Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Canon R6 MK2 for sport

sirbenfro

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon R6 MK2 for sport

Just got the above, have been using the R6 MK1 until now.
Just trying to set up the camera for sports, and seem to be struggling after reading a couple of conflicting tutorials, both completely different.
I'm comfortable with shooting sport with the R6, have triple BBF set up, * button for face detection and servo/one shot, have been using it for some time.
But confused with the differences on the MK2, if the eye focus is set up, does it actually show on the screen like with the MK1?
Anyone care to share their set up, or point me to a good tutorial?
Thanks

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:33 AM
filmjuicer

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon R6 MK2 for sport

Yeah, still trying to dial it in myself, so curious what people say.

I got mine a couple weeks ago (coming from the R6 as well) and I have it "mostly" where I want, but not quite. It doesn't seems to always like staying on the subject I want as well as I would hope, so I'm trying to figure out which setting I have wrong. The setup seems just different enough between the two versions, that I'm sure I'm missing something (and of course why would I bother to open the manual for the R6II !).

One thing I don't see is "face detection" on the R6 II, just subject detection (which I guess mean face detection when its set to people), and of course Eye-AF, which I see as an option under "Customize buttons" in the menu. I don't see any indication Eye-AF is set-up anywhere on the screen though. Again, waiting to see what other people say about all this, cause I feel like I am missing something, somewhere...

Mar 14, 2023 at 06:55 PM
sirbenfro

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon R6 MK2 for sport

Agree, I have continued reading tutorials etc, and it now seems to lock onto the eye and follow it (just using a photo on computer) but like you, I don't see an actual icon showing the eye detect is on. I don't know if that's the way it's meant to be if in auto. I have subject to detect in auto and eye detection in auto.
I looked at this guy, it's actually set up for birds, but I think it's adaptable for sport.

Also checked this guy out, but the 2 set ups are different!

Mar 15, 2023 at 03:47 AM
filmjuicer

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon R6 MK2 for sport

Yeah those videos are interesting...seems pretty good for a start point for sports. I like the second setup a little better between the two I think. I kinda like what the second guy did with the subject detect.

Mar 16, 2023 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.