Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

Archive 2023 · ProFoto B10 OCF A10 Clic modifier talk

John Straus
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · ProFoto B10 OCF A10 Clic modifier talk

For you B10 owners can you tell me how your unit deals with Standby mode? On my A1 series flashes when in standby before power off you can still wake the flash remotely by pressing the shutter. With my B10x I need to disable/enable the flash head on the remote for it to wake out of Standby mode. Not sure why Profoto would make these unit work differently? The killer is If I'm using the Connect to trigger the flashes I cannot wake the B10 and have to physically press the power button on the unit!

Oct 05, 2023 at 08:32 PM
MazeRunner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · ProFoto B10 OCF A10 Clic modifier talk

John Straus wrote:
For you B10 owners can you tell me how your unit deals with Standby mode? On my A1 series flashes when in standby before power off you can still wake the flash remotely by pressing the shutter. With my B10x I need to disable/enable the flash head on the remote for it to wake out of Standby mode. Not sure why Profoto would make these unit work differently? The killer is If I'm using the Connect to trigger the flashes I cannot wake the B10 and have to physically press the power button on the unit!

I just turn off standby mode.

I have about 12+ B10/B10X batteries also though.

Oct 31, 2023 at 10:35 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · ProFoto B10 OCF A10 Clic modifier talk

I've been running the Westcott Rapid Switch Octa-S for OCF a lot these last few months - classic soft Chimera look for so little money and it sets up quickly

Looks great either in strobe mode (B10+) or consistent light

I always use the internal bounce dish which adds a minute to the set-up

Dec 03, 2023 at 12:01 PM
1              end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.