Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

anselwannab
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

Shooting my kids, high school lacrosse and field hockey. Most venues have some kind of backstop netting that I can shoot behind. I find that shooting from behind the goal leads to much better action shots. From shots on goal two shots of the defenders. I was looking at making a mobile ďblindď that I could shoot from made out of the same kind of netting. Just looking online there are a lot of different types. Anyone ever do anything like this? It seems like Iíd like the non-knotted kind, even though I think, if itís right up against the lens hood, itís not going to make very much difference in the image.

Thinking of something thatís a bit wider than shoulder with, and with a slopeing front kind of like a pyramid or some thing. Anybody make anything like this?

Feb 26, 2023 at 11:07 PM
PureMichigan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

Love the engineering mindset. And by the way, you've got to look at this video of a Dad who had a problem with a high school baseball fence and apparently has a fabrication background. This is commitment and craftsmanship! This dude is my sports photography hero.

I played college lax and shoot my kid's HS games. I've never seen or heard of a "blind" like this but I think it's an interesting idea. I just have a very long lens and wear a baseball helmet with a softball facemark for those time I'm in a dangerous area. I haven't been hit yet -- but I know it's only a matter of time.

Feb 27, 2023 at 07:03 AM
Cnyphotoguy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

You may find a collapsible/portable baseball pitching screen you could set up in front of your positioning. Found this with a quick search https://www.amazon.com/PowerNet-I-Screen-Protection-Protector-Grounders/dp/B073WLKY4S/

Feb 27, 2023 at 07:12 AM
JRobertson
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

If you're shooting behind the net in a Lax game, you're asking for it. I'd buy a long lens and stay far back, if you're wanting to shoot in that position. Best of luck, you'll never catch me at the ends of a Lax field, although I do get a good laugh of those that try it...and how quickly the scurry back to the sides when they realize the error of their ways!

Feb 27, 2023 at 08:44 AM
CJMiller
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

Dang that video PureMichigan shared is awesome. Love the guys attention to detail.

Sorry, I don't know anything about lacrosse, but good luck in your pursuit of a solution. I know I'd do about anything to get the right shot of my kids.

Chris

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:53 AM
PureMichigan
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

Yeah, that video makes me want to turn in my Manhood Membership Card. Makes me feel incredibly incompetent. That's a DAD!

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:57 AM
anselwannab
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

Most lacrosse fields are in the middle of the stadium complex, so they end up putting back stop net up that work pretty well. Interestingly enough our home field has just a big berm on one end so thereís no net. So with those nets Iím usually pretty far back and I use a lens hood. Been shooting my 302.8, but I finally Got my dream lens of a canon 200-400 .

I agree the ends are dangerous, but with the netting and being fairly far back and being a cat, I feel pretty safe. Thatís why I was interested in a net bend some poles to make kind of a reverse goal. mainly looking for the best kind of net, which I would assume would be as strong, thin, and with out knot intersections to reduce possible interference.

Feb 27, 2023 at 04:54 PM
russelle

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

Love the reciprocating saw paint can shaker!

russell

Feb 27, 2023 at 06:34 PM
PureMichigan
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Netting for a behind the goal shooting blind? No offers for lacrosse.

That's the best part - he's beaming. You can tell he's also a photographer. Any tiny gizmo you can buy that makes your process 1% percent better/easier is a perfectly valid excuse to spend money.

Feb 28, 2023 at 08:18 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.