1       2       3              7      
       9       end

Archive 2023 · Best Camera Bag

Frogfish
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Best Camera Bag

Outstanding wrote:
I always ignored OneMo bags, but finally gave in and bought a OneMo Lite 22L bag (18x13x10).

I am utterly shocked. Price to quality ratio is through the roof.

Here's my setup - PD Tripod, 50GM, 16 Sigma, 70-200 GM II, A7R5 with grip, F60RM2 Flash, 2x tele, Rode VideoMic Go II, Dust Blower all inside the bag, Yes the tripod fits perfectly inside with plenty of room to spare.

and this is their smallest 22L not the 25 or 35.

https://imgur.com/a/LNHB9rU

I have one of these (that I'm selling if anyone is in the UK and wants one - £125 + postage) however for me although the bag is excellent and capacious, and I love the detachable drone or small camera + lens bag) the belt is insufficient for the 7- 10 kgs I carry. Excellent for around town but not for hiking would be my take.

PGYTech who makes the OneMo are well known for the high quality of their equipment (esp. for drones, action cams etc.).

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:53 PM
Ziocomposite

p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Best Camera Bag

Thank you to everyone providing feedback & experience. My use case is just for general camera bag, originally had a Peak Design V2 20L and found it did not carry weight well.

Currently have the bags below and waiting to receive a Shimoda medium ICU to test with:
Osprey Soelden 32 - Wandrd Pro ICU is snug, minimal top area left for use. Peak Design Medium fits with wrestling (Not suggested).
Osprey Soelden 42 - Wandrd Pro easily fits, no issues. Peak Design Medium Fits snug.
Osprey Stratos 34 - Wandrd Pro nope. Peak Design Medium, don't do it lol.

Apr 21, 2023 at 05:06 PM
ddown

p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Best Camera Bag

Domke FX1 has been around the world and still works great throw it in washing Machine, Air dry still functions like when I get it 20 Years ago. Other than a little wear on corners still rock solid. Easy Access to gear. Don't need to take it off to use it.

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:10 AM
lensfan
• • •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Best Camera Bag

Are there good alternatives to Billingham 72 CAMERA BAG?
https://billingham.com/products/72-camera-bag_colour-black-canvas-tan-leather

I need a small inexpensive shoulder bag for a camera with 1 small lens attached (lets say not larger than Sony 20 1.8 G) with easy access (zippers are slow for me).

Aug 15, 2023 at 03:41 PM
sbay
• •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Best Camera Bag

My f-stop loka UL died. Zipper failed after about 7 years of use. I never really liked the bag so I replaced with a mammut trion (50L). Surprisingly they are about the same size. Fit and harness is much better with the trion.

weight is 3.4 lbs empty plus 1lb for an insert. Pictures show both an f-stop shallow medium and shimoda medium mirrorless.

The new versions of the bag have water bottle pockets on the side. Most of the climbing/snow sports bag with back panel access do not have those.

https://imgur.com/a/YhyDfjD

(Not sure why the link is not working, but if you cut and paste it takes you to an Imgur album).

Aug 24, 2023 at 01:09 PM
Ziocomposite

p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · Best Camera Bag

sbay wrote:
My f-stop loka UL died. Zipper failed after about 7 years of use. I never really liked the bag so I replaced with a mammut trion (50L). Surprisingly they are about the same size. Fit and harness is much better with the trion.

weight is 3.4 lbs empty plus 1lb for an insert. Pictures show both an f-stop shallow medium and shimoda medium mirrorless.

The new versions of the bag have water bottle pockets on the side. Most of the climbing/snow sports bag with back panel access do not have those.

https://imgur.com/a/YhyDfjD

(Not sure why the link is not working, but if you cut
...Show more

Thanks for sharing, that looks great! That water bottle pocket is nice too. Can be useful for beverage one side and tripod on the other. Is it rear and top panel access only?

Aug 24, 2023 at 01:20 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · Best Camera Bag

I've yet to find the perfect camera bag, so I have several that serve various purposes. If one comes close to perfect for me, it would be the Peak Design Everyday Messenger, but I can't stand that the flap won't stay open. If they added a hinge seam to it, I think it would be as close to perfect as possible.

Come to think of it, as far as rollers go, the Think Tank Roller Derby is just about perfect in its design and ease of use. The four-dual-wheels simply glide through airports like no other. Seriously, it almost levitates.....

Aug 24, 2023 at 01:29 PM
berimbolo
• • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · Best Camera Bag

I have a bunch of bags, each for a different use case.

Peak Design 6L sling: city walkaround with 1-2 smaller lenses + filters
Peak Design 20l Everyday Zip: I use this if Im traveling for work and need room for a large laptop and want to take a camera and 2 lenses with me
Mindshift Backlight 26L: My day to day wildlife photography bag. Perfect for me right now.

I may need to get something else if I buy a larger lens.

Aug 24, 2023 at 02:09 PM
sbay
• •
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · Best Camera Bag

Ziocomposite wrote:
Is it rear and top panel access only?

Yes for the main compartment. There's a zippered compartment on the brain and one on the front of the bag as well.

Aug 24, 2023 at 05:29 PM
wordfool
• • • •
p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · Best Camera Bag

Viramati wrote:
I have used Billingham bags for the last 45 years or so and I still find them to to be the best. Simple efficient design that lasts forever and after a few years use they loose that look that shouts "camera bag". I still have 550 model that is too big now for my daily use but have converted to a carry bag on the back of my motorbike!! The Hadley Pro or Hadley small are my everyday carry bags for cameras or whatever

I tried (and failed) to like Billingham bags decades ago (my last one was the 225 that I sold about 10 years ago IIRC) but for me they were always just so uncomfortable -- heavy to begin with, too bulky to be worn comfortably messenger style, and the strap just never agreed with my shoulders regardless of the third-party strap pads I used. I guess some bags just don't fit our bodies very well.

