Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Mark Metternich: Glad you like the feeling of being there. You missed the incredible bouts of wind though Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

jgardner04: Glad you like the light. It was a very nice morning. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 06, 2023 at 08:25 PM
PIOK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Nice Photos.... I almost crash a car there on perfectly straight gravel road... lesson learned pay attention all the time... Love Patagonia

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:06 PM
laveen123

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Brilliant work Scott! Well deserved win!

Apr 15, 2023 at 01:53 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Thanks all for voting for this to be the weekly feature. The thrill of it never ends. Firstly because there are so many really good photographers here that vote. And 2ndly because its great to know that I can make a good picture.

PIOK: Glad you like the photos. Patagonia is fatastic. The gravel roads require constant attention. And there is about 100km of gravel required to get to Laguna Peho. We got a hole in the tire and we drove by someone that crashed and rolled into the ditch on a straight stretch of the road. Fortunately, I spend the majority of my youth and still some today, driving on gravel roads. But my jeep rubicon with 33" tires and anti skid is not the same as an economy car. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

laveen123: Glad you like the work. Thanks for your vote. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 15, 2023 at 01:29 PM
mr.mbp
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

I was just there last month. Amazing place. Had my Z7 and M10M with me.

Apr 16, 2023 at 09:55 AM
Jerky_san
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

These are amazingly incredible shots.. the dynamic colors are so beautiful.

Apr 17, 2023 at 09:42 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

mr.mbp: It is an amazing place. I look forward to seeing your photo's. The constant high winds make it difficult to do better with a better IQ camera/lens. Thanks for your comments. Scott

Jerky_san: Glad you like the shots. I was surprised by how many places did not require tough hikes (but tough driving). This particular spot is great. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 17, 2023 at 10:54 AM
Justin Stone
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

2 floats my boat. Stunning set.

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:00 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Hi Scott!
I thought I posted a response to your thread but I didn't!
All I can say both as a viewer and as a photographer, just a complete image! The scale, the texure of the "ribs" in the folds of the the mtn. range..the colors..detail...WOW!

So well done! Such a unique place and a "dream of" trip.
Glad you made it and kudos on your win!
Dan

Apr 17, 2023 at 01:20 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Justin Stone: Glad you like 2 and the set. The long exposure hides the very busy water in front of me on that day. It would be very difficult to be floating a boat on this lake except for exceptional days Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Danpbphoto: Glad you like the scale and textures. It is a grand place and a dream of a place. Thanks for the kudos. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 17, 2023 at 01:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

onejug

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Wonderful!

Apr 17, 2023 at 04:38 PM
CDalessandro
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

You made it so difficult to pick a favorite they are all amazing...Awesome work!! Incredible scenery and light...wow!

Apr 21, 2023 at 04:24 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

onejug: Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

CDalessandro: It is an amazing place. Glad you like the work. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 21, 2023 at 08:26 PM
tctmp
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Very nice set, especially like the second one. The view at that location is so panoramic, didn't think of working the rocks into a vertical composition. Also your tripod held remarkably well given the wind. And the waves didn't turn all white with that long an exposure. Great job!

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:01 PM
Jim Dockery
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Fantastic shots of an iconic place. The second would be my favorite if the foreground rock was crisp - would have been a candidate for a focus stack. Many of these would convert nicely into B&W.

Apr 23, 2023 at 04:18 PM
Hathaway
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

1, 3 and 4 are quite nice. Great light and great detail.

Bob

Apr 23, 2023 at 09:26 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Wow what an amazing and inspiring work.

Marcelo

Apr 24, 2023 at 08:38 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

tctmp: Glad you like the 2nd. The waves/wind was quite strong and it just felt more interesting to have a long exposure. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Jim Dockery: Glad you like the shots. Thanks for the suggestions related to b&w and focus stacking. The waves were large - and I would have to time the photos in the stack.The water was covering it 1/2 the time. But iI did not consider or try. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Hathaway: Glad you like 1,3,4. It is a great spot. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Lightsearcher: Glad you like the work. What's amazing about this location is that it's so easy to get to. Many of my other targets required hours of hiking in the dark. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 25, 2023 at 09:59 AM
40Driggs
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

Great series! Your featured thread status was well deserved for sure.

Apr 26, 2023 at 09:56 PM
kdacharya
• • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Laguna Peho - Patagonia

wonderful feel both artistic and powerful. Makes me feel that us humans are insignificant, which is my objective in traveling. thanks so much for sharing, Scott. Sorry that I'm late to the party, so I could have voted. Seems you did need any additional help.

May 07, 2023 at 05:52 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.