Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

       2       3              6       7       end
  

Archive 2023 · 4 day refurb sale

  
 
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 4 day refurb sale


https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/refurbished-cameras.page?utm_source=EC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=refurb-start-2-24-2023&utm_content=img&utm_term=Hero&ET_CID=4613879&ET_RID=909600835

Z9 $1000 off
Z7ii $800 off
Z6ii $600 off
24-70/2.8 $900 off
85/1.8 $150 off

They also have some refurb 2x Z TCs, which have been impossible to find new for a while.

Other deals, but those stood out.



Feb 24, 2023 at 10:22 AM
Max Power
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 4 day refurb sale


Some really good deals in there. Z5 for $800 is a pretty easy entry level way into FF.


Feb 24, 2023 at 10:36 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 4 day refurb sale


Max Power wrote:
Some really good deals in there. Z5 for $800 is a pretty easy entry level way into FF.


That plus the 40/2 would be a great $1100 travel kit!

Iíll stick to my X100v for that though =)



Feb 24, 2023 at 10:43 AM
BPsmith511
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 4 day refurb sale


RoamingScott wrote:
That plus the 40/2 would be a great $1100 travel kit!

Iíll stick to my X100v for that though =)


Debating this combo as a second body vs an X-T2/35 1.4 kit... been looking for a beat around 50mm set up. 40mm is close, Z5 is a great second body... but I've always wanted to try that 35 1.4.... tough call here.

The 24-70 is tempting as well... but I really should stick with my 24-120...



Feb 24, 2023 at 11:07 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 4 day refurb sale


BPsmith511 wrote:
Debating this combo as a second body vs an X-T2/35 1.4 kit... been looking for a beat around 50mm set up. 40mm is close, Z5 is a great second body... but I've always wanted to try that 35 1.4.... tough call here.

The 24-70 is tempting as well... but I really should stick with my 24-120...


The Fuji 35/1.4 has a unique character that no Z lens will give you, especially the 40/2. That 35 is THE lens in the X mount if you're into 50mm. The X100v's 23/2 lens is similar...it has some qualities that I simply couldn't find in the Z mount, which is why I bought a whole damn camera vs an equivalent Z lens.

I'd try the Fuji set up first, honestly, easy to resell either of those items. Nikon puts this stuff on refurb sale all the time. Just know the X-T2 battery life is terrible and you'll need to pack a few.

Regarding the 24-70, the excellent IBIS on Nikon as well as good high ISO noise handling makes the 24-120/4 a no brainer for me most of the time. I'd hate to lose more than 50% of its focal length coverage just for that 2.8 that I'd only use sometimes.



Feb 24, 2023 at 11:15 AM
BPsmith511
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 4 day refurb sale


RoamingScott wrote:
The Fuji 35/1.4 has a unique character that no Z lens will give you, especially the 40/2. That 35 is THE lens in the X mount if you're into 50mm. The X100v's 23/2 lens is similar...it has some qualities that I simply couldn't find in the Z mount, which is why I bought a whole damn camera vs an equivalent Z lens.

I'd try the Fuji set up first, honestly, easy to resell either of those items. Nikon puts this stuff on refurb sale all the time. Just know the X-T2 battery life is terrible and you'll need to pack a
...Show more

Yeah, the 24-70 2.8 is easy to avoid because of the performance I get with the 24-120. That is definitely more of a "wanting top notch" vs a need. The 24-120 at 70-100 F4 works great for anything I'd probably use the 27-70 @ 2.8 for (or I could use my primes).

I already have several batteries and SD Cards left from my X-T3 days which makes the fuji just as easy. For me the debate is more "do I want a second body" and "how confused will i get switching between systems/controls".



Feb 24, 2023 at 11:36 AM
weatherproof
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 4 day refurb sale


RoamingScott wrote:
Z6ii $600 off


Does that mean the Z6ii was $1399 refurbished for a moment?



Mar 03, 2023 at 01:03 PM
aKansasKid
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 4 day refurb sale


Bought a Z50 2-lens kit during the weekend refurb sale. Arrived yesterday looking brand new. camerashuttercount.com showed a shutter count of 1 when I uploaded my first picture. I've read that this is not unusual.


Mar 03, 2023 at 03:14 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 4 day refurb sale


Another 4 day sale is live: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/refurbished-cameras.page?utm_source=EC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=refurb-start-3-24-2023&utm_content=img&utm_term=Hero&ET_CID=4649321&ET_RID=909600835

D850 for 1999
Z6ii for 1399
Z 24-200 for 599



Mar 24, 2023 at 07:25 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 4 day refurb sale


RoamingScott wrote:
Another 4 day sale is live: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/refurbished-cameras.page?utm_source=EC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=refurb-start-3-24-2023&utm_content=img&utm_term=Hero&ET_CID=4649321&ET_RID=909600835

D850 for 1999
Z6ii for 1399
Z 24-200 for 599


I've been temped on these last few to grab a D850 for use in my legacy DSLR system for times the mood strikes to shoot it, but sales tax takes the fun out of it.