My very first camera bag back in the 1990s was a Domke F2, followed by a J1. Billinghams came soon after. Fast forward 20+ years (and about 30 different bags) and my bag style of choice is now the shoulder/messenger hybrid -- flavor of the month among my dozen or so camera bags is currently the Mindshift Exposure (I have the 13 and 15) and LowePro Pro Messenger. Both long since discontinued. Go figure.

Come to think of it, I really need to sell some of my little used (and a few totally unused) surplus bags. Bagaholism is a terrible affliction

Aug 25, 2023 at 09:50 PM
genjy
• • •
p.8 #11 · p.8 #11 · Best Camera Bag

My Domke F4 at work. Carried it like this for 5+ hours... inside there were a 35GM, a 20G, another flash, two OCF triggers, batteries, etc. I usually don't wear this particular bag on me with that much stuff inside for multiple hours, but no serious aches during and the day after. Great PJ style bag.

https://i.ibb.co/HtvNpMz/IMG-5686.jpg
Tamron zoom from this thread:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1797862/

Edited on Sep 17, 2023 at 09:09 PM · View previous versions

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:26 AM
aboutthelight
• • •
p.8 #12 · p.8 #12 · Best Camera Bag

I did not read all of the suggestions but I use the Ruggard Thunderhead 75 DSLR & Laptop Backpack (Black). It is extremely reasonably priced and excellent quality. I can fit my A1, extender, 600 F4 and 400 2.8 (both with hoods reversed) plus there is loads of room for cards, batteries, a laptop, etc. I bought the bag on sale for $119 I think. It is by far the best value for the money in my book if you are looking to take 2 long lenses with you.

Sorry I tried to include the link but it is not working.

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:14 PM
darrellc
• • • •
p.8 #13 · p.8 #13 · Best Camera Bag

Too many tradeoffs for any one camera bag to be the right one.

I went from too many camera bags and converged on just two that I make do with. A Shimoda Explore 25 for travel and around town and a Peak Design 6L sling. Though I also have a shimoda action 30 that I use when day hiking (and I'll pull out the insert sometimes if just bringing one camera/lens).

I have some hiking packs that I'll sometimes use as they are light and comfortable and just wrap a camera and a couple of lenses in neoprene wraps.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:26 AM
ebjerke

p.8 #14 · p.8 #14 · Best Camera Bag

I have this backpack; my wife bought it for me and I wasn't even looking for a new one. I love it and have used it for five years in all kinds of conditions. I get tons of compliments too!

https://www.lukecase.com/products/camera-backpack-k011

Aug 30, 2023 at 06:15 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.8 #15 · p.8 #15 · Best Camera Bag

chiron wrote:
Why am I reading this thread? I need another bag like I need a hole in my head.

Like a woman and her purse or shoes. 😂

Nov 10, 2023 at 03:13 PM
goo0h
• •
p.8 #16 · p.8 #16 · Best Camera Bag

so, anyone try these yet? The laptop provisioning is a bit different.

https://www.wandrd.com/products/rogue-9l-sling

Nov 10, 2023 at 03:36 PM
foto16
• •
p.8 #17 · p.8 #17 · Best Camera Bag

The only way to go is to possess all types of bags with different capacities, and choose which one to take for each outing (caution: it can be time consuming):

Shoulder bag: from tiny crossbody to a large bag that can hold a laptop.

Backpack: different types with different access points: front access, top access, back access, side access.

Sling bag: from small to large.

Nov 10, 2023 at 03:50 PM
goo0h
• •
p.8 #18 · p.8 #18 · Best Camera Bag

foto16 wrote:
The only way to go is to possess all types of bags with different capacities, and choose which one to take for each outing (caution: it can be time consuming):

Shoulder bag: from tiny crossbody to a large bag that can hold a laptop.

Backpack: different types with different access points: front access, top access, back access, side access.

Sling bag: from small to large.

we all get that. Try explaining that to your SO. 😜

Though, at least in my case, she’s more or less OK with it if she sees that I do indeed use a different bag for a particular occasion, like you said.

Nov 10, 2023 at 04:27 PM
genjy
• • •
p.8 #19 · p.8 #19 · Best Camera Bag

A couple more bags in action.

My old Superdry canvas messenger with a generic insert from eBay. Lots of room for gear and has top handles. Good for shooting in public space. Low-res screenshot from a video clip:
https://i.ibb.co/wyDRs4h/IMG-8078.jpg

My pre-2020 Billingham Hadley Pro (Fibrenyte). I wear this to fancier shoots, if I need a bag to work out of. I chose the Pro version because it has a top handle:
https://i.ibb.co/NTg2PHY/IMG-8079.jpg

Nov 10, 2023 at 05:14 PM
treacle
• • •
p.8 #20 · p.8 #20 · Best Camera Bag

There is no such thing as a best camera bag. There are better made and designed bags, and there are worse bags. I've had dozens of them. I have had favorites that I love and ones I have used a few times and never touched again.

A bag that is great for a wedding photographer that shoots the same gear every weekend is different than a sports photographer or travel photographer would need.

That being said for my needs which is mostly travel I do love ThinkTank 4 wheel spinners such as the Airport Roller Derby and the smaller Airport 4-Sight (which I think has been discontinued). I actually remove all the dividers and either wrap my gear individually or pack a smaller bag within the larger roller.

I like to have access to a good variety of gear but I don't want to carry it on my shoulder or back.

Nov 10, 2023 at 05:16 PM
       9       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

9       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.