New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13              end

Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 Ultron Review

Sonnar-7
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #1 · p.14 #1 · Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 Ultron Review

Thatís quite interesting, I was not familiar with the Heliar 75mm 1.8 and I must admit, I like its rendering better, more structure in the bokeh as you said.
I own the 75mm 1.9 and am very pleased with it, it does have some elements of a classic look, I think it may surpass the Heliar in that area in certain scenarios if you play with the S.C. Version of the Ultron, it can give a veil that is not washed ugly but renders the light beautifully and you can cast some circular colored flares also, it can add some classic to its more modern look.
A smaller Heliar pushed to 1.5 with Single Coating would win it all in my book.
If I stumble upon a 75mm 1.8 Heliar, I might just give it a try, thanks for that comparison Fred.

Feb 09, 2024 at 06:57 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #2 · p.14 #2 · Voigtlander 75mm f/1.9 Ultron Review

Sonnar-7 wrote:
Thatís quite interesting, I was not familiar with the Heliar 75mm 1.8 and I must admit, I like its rendering better, more structure in the bokeh as you said.
I own the 75mm 1.9 and am very pleased with it, it does have some elements of a classic look, I think it may surpass the Heliar in that area in certain scenarios if you play with the S.C. Version of the Ultron, it can give a veil that is not washed ugly but renders the light beautifully and you can cast some circular colored flares also, it can add some classic
...Show more

I think you'd really enjoy the 75/1.8 Heliar. It's a bit longer and 100 grams heavier than the latest 75/1.9 Ultron, but I prefer its feel and the style of its focusing ring. The aperture ring clicks nicely, reminiscent of older Leica lenses. Its classic rendering is something you might appreciate, and in actual images, it's just as sharp as the Ultron. I got mine for $350 used on the board.
Personally if I had to choose one, it would be the Heliar.

Feb 16, 2024 at 04:39 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.