Another cheap and slow zoom. I'd rather have a newly designed 10-24/4.
Since all they make is lowish grade Z DX bodies, it's not a surprise. Why can't Nikon make something in Z like the D500 and a few good wide-normal lenses for it?

The answer to that is simple: because people will buy FX to get better image quality and performance and Nikon (and the other big manufacturers) would prefer these two to go hand in hand (pay more -> get more speed and image quality and other features such as UI configurability etc.) By offering lower image quality but high performance in the same product they would confuse the market.

DX cameras and lenses are offered for lower cost, more compact size and lighter weight. FX is for higher-end applications.

If they made high-end lenses and cameras for DX they'd have to make a whole lineup consisting of consumer, advanced and pro DX lenses for this choice to make sense and probably there is not enough economic incentive to do that as most people who want high performance also want high image quality, and more creative options and better high ISO image quality which are more easily achieved with FX. The larger format makes it easier to get high image quality in low light, shallower depth of field options, and overall higher image quality with high dynamic range and high resolution with the pinnacle occurring at base ISO but still good image quality can be obtained at very high ISO as well, and so these systems are very flexible.

Manufacturers who have focused on small sensor ILCs without offering 35mm full frame have not done all that well in the (stills and hybrid camera) market. The customers want to be able to aspire to something that they can't quite (yet, maybe) afford.

For video, smaller sensors such as DX or Super 35 make a lot of sense.

Apr 19, 2023 at 08:18 AM
Max Power
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

ilkka_nissila wrote:
The answer to that is simple: because people will buy FX to get better image quality and performance and Nikon (and the other big manufacturers) would prefer these two to go hand in hand (pay more -> get more speed and image quality and other features such as UI configurability etc.) By offering lower image quality but high performance in the same product they would confuse the market.

DX cameras and lenses are offered for lower cost, more compact size and lighter weight. FX is for higher-end applications.

If they made high-end lenses and cameras for DX they'd have to make
...Show more

It might be time to acknowledge that the D500 was probably an anomaly in Nikon's digital history.

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:17 PM
Oldwino
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 12-28 DX PZ is here ... seems affordable too.

ilkka_nissila wrote:
Manufacturers who have focused on small sensor ILCs without offering 35mm full frame have not done all that well in the (stills and hybrid camera) market.

Yeah, I guess Fuji has done pretty well with APS-C, although like anything with Fuji, it's hard to tell exactly how things are going.

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:31 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.