Mar 24, 2023 at 07:47 PM
eorlando
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 4 day refurb sale


I donít see and z tcísÖ.. must be sold out. Damn

RoamingScott wrote:
https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/refurbished-cameras.page?utm_source=EC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=refurb-start-2-24-2023&utm_content=img&utm_term=Hero&ET_CID=4613879&ET_RID=909600835

Z9 $1000 off
Z7ii $800 off
Z6ii $600 off
24-70/2.8 $900 off
85/1.8 $150 off

They also have some refurb 2x Z TCs, which have been impossible to find new for a while.

Other deals, but those stood out.




Mar 24, 2023 at 08:41 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 4 day refurb sale


That was a month ago.

eorlando wrote:
I donít see and z tcísÖ.. must be sold out. Damn





Mar 24, 2023 at 09:44 PM
Berry79
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 4 day refurb sale


Just ordered the z6 refurb. Was looking for the 24-70 f4 and seen the z6 refurb with the 24-70 for $1349. Seemed like a good deal and the lens is not listed as a refurb. Was looking for a camera to keep in the car and an all around drag around camera for whenever moments. Even though this one is discontinued, the price for the z6 and lens seemed like a good option


Mar 25, 2023 at 12:02 PM
Mal Paso
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 4 day refurb sale


A new Refurbished Sale was announced by Nikon yesterday. No Z9s but the Z 24-200 is back for $600 and D810 for $2000.


Mar 25, 2023 at 01:03 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 4 day refurb sale


Some great prices, was just checking randomly today: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/refurbished-cameras.page

Z 24-70/4 - $499
Z 50/1.2 - $1500
F 500 PF - $2580



Apr 12, 2023 at 03:58 PM
BPsmith511
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 4 day refurb sale


Someone said there was an FTZ I in there for $50 - What a steal, too bad I couldn't grab it.


Apr 13, 2023 at 03:42 PM
bs kite
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 4 day refurb sale



Could be wrong but I have been in refurbs quite often. I do not believe there was an FTZII for $50.

There is an FTZII in refurbs right now for $50 *less* than retail ($199 down from $250)

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/refurbished-cameras.page#!/tag:8ps:Accessories
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1669887-REG/nikon_niftz2_ftz_ii_mount_adapter.html?sts=pi


Edited on Apr 13, 2023 at 05:43 PM · View previous versions



Apr 13, 2023 at 03:52 PM
tobycat2
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 4 day refurb sale


Mal Paso wrote:
A new Refurbished Sale was announced by Nikon yesterday. No Z9s but the Z 24-200 is back for $600 and D810 for $2000.


I am planning a big trip this year out of country and wonder if the 24-200 would serve me better than the 24-70 for ease of carrying around (shooting mostly family photos, street, maybe small amount of landscape). I'd also take the 40f2 for lightweight fast lens. I like the 24-70 IQ but don't want to lose out on IQ or shoot at a slower aperture.



Apr 13, 2023 at 04:42 PM
CanadaMark
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 4 day refurb sale


tobycat2 wrote:
I am planning a big trip this year out of country and wonder if the 24-200 would serve me better than the 24-70 for ease of carrying around (shooting mostly family photos, street, maybe small amount of landscape). I'd also take the 40f2 for lightweight fast lens. I like the 24-70 IQ but don't want to lose out on IQ or shoot at a slower aperture.


The 24-200 is a great travel lens. It's better than it has any business being for an ~8X zoom, but it will never be as good as something like a 24-70 if IQ is your top priority. If the end usage of your images won't suffer from a small drop in quality (i.e. web sharing with friends/family vs. a huge print), it's probably worth it. From a high ISO/noise perspective, slow apertures are less of an issue these days with how ridiculously good RAW converters have gotten. If DOF if the issue, then of course there is no real substitute.

You could also look at the 24-120/4. It has very similar IQ to the 24-70/4 but with a more usable range. Probably harder to find one of those as a refurb though, for that same reason

For me, if photography isn't the primary focus of my trip, I'm much more willing to make compromises by bringing lighter or more flexible gear, and spend less time setting up shots. This also helps keep my marriage intact . If I am going on a dedicated photo trip, then I am far more likely to inconvenience myself with lots of heavy gear with a focus on getting the best quality images.



Apr 13, 2023 at 04:57 PM
SSISteve
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 4 day refurb sale


RoamingScott wrote:
Some great prices, was just checking randomly today: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/refurbished-cameras.page

Z 24-70/4 - $499
Z 50/1.2 - $1500
F 500 PF - $2580


You have to STOP posting these deals as last time these posts cost me $$$$ as I picked up a Z7ii and a Z5. The Z5 only had 1 shutter click on it and the Z7ii didn't have much more than that.



Apr 13, 2023 at 05:27 PM
       2       3              6       7       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

       2       3              6       7       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.